Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Well I am a Baker, I guess the overwhelming charm and attractiveness hasn't kicked in yet. Or maybe I should decorate more cakes...

Well, let me ask a delicate question...how good a likeness is your avatar pic?

:o

• Like 1

I just can't find the pic again. I tried to retake it But the beach has been sucky lately.

I'll have a new one soon. My selfie game is getting better. And let the record know that I do not resemble Mr. Gregg in any way.

• Like 1

Veng has put together a little something... YUMMY!!

And I've always maintained that cooks cook far better than they bake and bakers bake far better than they cook.

I'm a baker.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if tailes just called me a bad baker or a bad cook...

You cook better than you bake. But then again you don't bake very often, so I don't have a good handle on which you do better! Need moar examples! :D

• Like 1

Your Oma is 90? :wub: so is mine.

92 actually.

Since you'll be chatting her up, also need the deets for almond torte. All I can remember is equal butter sugar and sliced almonds cooked in a double boiler. Then you're supposed to pour it in a greased pan and let it chill but I can't remember if there was a crust or not.

Is there anybody with German ancestry on here? I used to make a couple of delicious German dishes that I've lost recipes for. I don't trust the interwebs for them.

Whatcha need girlie

edit

oops nevermind , just found it.

Cherries (obviously), peach, a touch of pineapple, white cake mix, and topped with butter to crisp. This is what it looks like before it goes into the oven:

EVBqAsFh.jpg

:bowdown:

One day I will be comfortable just throwing stuff together for baking.

I can do it for salty stuff but not sweet.

Seriously, canned fruit, box cake mix, sliced butter, and a cast iron skillet, 425 for 45 mins That's all it is. :lol:
  • Like 2

You're very little for such a sweet toothed mama. :rant:

LOL I don't deny myself, I limit myself. :D

But no, seriously, I'm still trying to get rid of 10 lbs, post baby.