36 dimmable kit with 60 degree lens

a. 18 White

b. 16 Blue

c. 2 Red

d. 3 Ultra Violet UV

e. 3 Pink

f. 3 Cyan

g. 40 80 degree lens

I know I ordered extras so I can swap out colors and see what looks best (40 Max on the drivers)

7.1" x 15.8" Heatsink with fan

2 - Maxwellen drivers

$225 Shipped to Vegas... Cant wait

Can someone tell me if the 36 LED dimmable kit would work over a tank with the following dimensions please:

36Lx12Wx10H

sounds good to me mine is a 40 breeder and working good so far

still going to add more colors

DimePieceReef
Ok Aqua Style Fans....

I am ready to take the plunge. Ordering the 36 Dimmable kit 16 whites, 16 blues, 2 reds, and 2 UV

Any thoughts on my color selection?

Also which driver? Maxwellen 12-20 or MeanWell LPF-60D-48

Take a look at this thread.. It will give you a better idea for color options. It seems that most prefer the 4500k for the whites at a 2:1 ratio with RBs. Everyone has there own opinions tho. I currently have 13 RBs 4 10000k, 4 6500ks, 4 4500ks, 2 pinks and 2 UVs. I will be putting the light together this weekend. I think Im going with 12 RBS on one driver with 3 4500ks, 3 6500ks, 2 10ks, 2 pink and 2 UVs on the other. Good luck!

How do I know if I need the optics? Exactly what do they do? I got the 24 kit wired up in the hood of a NanoCube 28gal. It looks awesome. Just need to tweak some of the setup. I think I need to order 2 more blue less. I have 12 white 10k, 10 blue and 2 pink. I think I am going to remove 2 white and put them on the white driver and add too more blue. What do you guys think?

basicfisherman

I would say that if you have them.in a Nanocube hood you wouldnt wqnt the optics because of how close they are to the water. I have mine in a Biocube hood and i get spot lighting if i use the optics.

I started with a 10g for about 3 days, that's what I planned for and ordered a DIY 20 led from AS. 10 white and 10 blue. Well two days after I set it up I saw a deal on a 27g tank and got that and transfered everything. It came with 1w led 6 white 3 blue.

I like how it sits on the tank, would it be ok to just add the AS led's to this heatsink and have both lights, or should I just use the one from AS and hang it? Also will the 20 be ok for a Marineland 27 gal, or will I need to get some more led's?

I didn't get the dimmable, figured I can get a dimmer dial from radio shack and make a nice driver box.

Many thanks!

Quick question that might have already been covered. When I dim my lights down all the way they still stay on a little bit, is that due to the dimmer switches being not the best quality? Or wrong placement of the wires on the dimmer switch? Because they go up like normal but I would think when turning the dimmer in the opposite direction that they would dim out completely.

Quick question that might have already been covered. When I dim my lights down all the way they still stay on a little bit, is that due to the dimmer switches being not the best quality? Or wrong placement of the wires on the dimmer switch? Because they go up like normal but I would think when turning the dimmer in the opposite direction that they would dim out completely.

It could be a cheap switch, or how it was designed, not to cut all power and just to dim.

Not sure what switch you have, but just knowing how it works.

I am not sure if you reversed the polarity would help, kinda think it would do the opposite. But I like to troubleshoot and would try a few things. Hope someone else can elaborate.

Mine are the same when i turn them down but when i turn them up from 80% to 100% thats where all the power it. Is that just the way they work?

Well when I was building the system I tested it out before soldering all joints including the dimmer switches and it dimmed fully both ways. From absolutely no light when turned all the way left to full bright turned all the way right. Now it does the same except not fully off. But yes 146kustoms seems to be a big difference when at about 3/4 to 100 %. Was just wondering if I used the wrong side of the dimmer since there is 3 terminal positions on it. I used 1 center and 1 to the right which according to the instructions thought was the right way?

I retook some pics I posted earlier in this thread with some better lighting. This is how I setup and you can see the dimmers up front and how they are wired. Omit the bare end wires they are for future moonlights and not in use. And please excuse the dust, it's not usually that dirty down there I swear lol!!!

led3.jpg

led2.jpg

led1.jpg

I had a question as well, what heatsink(s) would be best to light a 30g breeder with 36 led kit? 36" L x 12" W x 16" T. two (7.1"X0.9"X15.8") with 80' optics 4-5" off the water? or a single (7.7"X0.9"X19.8") with 60' optics 6-12" off the water? Any suggestions?

Ok now we have a lot of ppl running aquastyles led kits and lets throw a bomb,I know from what I ve seen and reading hours in the web that there is not such thing the perfect lighting system and no rule about lighting a reef tank the old rule watt per gallon is a myth I say.It is all about type of coral/par=par/type of lighting watt.In my set up I have 16RB,16CW and 4UV with no optics and I have good coloration with royal blue at 80% and 10.000 white at 60-70% what about your led kits can you share your experiences with aquastyles and corals? any suggestion welcome.

Ok now we have a lot of ppl running aquastyles led kits and lets throw a bomb,I know from what I ve seen and reading hours in the web that there is not such thing the perfect lighting system and no rule about lighting a reef tank the old rule watt per gallon is a myth I say.It is all about type of coral/par=par/type of lighting watt.In my set up I have 16RB,16CW and 4UV with no optics and I have good coloration with royal blue at 80% and 10.000 white at 60-70% what about your led kits can you share your experiences with aquastyles and corals? any suggestion welcome.

well so far so good corals colored up better than my old Tek 4bulb light

Archived