Innovative Marine Aquariums

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hook'Em2006

Is it just me or does it seem like the blue isn't blue enough? maybe its because I also have 2 pinks on the same driver.

basicfisherman

A question to go along with your question Hook'Em. Does have multiple color combos really help the look of the tank out that much? I have only saw one light fixture in person that had different colored LED's and it looked nice.

Hook'Em2006
A question to go along with your question Hook'Em. Does have multiple color combos really help the look of the tank out that much? I have only saw one light fixture in person that had different colored LED's and it looked nice.

The pink LEDs really seem to make some of my coral pop. But I feel like the take away from the Actinic lighting. I am trying to get ahold of Ray to see if I can exchange my drivers and add some 6500k whites and more blues

Here is my question I have a total of 4 drivers for my 72 led build an I want to run only 2 pots for my setup so how do i do that and one other thing is I would like to only have one power cord is that possible.

jedimasterben
Here is my question I have a total of 4 drivers for my 72 led build an I want to run only 2 pots for my setup so how do i do that and one other thing is I would like to only have one power cord is that possible.

Just intertwine the leads from the drivers you want on one pot and attach them like normal.

And no, you need a power cord for each, no way around that.

Ok cool beans this isn't gonna be that bad btw I got some weired remote thing that needs batteries and has an on off switch any clues?

jedimasterben
Ok cool beans this isn't gonna be that bad btw I got some weired remote thing that needs batteries and has an on off switch any clues?

I'm not sure. I got an on-off switch when I ordered my kit, but it didn't need any batteries. :/

Oh ok so put batteries in it and then touch them

With the wires

Yes, exactly.

I have two pink LEDs thrown in there and I think it looks pretty good.

The pink LEDs really seem to make some of my coral pop. But I feel like the take away from the Actinic lighting. I am trying to get ahold of Ray to see if I can exchange my drivers and add some 6500k whites and more blues

And YES, they do take away from the blue light in your lunar period. I strongly suggest that no one ties them together with the blue. You should put your pinks on the same channel as your white 10ks because you never have white on by itself without blue also on, and also because the pinks hit some of the spectrum of the white. I've heard that pink helps with coral growth, in fact. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

WmaSsl.jpg

This is what it looks like right under where pink and blue meet:

t5K8Kl.jpg

you can clearly see some pink lighting coming in on the left anterior corner of the tank, there is also in the right rear, but in this shot i didn't have coral under that pink light yet.

fzqIgl.jpg

So my order shipped on the 1st and is due to be delivered to me in PA tomorrow. Started in Hong kong, then went to Taiwan, then to Japan, now it's headed back to Japan. Wtf fedex? Can't find the USA?

jedimasterben
My driver says it is for 7-12 leds, dO you think I could add 2 more to it and be ok?

How long do you want the driver and/or LEDs to last?

My driver says it is for 7-12 leds, dO you think I could add 2 more to it and be ok?

If the sum of all forward voltages of the LED's in the series is less than 48 volts, you should be fine. Just don't exceed 48 volts.

db0b2e37.jpg

How does it look?

just a couple tips:

1. a cardboard heatsink will never work. These LEDs get hot enough to ignite cardboard into flames. Were you planning on using a drill or thermal paste?

2. Drawings of LEDs are not as bright as actual LEDs. For about $2.70 a piece, it is much more cost effective to use actual lights instead of drawing lights to replace them. The PAR difference between pen on cardboard vs bridgelux LEDs is literally night and day.

Was this the tank you were planning to hang it over?

ozcbQl.jpg

Lol the cardboard was just for the layout a drawing it is the exact size of the heat sinks and that's one of two I'm makin what I'm looking for is the color spread.

just a couple tips:

1. a cardboard heatsink will never work. These LEDs get hot enough to ignite cardboard into flames. Were you planning on using a drill or thermal paste?

2. Drawings of LEDs are not as bright as actual LEDs. For about $2.70 a piece, it is much more cost effective to use actual lights instead of drawing lights to replace them. The PAR difference between pen on cardboard vs bridgelux LEDs is literally night and day.

Was this the tank you were planning to hang it over?

ozcbQl.jpg

You don't seriously think you can keep a sea turtle in a tank that big, do you? I mean, maybe a red eared slider, or a snapper if you stretch it, but a sea turtle?

Hook'Em2006

Does anyone know how to get ahold of ray? When I placed my order he was very responsive. Now, not so much. The equipment is nice but the customer service is dung. Guess it goes back to the old mantra, you get what yah pay for :-/

jedimasterben
Does anyone know how to get ahold of ray? When I placed my order he was very responsive. Now, not so much. The equipment is nice but the customer service is dung. Guess it goes back to the old mantra, you get what yah pay for :-/

My first order with him was placed on Christmas day. He responded within twenty minutes, and always did every time I replied. I emailed him a few days ago asking about a custom kit and I haven't received any response at all.

Hook'Em2006
My first order with him was placed on Christmas day. He responded within twenty minutes, and always did every time I replied. I emailed him a few days ago asking about a custom kit and I haven't received any response at all.

That is pretty much the same for me. It's like he won't respond unless you have a pending order or something.

I was wondering if anyone has had to remove an led from the heatsink after using the thermal adhesive from aquastyle? Does is mess up the led like the artic siler thermal adhesive says it will?

Thanks for the info and I hope to be joining the club soon.

czim

Archived