Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimaster1138

okay, yes it's a flat rock. It has 2 leptastreas on it (and some SPS and zoas) but that's not important. What is important is the PAR. That area gets about 250 PAR. which I don't think is good enough for a crocea.

OMG SHOULD I DO AN OCTOPUS?!

If the Maxima that's 6 inches lower is doing OK, i wouldn't worry too much. I know Crocea's like a lot of light...but 6" lower isn't the difference between a 400w halide and a little dude holding a maglite.

Of course I can't speak for any shadows or whatever that I can't see.

YOU NEED A BIGGER TANK WOMAN. JUST DO IT. OMG EMAIL REEF SAAVY AND GET HIM BUILDING YOU A 150g.

:)

For an octopus? Naw.

It's gonna get bored in a small tank.

Hasn't it always been the goal to cram as much as we can in a little box of water and force everyone to get along?

If the Maxima that's 6 inches lower is doing OK, i wouldn't worry too much. I know Crocea's like a lot of light...but 6" lower isn't the difference between a 400w halide and a little dude holding a maglite.

Of course I can't speak for any shadows or whatever that I can't see.

YOU NEED A BIGGER TANK WOMAN. JUST DO IT. OMG EMAIL REEF SAAVY AND GET HIM BUILDING YOU A 150g.

:)

:slap:

It's gonna get bored in a small tank.

Hasn't it always been the goal to cram as much as we can in a little box of water and force everyone to get along?

You know what would be a REAL challenge for me? A minimalist tank.

COZ WE ALL KNOW I CAN'T DO IT. :haha:

Like, one zoa.

24.gif

• Like 1

Also I have to bake a cake today. Where is Mama Tailes when you need her?

D'awwww! Mama Tailes was busy being a mama to Baby Tang. *sigh* She insists on standing all the time now.

What kind of cake? MMmmmm cake....

• Like 1

Aww. Well I baked a cake! omgomgomg

I wasn't sure it would turn out okay because the butter didn't exactly melt when I started whipping the milk and eggs with it. By hand. :wacko: so it was lumpy by the time I started putting in the flour mix. But I had extra batter and made a smaller heart shaped cake for the kids. Gone in 30 seconds!

:o:

• Like 2

And then I decorated the cake.

20140416_202241.jpg

If you haven't guessed by now Mama Tailes, I'm in a cake decorating class. Tonight was class #2. The cake is a pretty delicious vanilla cake. With Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla essence whatever that it.

I have 2 POUNDS of icing in tubs with me right now. Next week is cupcakes. omgomgomg

• Like 4

20140416_202241.jpg

If you haven't guessed by now Mama Tailes, I'm in a cake decorating class. Tonight was class #2. The cake is a pretty delicious vanilla cake. With Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla essence whatever that it.

I have 2 POUNDS of icing in tubs with me right now. Next week is cupcakes. omgomgomg

And I was sitting here wanting sweet/deserty things BEFORE I clicked this thread..... :drool:

• Like 1

20140416_202241.jpg

My secret: replace a tsp of your liquid (water usually) with almond extract. Can do the same and add butter taste. Mmmmmmmm.....

• Like 1

Cake sounds good. I only have had it once this week. Sadly though I do not have a working oven...

Your icing is going to make it a whole week? Most women I know would end up eating it with a spoon before then...

Kat the tank looks beautiful! Hope all has been well!
Hi Jarob! So nice to meet you at the swap.

Cake sounds good. I only have had it once this week. Sadly though I do not have a working oven...Your icing is going to make it a whole week? Most women I know would end up eating it with a spoon before then...
:huh: sounds like my niece. I snuck in a slice of the cake last night and really didn't care for the icing, too sweet. So yes the icing will make it just fine till next week.

My cake in the Mid-Atlantic Cake Competition a few years ago...
YULIE