Pod Your Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

I have a turtle up at my cottage with less algae growing on him and my family has been seeing this turtle for 75 years, it has spikes on its tail...that's gnarley compared to the turtle image.jpg

That's awesome, a sea turtle?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah its a snapping turtle, this one is about a foot across there was a bigger one but we haven't seen him for a few years we assume he's dead or got turtle Alzheimer's and got lost. He used to wedge in between the big motor and trolling motor while we fished. Thus thing looked like a dinosaur, with spikes on its tail, gosh he was coooooool. And lol to chad i wish I had a cottage by the sea, I'm talking about up north in Ontario Canada, its 8 hours from me but worth every second, I don't want to high jack trons thread but if you wanna see picks just pm it's gorgeous up there

Edit: btw I live in Canada so yeah... No tropical waters here. But we have the rocks snow and trees lol jk.

Hey guys, lfs has a diamond goby, will it pair with my Pistol Shrimp?

Not likely bra. I think the orange spot diamond gobies are sleep gobies, not shrimp gobies.

DO NOT GET TRUE SAND SIFTING GOBIES!!!

Most get 5+ inches long with the exception of one rare species, they will destroy the microfauna in the sandbed, may starve and not take prepared, and can cause sandstorms and cover corals with sand....

DO NOT GET TRUE SAND SIFTING GOBIES!!!

Most get 5+ inches long with the exception of one rare species, they will destroy the microfauna in the sandbed, may starve and not take prepared, and can cause sandstorms and cover corals with sand....

my diamond use to eat pellets tho. it was with me almost 8 months before i sold him.

So are you going to keep this thread running to still cover the current tank and have a new one for the cad lights. Or what are the plans for this tank

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm sorry about the Yasha. He was adorable. But that pistol will be lost without a goby to dig for.

Ya, it sucks... but I think I will be ordering from live aquaria another Yasha, and a Hi Fin Goby to go with him and pair with the shrimp! and when the BRS net comes for the new tank, Ill double down to fill the gaps... Thoughts?

So are you going to keep this thread running to still cover the current tank and have a new one for the cad lights. Or what are the plans for this tank

Once the new tank comes, Ill be starting a new thread... For now, I'm still on the Pico so this will be the thread for the time being!

Ya, it sucks... but I think I will be ordering from live aquaria another Yasha, and a Hi Fin Goby to go with him and pair with the shrimp! and when the BRS net comes for the new tank, Ill double down to fill the gaps... Thoughts?

Once the new tank comes, Ill be starting a new thread... For now, I'm still on the Pico so this will be the thread for the time being!

That'd be cool, another option is to get a small Aurora shrimp goby, they get up to 3-4 inches, bright pink stripes, said to be very peaceful and is one of the species that may share burrows/shrimps without fighting with the other inhabitants.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sorry to hear about the goby man :(

Thanks bro! All good, I'll just have to go back to triple duty layered netting! Oppurtunity to invest in 2 more gobies, I thought Id never go back but they're so damn entertaining! This time Im getting 2 different gobies, hopefully they share the burrow!

!

it can work, I have no reason to believe 2 hi fins will not get along in the same burrow with the pistol. Getting them to the shrimp and together will be the challenge.

I know so many hobbyists say their pistol and goby found each other in about a minute. I must have some idiots because they both routinely loose their pistols and then get all sad looking.

It has been a week and my Yasha lost his pistol somewhere in the caverns Then today! Boom. Luger is digging for him and Charlie is wagging his tail all happy.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sounds so cool, gosh i want a tank. I can't wait to see the cad tank, do you have an eta yet?

Yup, was just told the tanks are shipping out late this week, so hopefully it comes in the next week or so, not sure how their shipping methods are so I know I'll have an early Christmas gift for sure!

tron! i finally got my coral growth spurt! haha everything seems to have new tips growing and my ca is dropping 15ppm per day. :o

Yup! welcome to my life when I switched to T5! LOL.... Finally got it caught up... had to switch to the gallon size ESV 2 part... much more efficient!

it can work, I have no reason to believe 2 hi fins will not get along in the same burrow with the pistol. Getting them to the shrimp and together will be the challenge.

I know so many hobbyists say their pistol and goby found each other in about a minute. I must have some idiots because they both routinely loose their pistols and then get all sad looking.

It has been a week and my Yasha lost his pistol somewhere in the caverns Then today! Boom. Luger is digging for him and Charlie is wagging his tail all happy.

Well, not two Hi Fins, but a Yasha, and a Hi Fin... Them two with the Pistol... Should be fine!?

You're getting 2?! How exciting.

Are you going to transfer anything?

Very! My wife mentioned today she doesn't know what to get me but showed her my Amazon Wish List with a reefbrite on it or a gift card to order a few fish from live aquaria. So either way, win win!

Yes, it will be a direct transfer but Im using new sand, different sand... Going from Special Grade, to Fiji Pink... better compromise between super size granules, and not sooooo fine fine sugar... bit of both lol!

Just heard from CAD, the tank should ship later this week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's project, operation re mount brackets and wall painting! White walls are like over ten years old, it was time... So we found a stunning grey thats quite sexy with our decor!

Old Mounts & New Mounts!

11181223533_672435fd4e_c.jpg
Let the speckling begin!
11181046975_fdd2a7a256_c.jpg
11181085946_88919af9e8_c.jpg
11181112644_76e7043577_c.jpg
Still wet but looking good!
11181082086_e55ba1e072_c.jpg
No more bent brackets or Bowing; I'm still missing my Cord Hider, so that ATI wire will be gone... I also painted the mounted section of the bracket to match the wall :):ninja:
SouthFlorida_Tron

Correct!

Pico 25x15.5x14 w/ 25x5.5 sump

CAD 30x16x16 w/ 30x3.5 sump

=

A lot more display space for TR0N!

Archived