Top Shelf Aquatics

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the cad lights site it says that " With the high performance of 9 BridgeLux 3W LED bulbs (27W) and 3 colors, the 34G Mini-II Generates an impressive 575PAR for full capacity of LPS and SPS corals to your desire." Anyone have any comments on this, will it in fact support sps, I don't plan on having much sps just some montipora and easier types like birds nest and pavona

SouthFlorida_Tron

On the cad lights site it says that " With the high performance of 9 BridgeLux 3W LED bulbs (27W) and 3 colors, the 34G Mini-II Generates an impressive 575PAR for full capacity of LPS and SPS corals to your desire." Anyone have any comments on this, will it in fact support sps, I don't plan on having much sps just some montipora and easier types like birds nest and pavona

I'm not sure of the details just yet but for your needs that should do the trick.

jedimasterben

575 PAR where? Above the water line? Underpowered for that size tank.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Understandably so, but for a Monti and a Birds nest? I grew those with PCs.... LOL

Just incase everyone wanted to know what Coral Snow is actually like hehehehehe

:P:ninja:

10916595395_e0442e47d1_o.gif

jedimasterben

Even pocillopora cannot use more than ~350 PAR (higher than almost all acropora, as well), but saying that that light gives 575 PAR and that it's capable of 'full capacity of LPS and SPS corals to your desire' is taking it a bit far. That, or they're relying on their supplier in China for their numbers, which is a bad choice, since I've never seen one that was honest with their numbers.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Nice Photo's! So i ordered another Coral + to get the Purple + out of the equation. Like you said it just leaves an odd color that i don't like. I've experimented with Coral +, Blue +, KZ coral light, Blue + which is a bit too white for me. One Blue +:Coral + is basically the best combo i've found so far.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Nice Photo's! So i ordered another Coral + to get the Purple + out of the equation. Like you said it just leaves an odd color that i don't like. I've experimented with Coral +, Blue +, KZ coral light, Blue + which is a bit too white for me. One Blue +:Coral + is basically the best combo i've found so far.

Im happy with the 2 C+ 2 B+ for now, but in 8 months Ill be trying 3 Blues and a C+.

Picked up my Fiji Pink today btw, you won't be sorry. It's very cool. B)

Nice! Ive pretty much made up my mind then. Ill try this one out. Looking forward to it! The new CADs are expected to ship the first week of December, hopefully the expected arrival to their warehouse is on point!!!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Are the Fiji's different than the ATI Purple +?

They have a bit more red in the spectrum than the P+. A lot of people like them, but I assume its just about the same to most of us...

1. What is the stylophora like, how hard to care for

2. How long have you had this tank

3. What camera are you using

4. What all do you have in there for fish other than clowns

5. and wow... Just wow, I envy your tank so much

Understandably so, but for a Monti and a Birds nest? I grew those with PCs.... LOL

Just incase everyone wanted to know what Coral Snow is actually like hehehehehe

:P:ninja:

10916595395_e0442e47d1_o.gif

That is too cool tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

1. What is the stylophora like, how hard to care for

2. How long have you had this tank

3. What camera are you using

4. What all do you have in there for fish other than clowns

5. and wow... Just wow, I envy your tank so much

1. Like other Acropora I suppose... But grows slower due to its bulky branches...for thick grower...

2. Tank has been running since December 2011, but system was started March of 2010.

3. Samsung Galaxy S4!

4. Just the 2 Clowns, and the Yasha Goby & Pistol Shrimp Pair

5. Well I'm happy you enjoy this build as I intend to make the new CAD tank even more eye catching, well I hope!

I like the coral snow video man. Pretty cool. However, I never found the coral snow that useful. :(

That is too cool tron

Haha, Thanks guys!

@Ark, I am noticing a lot of coral polyp response post feeding so I know its doing something, but I am also using it as a binder of BioMate and ZeoBak as corals consume the snow, hence consuming the BM & ZB... as per Zeovit PDFs...

@Ark, I am noticing a lot of coral polyp response post feeding so I know its doing something, but I am also using it as a binder of BioMate and ZeoBak as corals consume the snow, hence consuming the BM & ZB... as per Zeovit PDFs...

Corals do not consume KZ coral snow. It is a clay-based product that "soaks" up things from the water line. It is said to be good for water clarity and to help get rid of cyno.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Corals do not consume KZ coral snow. It is a clay-based product that "soaks" up things from the water line. It is said to be good for water clarity and to help get rid of cyno.

My mistake, must have read the wrong label somewhere!

Small correction, corals do consume coral snow but it passes through the coral like fibre does with us. What remains with the coral is what it has absorbed or what is was mixed with before dosing. This makes it a good "facilitator" for bacteria and some elements.

Small correction, corals do consume coral snow but it passes through the coral like fibre does with us. What remains with the coral is what it has absorbed or what is was mixed with before dosing. This makes it a good "facilitator" for bacteria and some elements.

Ah, I see. I have always read that it is not a food so I assumed it was not consumed or absorbed in any way. Interesting to know.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I love using coral snow, everyday I give 1/3rd of the recommended dosage and in an hour or so it clears up and the water clarity is through the roof. I think for that reason alone is worth the product!

Archived