Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Nano sapiens

"Thou shalt not partake of the deliciously fattening and decadent virtual cake". "Back to the nano tank!" (as the peasants follow dejectedly with their pitchforks by their sides...) ;)

• Like 1

He lives dangerously I see

You know I've been meaning to tell you that he's crazy about cars. He rattles off models, year of manufacture, price, colors, speeds, and all kinds of random facts. :eek: He might like a real conversation with you sometime.

• Like 1

No baking for me. Too much of a cook to enjoy baking.

My mother took a decorating class growing up and that was the frosting I grew up with. Almost the same recipe.

You know I've been meaning to tell you that he's crazy about cars. He rattles off models, year of manufacture, price, colors, speeds, and all kinds of random facts. :eek: He might like a real conversation with you sometime.

Sounds good to me .

• Like 1

I would stick with mostly/all butter frosting...much smoother than crisco and you can't beat the taste.

Not a big fan of Wilton products but they are find to practice with.

LOVE gumpaste flowers. It can be frustrating at times but the results are amazing. Just remember when coloring that less is more and to layer colors as much as possible so your flowers don't look like cheap hookers. Never forget the first time someone thought one of my flowers was real. The poinsettias and holly on the cake I posted are gumpaste.

Go visit cakecentral.com! SO much info there, and a good community.

• Like 2

I try my best not to use crisco in my icing. I might be a touch spoiled in that I can taste it. Blech. BUT since it's for practice and learning, it's perfect!!

The pastry chef teaching the class was all about crisco. I thought her icing tasted yuck.

Ewww...yuck!

Has anyone gotten into pulled sugar decor? Ive tried it once before but i was just making swirls and stuff, nothing complicated.

Nah, but always wanted to!

You think? Candles and wine and romantic music playing. The mood is right and he whips out a big

White+Chocolate+Peppermint+Frosting+-+Pa

bag of icing.

:closedeyes:

Laugh all you guys want, but ladies LOVE a guy that can cook, bake, etc. :happydance:

Besides...Icing can be fun!

• Like 3