Coral Vue Hydros

I have a 12H drive to see a friend tomorrow.

anybody know any good reefing podcasts?

Kat did a couple of shows a while back, have you listened to those?

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Is this a 2inch sand bed and if so what brand did you go with?

It's about 2" of Carib sea Fiji pink.

I'm not a fan, I'd like something a little coarser.

Kat did a couple of shows a while back, have you listened to those?

I haven't. where can I find them?

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

How is my honey pie?

If you mean me, I'm doing great. I'm currently in northeast Wyoming. Gonna go to Devils tower today hopefully j can get some awesome pics. And on my way home I have to stop and take pictures in western Montana. It is BEAUTIFUL.

If you mean the Katropora, it's still trucking along.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Beautiful! Always loved elegance. The colors on the body are awesome ! How big is it?

I'm not sure, I haven't seen it in person, I'll get some sort of scale when I get the next FTS.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

I'm not sure, I haven't seen it in person, I'll get some sort of scale when I get the next FTS.

That's right- I keep forgetting your not there?
  • Like 2
TheKleinReef

That's right- I keep forgetting your not there

It appears the elegance is rather large:

16311039593_dc89d464ff_b.jpgfts march 25 2015 by xMrKleinReef, on Flickr

dat slimer, kat, setosa, formosa, and tenuis. man, they are doing very well.

On the other hand, the GSP on the back wall seems to be melting away... and it looks like one of my hurlock colonies lost some tissue and is for whatever reason not where it should be. (the colony front and center was mounted aside the green monti in the back left side of the tank. clam also looks a little PO'd. but I'll have to call and get the details sometime this week.

• Like 8
Sk8n Reefer

Yes , that is a good size- they can send out pretty long stinger tentacles too and be fairly aggressive so watch the placement. Beautiful corals though . Tanks looking great- excellent colors ?

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Yes , that is a good size- they can send out pretty long stinger tentacles too and be fairly aggressive so watch the placement. Beautiful corals though . Tanks looking great- excellent colors ?

Oh i know. I had an elegance before for about 2 years. It didn't take well to the lighting change during the upgrade and slowly began to wither away. You can watch it happen if you go to the first post and look at all the FTSS from startup until now. It's kinda sad :( Hopefully this one does better.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Oh i know. I had an elegance before for about 2 years. It didn't take well to the lighting change during the upgrade and slowly began to wither away. You can watch it happen if you go to the first post and look at all the FTSS from startup until now. It's kinda sad :( Hopefully this one does better.

Cool- Ya I just checked that out- thanks. I know there used to be issues with them not lasting a few years back- I think it was the area most were collected from but I think they are hardier now. Your tank has come a long way and looking great. I really like bubble corals also- yours looks to be doing very good!