Innovative Marine Aquariums

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm late to the party. The new lights are amazing. I'm a T5 fan girl. My combo, as suggested by rehype is blue plus, ge 6500k, purple plus, blue plus.

The turf algae on the sunny d frag can be dipped in peroxide for 3 minutes. Do not dose the tank to clean a few spots. Spot treat.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Isn't that zeobak stuff hard to dose since it's really concentrated so if you overdoes it can kill things?

I'm not too sure, I don't read too much into the dosages, I just go off Christine's expertise, as it hasn't let me down... I will be doing 2 drops a week... with Coral Snow :)

I'm late to the party. The new lights are amazing. I'm a T5 fan girl. My combo, as suggested by rehype is blue plus, ge 6500k, purple plus, blue plus.

The turf algae on the sunny d frag can be dipped in peroxide for 3 minutes. Do not dose the tank to clean a few spots. Spot treat.

Yes you are!!! What an amazing form of light... Should've gone T5 from the get go....I can see how that combo can balance out...

I took a super sharp knife I had and gently carved it out, so it should remain gone... all other algae have died off so hopefully this is the last of it... Getting almost ultra low :)

----------

I also stopped by my buddy JoshPorkSandwich's place tonight after work and picked up a few new goodies....

Tyree Space Monster

Candy Apple Red

Emeralds On Fire

He threw in a straggler but not sure what it is yet... I will post pics tomorrow if they look like they're ready for the camera!

SouthFlorida_Tron

So here is the update to the Zeo status of my reef, I am now using the below:

Korallen-Zucht Pohl's Xtra

Korallen-Zucht Sponge Power

Korallen-Zucht Pohl's Coral Vitalizer

Korallen-Zucht Amino Acid LPS

Korallen-Zucht Amino Acid High Concentrate

Korallen-Zucht Coral Booster

Korallen-Zucht Coral Snow

Korallen-Zucht Bio-Mate

Korallen-Zucht ZeoBak Microorganism Solution

Weekly:

Monday:

1ml SP

1 drop CV

1 drop AAHC

1ml CB

Tuesday:

1ml Xtra

Wednesday:

1 ml AALPS

1 drop ZB with 2ml CS

Thursday:

1 drop AAHC

1ml SP

1ml CB

Friday:

1ml Xtra

1 drop BM with 2ml CS

Saturday:

1 drop CV

1ml CB

1ml SP

Sunday:

10% Water Change

1 drop ZB with 2ml CS (Post WC)

Ooooh ok that makes sense it's just on their website it says CAUTION: zeobak is highly concentrated and only 2ml should be used per 25 gallons tops

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ooooh ok that makes sense it's just on their website it says CAUTION: zeobak is highly concentrated and only 2ml should be used per 25 gallons tops

You may have it mixed up with zeo food. Lol.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Up next of they color back up soon... Tyree Space Monster & Candy Apple Red.

Can't wait to see all these grow in together!

Love all those 3. My space monsters grew like weeds then melted all of a sudden so I miss them. The EOF are super bright for a micro zoa, for sure one of my favorites. CARs are lovely too. Have you seen candy apple pinks and candy apple oranges? Ive always wanted a trio of them.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I hope I have luck with mine! I haven't seen the other Candy Apples... I bet they're stunning!.... that would be some trio!.....

Love all those 3. My space monsters grew like weeds then melted all of a sudden so I miss them. The EOF are super bright for a micro zoa, for sure one of my favorites. CARs are lovely too. Have you seen candy apple pinks and candy apple oranges? Ive always wanted a trio of them.

CAP's? I've seen some but IMO none are really like CARs, COA's, and Bowsers....

Hey SFT....

It's been a while since I followed your tank thread and I see you went with T5's? I always thought you were one of the LED gurus, AI and Radions......

I don't have any experience with T5 bulbs, but do you need to replace them annually, like with PC bulbs? If so, it could be a pricey proposition! Having said that, I recently saw a Red Sea Max 100 gallon set-up that had T5 and it really looked good with the crisp white like you have!

SouthFlorida_Tron

CAP's? I've seen some but IMO none are really like CARs, COA's, and Bowsers....

Bowsers coming by the end of the year... but at $75, i can't just go throw this guy money LOL....

But soon!

Hey SFT....

It's been a while since I followed your tank thread and I see you went with T5's? I always thought you were one of the LED gurus, AI and Radions......

I don't have any experience with T5 bulbs, but do you need to replace them annually, like with PC bulbs? If so, it could be a pricey proposition! Having said that, I recently saw a Red Sea Max 100 gallon set-up that had T5 and it really looked good with the crisp white like you have!

Hey bro!!!! welcome back! You have been rather MIA......... When I got back into the hobby, LEDs were the "thing" but after realizing my SPS weren't where I wanted them to be, I switched the the good ole reliable fluorescent tube. For me, 4 24" bulbs @ $80ish isn't the death penalty but hey, thats why were in this hobby, to do what we can do get sick colors!

I'm super happy so far with the color I'm starting to see, just slightly starting... but the growth is even more surprising!!! Ive had explosions of growth!

Archived