Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

If he's the dude I'm thinking of, his biceps are the size of my head.

You got it, man. I might be driving through this week or next week for a job in Jersey... Gotta check the schedule again. Got a door man I could leave a swampy bag with if it's a strange hour?

Yes, I do!!! We will talk...

OFF TOPIC :

Here is a summer time factiod. I just learned that it is NY state law, that if a doodie is spotted floating in a public swimming pool, that facility must be immediately evacuated and shut down for 24 hours for a complete chlorine replacement.

Say whaaaa...

No wonder Kats always flirting with him. She likes meatheads.

Im not a meathead, Ima dumbell.

Ah, now all I can picture is an action figure proportioned person holding up a tiny maxima like a chipmunk holding up a nut. I don't like web my perception of reality is changed.

Who measures how much Kalk to put in the solution? I just pour it in and maintain a layer of undisolved Kalk on the bottom of the container. Its natural saturation is fine for my needs. I guess what you are doing with the vinegar is making it super saturated by allowing more to disolve in the medium. So my question is "is there any reason to measure how much Kalk you are adding to the solution as long as its more than amount that will disolve?".

Chris

Who measures how much Kalk to put in the solution? I just pour it in and maintain a layer of undisolved Kalk on the bottom of the container. Its natural saturation is fine for my needs. I guess what you are doing with the vinegar is making it super saturated by allowing more to disolve in the medium. So my question is "is there any reason to measure how much Kalk you are adding to the solution as long as its more than amount that will disolve?".

Chris

No reason at all . If saturated there is no reason to measure, and certainly no reason to keep adding more ! If you are maintaining a less than saturated solution, which Kat is, then you can talk measurements.

Vinegar lowers ph. Kalk disolves more in lower PH and in colder water as well.

<Jealous of your ability to bend men to your will. I'm up to 3 different people who supposedly do custom acrylic not reply to my e-mails or messages, or vanish off the face of the earth.

Ha ha ha!!! +1 on that definitely!

No reason at all . If saturated there is no reason to measure, and certainly no reason to keep adding more ! If you are maintaining a less than saturated solution, which Kat is, then you can talk measurements.

Vinegar lowers ph. Kalk disolves more in lower PH and in colder water as well.

As I thought. Come on KK, pour it in, stir it up, let it settle and turn on the doser!

If he's the dude I'm thinking of, his biceps are the size of my head.

Affirmative.

He doesn't notice how often I cop a feel. ;) I disguise it as part of making a point.

OMG I did that to an undercover cop one time! He was telling me not to pass out flyers on the side walk. I argued back, and unknowlingly started feeling up his biceps. I prevaled that time. Heh. I'm terrible.

albertthiel
Affirmative.

He doesn't notice how often I cop a feel. ;) I disguise it as part of making a point.

OMG I did that to an undercover cop one time! He was telling me not to pass out flyers on the side walk. I argued back, and unknowlingly started feeling up his biceps. I prevaled that time. Heh. I'm terrible.

Lucky you indeed KAT .. touching a cop can be "dangerous" ... especially those Kalk cops :=)

Don't breath the white powder! (Calcium hydroxide)

Now you tell me! :wacko:

Hello. :)

Re: Kalk+2 (hopefully allowed to post links from that other forum).

Heyy! Thanks for the link and for stopping by my thread. It gets wild in here sometimes. :huh:

<Jealous of your ability to bend men to your will. I'm up to 3 different people who supposedly do custom acrylic not reply to my e-mails or messages, or vanish off the face of the earth.

I sent you a PM, I'd be happy to bend my custom guy to do your bidding.

Kat's pretty much got it goin' on.

B)

I agree..but you still need more Kalk. What you should do is bring calcium up to atlease 400ppm with chlorides, than use your kalk to maintain it. But you still will need 3 tsp.

Oh, so now chlorides are what I should use eh? Didn't you say not to because it (wait for it, wait for it wait for it)

DROPS THE PH?

NO. Let me repeat so it gets past the cotton in your ears. NO. I am not using anything to get the calcium up. My salt mix does that automatically. :angry:

Say whaaaa...

No wonder Kats always flirting with him. She likes meatheads.

I'm always digging into him, where do you see me getting my flirt on?!

Ha ha ha!!! +1 on that definitely!

:rolleyes:

Chris

What was your calcium, alk and mag before KALK?

As I thought. Come on KK, pour it in, stir it up, let it settle and turn on the doser!

Stop drinking Zephs cool aid.

I might be driving through this week or next week for a job in Jersey... Gotta check the schedule again.

Can you come visit?

Lucky you indeed KAT .. touching a cop can be "dangerous" ... especially those Kalk cops :=)

What's the equivalent to saying a guy is a leg man? I'm definitely a bicep gurl. :lol:

Ah, now all I can picture is an action figure proportioned person holding up a tiny maxima like a chipmunk holding up a nut. I don't like web my perception of reality is changed.

Next time I see Zeph we'll take bicep pictures. He'll do a curl and I'll dangle from it. ;)

My camera colors are still way off, I think it needs to go for repair but! 300 Calcium tank pics:

IMG_20120805_154127.jpg

I have never seen my yellow milliepora this fluffy, the YCG loved to eat all the polyps.

IMG_9706.JPG

Glue didn't hold, pink bird fell on the substrate (didn't break thank goodness) but it's happy on the substrate too

IMG_9700.JPG

King Midas finally starting to multiply

IMG_9714.JPG

Not bad Batgirl, although it's been downgraded since I took your clam. I give it a B+. Get a clam in there and it will be an A-.

You have been given your homework assignment, please do not disappoint me. B)

..oh..i took a few pics at MA but they came out bad from bulb glare. And the new clam isnt opening very well. Most likely because its cold. There system was 80 degrees and my seahorse system is 76F, But I do not see this as a problem. Yet.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks everyone else looks like on N-R. I'm always looking for clues based on what I can see in the backgrounds of tank pics.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks everyone else looks like on N-R. I'm always looking for clues based on what I can see in the backgrounds of tank pics.

For the record I asked Alto to marry me well before I saw a picture of her. I'm only shallow when it comes to boys. -_-

But now that I've seen her. SWOOOOOON THUD!

Can you come visit?

Maybe. I'll check my schedule tomorrow and see what's up. I feel like there's some big expensive job coming up that my boss won't let anyone else work at...

I'll show you how to properly mix kalk while I'm at it. Zeph can hold you and Bogie down in case you get nervous.

Maybe. I'll check my schedule tomorrow and see what's up. I feel like there's some big expensive job coming up that my boss won't let anyone else work at...

I'll show you how to properly mix kalk while I'm at it. Zeph can hold you and Bogie down in case you get nervous.

:wub:

Zeph isn't allowed in my place till he drops down and gives me 250.

jedimasterben

I always do the same thing!

Like Kat, I always figured she was cute, but I never saw anything other than hands in her pics of the tank, and then I got to see one and, as posted before,

68418_o.gif

And this seems to be the most accurate depiction of Zephy:

jjp_beefcake.jpg

:)

Zeph can hold you and Bogie down in case you get nervous.

Not sure who would be holding who. beefcake lol

:lol:

Edited by jedimasterben
:wub:

Zeph doesn't do push ups. He pushes the world down.

And where did alto come from? I don't think we've been properly introduced. :huh: