Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Problem with Imgur is that if you don't pay they hide your photos from you. I didn't know that until I realized that I couldn't see half my images there.

True enough. On the other hand, it's cheap, and oh so easy to use.

True enough. On the other hand, it's cheap, and oh so easy to use.

Yep. And by far the easiest to use mobile as well. It was the only service that would allow me to copy the link from the browser on my phone.

Let's try this again. So I uploaded it full resolution. This is picasa again.

The link it generates only goes up to 800px, I manually changed it to 2000.

Boom

zoos_2-2.jpg

Click to enlarge. :)

OMG, she learned. Only took 2 years. :D

My favorite picture! I'm not sure these are my sticks :wub:

sigh

side%2520shot_1-2.jpg

Page quote for the best pic. I pity the fools who don't like colored sticks. :)

• Like 3

Good morning, peoples of the reef. What's cookin'?

I have to make a cake. I'm taking a cake decorating class and I have to show up with a cake. And a tub of icing. :)

In Tank news, my alk is low because the skimmer has been skimming VERY wet. It's basically just a faucet. The reason for this is that I got a new pump for the skimmer and it is not dialled in. Not sure what to do to dial it in, I have raised it up already and I thought it had worked but clearly not. I have shut off the skimmer for now. I figure having three clams in the system is a skimmer enough for right now.

OMG, she learned. Only took 2 years. :D

:slap:

:lol:

Kat the FTS from Rehype looks sick!!! I'm very impressed :)

It looks great. I'm going to post a full res picture of it when I jump to the next page.

There was so much reflection as I've got very bright windows facing the tank. Rehype is amazing.

• Like 1

ok I see...but that amount actually removed by the skimmer would be very minimal. Im thinking the high wetness removal would cause the ATO to pump in more RO water, causing the alk to go lower...

yes. and travelling for 2 weeks meant no magnesium dosing which is also low. And here we are. Over all lots of factors lowering the Alk. Now to address them all and get it back to normal. Slowly.

• Like 1

oh don't worry about that. Croceas, more than any other species, are often found in aggressive very shallow water. They are the only species sometimes found exposed in very low tides. They can take the waves.

• Like 1

By the way I took your advice and stocked the batcave ( which is over run by heavy HEAVY HEAVYYYYYY Macro ), and stocked it with 3 clams. a large PEA maxima, a large Cocos Island cultured maxima, and a large pacific cultured Crocea. I am happy to report they are all doing well, going on 3 months. I would show pics but im having trouble with photobucket. Parameters in that tank are nitrates 10ppm and phosphates 1 ppm. The clams appear to love it!

Top down shots. I just took these while the pumps were off.

20140415_105549.jpg

I'm thinking the Myagi tort is soon going to shadow the Orange Maxima. The Maxima is attached so I guess I have to move or re-position the tort soon. :mellow:

20140415_105633.jpg

• Like 4

Hey are your Kings Randsome zoas actually blue? I picked up a frag and they were brown/ beige, and never colored up. I have other blue zoas, hornets, etc....so I doubt it's my tank.

Hornets are a navy blue. Kings Ransom are a steel blue. Yes mine are blue.

20140311_180330_1.jpg

Big Mac sent me brown ones. I shall tweak his nipple when I see him at the swap.