Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Shhh! Most expensive wallet, purse, and business card holder I have *ever* bought. The only reason I got it?

Santa in the form of Veng! :wub:

I got the purse in all black though. Not the weird green/black combo. It now also doubles as my laptop bag. Su-weet! :D

819lvqsaW1L._SL1500_.jpg

( . )( . )

had to get in on the convo... :D

Nice rack Tulip! :lol:

Ladies... so immature. Sheesh. ;)

:slap:

I couldn't resist! ;)

_6786543.jpg

I MUST NOT ROOFY TAILES AND STEAL THE WALLET

I MUST NOT ROOFY TAILES AND STEAL THE WALLET

GOTTA ROOFY TAILES AND NAP THE WALLET

I have the black one, too! I LOVE it. I carry around my cat.

;)

:slap: it's not a man purse!

Pardon me but i heard there were nakid women in here ? :wub:

Uh huh. Tulip started it.

Damn you people. * shakes fist * So many useless posts to scroll through. :D

Kat, is everything ok with the tank?

I bought a bottle of MicrobeLift Special Blend bacteria to add to my 40 on advice that it did well to restock good bacteria. It smelled like ass, and really that's the best description I can think of. Maybe this is what roadkill smells like after a few days int he sun. I closed the lid tight, still smelled, put in a ziplock bag, still smelled. I had to get rid of it.

Special Blend ... ha.

I'd like to know if Dr Tim's stuff has the same issue.

I stopped trying to keep up with Kat's thread right as the TOTM party started.

Now it's a birthday party?

Ya because it was born on xmas. So now we are in the birthday celebration!

Damn you people. * shakes fist * So many useless posts to scroll through. :D

Kat, is everything ok with the tank?

I bought a bottle of MicrobeLift Special Blend bacteria to add to my 40 on advice that it did well to restock good bacteria. It smelled like ass, and really that's the best description I can think of. Maybe this is what roadkill smells like after a few days int he sun. I closed the lid tight, still smelled, put in a ziplock bag, still smelled. I had to get rid of it.

Special Blend ... ha.

I'd like to know if Dr Tim's stuff has the same issue.

Yeah I know, I wish there was a feature that allowed me to clean up the thread. Anyway the tank is back to doing well. As Tibbsy pointed out above, somewhere, my large water change, addition of peroxide, changing iut the carbon, moving the sump power head etc all worked to rid the tank of bacteria.

I'm keeping an eye on it, Dr tims has shipped so I will do the smell test and report back.

I've heard good things about microbe lift, too bad the smell was atrocious. I'm not sure what causes the sump and skimmer to change their bouquet of fragrances. Yesterday smelled awful. Eeyuck.

Ok metro, I have to ask. How do you get the backgrounds so black in your pictures. Are you doing it in total darkness other than your main light when you take your pictures? Is there photoshop involved? I must know!

Ok metro, I have to ask. How do you get the backgrounds so black in your pictures. Are you doing it in total darkness other than your main light when you take your pictures? Is there photoshop involved? I must know!

I assume you are talking about the actinic shots? But yes in general to avoid a reflection on the glass, I click my pictures with room lights off. The camera naturally takes very dark pictures, whether because of the settings or due to the camera itself I don't know. I'm not an advanced photographer, I can just click. I don't have photoshop, I use picasa, with these dark pictures, I actually have to add light or the pictures are extremely dark. I don't enhance it otherwise. Ill see if I can find an unedited picture and post it with an edited version to show what changes I do.

Also, Veng, that back wall in my tank is a smoked glass.