Cultivated Reef

So I was marvelling at your last FTS and trying to understand how your pic, with that nice Nikon full format camera, can look so much better than mine. Small aperture, 1000 ISO, 30ms exposure. My pics always come out with too much contrast and lost details. This is in RAW, not JPG. With the light son today I'll try all my lenses to see if it's the kit lens causing the issue or what.

You have any pro tips? :D

So I was marvelling at your last FTS and trying to understand how your pic, with that nice Nikon full format camera, can look so much better than mine. Small aperture, 1000 ISO, 30ms exposure. My pics always come out with too much contrast and lost details. This is in RAW, not JPG. With the light son today I'll try all my lenses to see if it's the kit lens causing the issue or what.

You have any pro tips? :D

well i used a DX 40mm f/2.8 macro lens on my D610. not sure if that has something to do with it.

it was mounted on a tripod as well, with a remote shutter release.

what i noticed helps a lot with pictures is warmer light. I have my camera set to the 10,000K setting, then in Lightroom i slide the temperature dial almost completely to the warmer side. I bring out the shadows, drop the highlights and contrast a tad.

i also don't have any blue LEDs, which i always had trouble shooting under, when i had my radion i turned them way down or even off to take pictures.

double checked my adjustments here's what i changed

Temp: 43000

Tint: -5

Exposure: -0.40

Contrast: 0

Highlights: -38

Shadows: +44

everything else is 0

• Like 1

Thank you!

Too bad the far right pillar collapsed. :( it's supposed to be higher than the middle but the parents won't fix it.

But the growth is looking great! Finally.

Thats why im happy i used mortar for my scape.

Looks great though

• Like 2

Hey , thanks for the nomination - appreciate that. Yours is hard to deny though- beautiful tank and scape? great job!

You're welcome. Your tank is very impressive!

Thank you very much for the comment, I appreciate it!

• Like 1