Top Shelf Aquatics

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

So what are the tweaks to the pls 50 skimmer? That is pretty wicked awesome that you get a tank from them! B)

What do you mean by tweaks? I just set the level to a very high setting so it allows me more control over the bubble level. CAD just let me know, that they found by actually removing the o-ring on the bottom plate it will increase the seal by sitting more flush apparently. I will experiment with this next time it gets a vinegar bath!

Yes, its crazy, I'm so excited and still in shock!

I love using coral snow, everyday I give 1/3rd of the recommended dosage and in an hour or so it clears up and the water clarity is through the roof. I think for that reason alone is worth the product!

I concur doctor!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the cad lights site it says that " With the high performance of 9 BridgeLux 3W LED bulbs (27W) and 3 colors, the 34G Mini-II Generates an impressive 575PAR for full capacity of LPS and SPS corals to your desire." Anyone have any comments on this, will it in fact support sps, I don't plan on having much sps just some montipora and easier types like birds nest and pavona

Lol 9 knockoff leds aren't going to do much lol

575 PAR where? Above the water line? Underpowered for that size tank.

Soooo true

SouthFlorida_Tron

Any updates on the cad lights,

Not yet! I will be sending over a pm on Monday.

Looking good Tron. Glad to see another tank getting old like mine!

-Dave

Thanks Dave! Not for long, everything will be transferred over to a sparkling new, freshly designed 34G CAD Lights.

I'm even more excited to watch this one progress, same thread? Ps illuix was talking smack about cad lights psh who does he think he is... Lol jk

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm even more excited to watch this one progress, same thread? Ps illuix was talking smack about cad lights psh who does he think he is... Lol jk

Haha... I'm having the highest of expectations for their new line of tanks... We shall see! I'm excited too and will be starting a new thread.

Man they do have some nice tanks that include sumps. Reef savvy is just about sold, might just have Chris @pico make me the same size tank 30x20x16 but do a sump this time around. I really like my current dimensions.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Cleaning day!!!

Overdue MP10... Explains the "Stall" Error!

Nice tron, see you've got yourself a new Caddy. :)

I sure do! I'm very excited to get the new glass! I'm even more excited to have a substantially larger display area! Will be fun!

That's some delicious looking vinegar soup there. ;)

Do you have a favourite bulb colour you like to take your photos under or do you leave them all on as per usual? I'm contemplating setting up a ghetto t5 fixture just for photos, the softer light looks great.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I just shoot under the 2 Blue+ 2 Coral+... I think it gives the best focus for my phone... The blue still teases the galaxy camera.

On another note, found my Yasha next to my tank... not in it!

I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH HERBIVORES AND BLENNIES, & GOBIES! DAMN JUMPERS!

I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH HERBIVORES AND BLENNIES, & GOBIES! DAMN JUMPERS!

I hear that. I always wanted a Blue Spotted Watchman, so I finally bought one and he jumped after 1 week. Sorry to hear about your Blennie.

Sorry about the jumper, do you have a cover of some kind, I know they look crappy but it's always life saving.

PM me with a report on your tank please. ;)

digedgeReef20

Yes, that damn BRS screen top, but it doesn't work for small fish like gobies or blennies...

What size screen mesh did you get? My new clowns are skittish and one jumped this morning, good thing i was there to throw him back in. I was thinking about buying the mesh screen from BRS and get the rest from home depot.

Thanks

So since I've been here last you've:

Posted more pics

Learned more about your T5s

Cleaned your equipment

GOT A FREE ####ING TANK FROM CAD (wipe the skimmate off your nose please) :lol:

Had a fish jump (that sucks)

And listened to all of us tell you that you suck for getting free stuff

But I still like you so there's that.

I have a turtle up at my cottage with less algae growing on him and my family has been seeing this turtle for 75 years, it has spikes on its tail...that's gnarley compared to the turtlepost-79083-0-21137000-1385777912_thumb.jpg

Archived