Pod Your Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

You took into account the height of the new tank when mounting the light to the wall again?

Sure did, should measure out to 8" from water to T5!

Lots more space = more euphylia growth ;) ;) ;)

Counting on it!

Nice job on the renovation, looks first class :)

I'm happy that someone with such expertise on the topic approves of my work! Once I get into handyman mode, I'm beast mode :)

Cool figured you did.... Time to get a controller on that new tank ;) finally bit the bullet and ordered a apex

Have your wife give you $$ for an Apex for Xmas!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hahaha... Not quite sure if I'm ready for all that extra wiring and programming but there are still priorities before I get into controllers

I have a question about the coral snow, can you use it without any of the other zeo additives? Have you noticed any positive effects from continued use?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Watch the first part of the video. You know you want it

Heh, Don't get me wrong, if I had $600 lying around, I would jump on the wagon, but Im in no hurry, as every part of my tank is already automated and the Apex (which is what I would go for) would complicate my wiring and add plugs(lack of space as it is)

Having said that, maybe that could be a goal for me in reefing in 2014. Controllers. :rolleyes:

I have a question about the coral snow, can you use it without any of the other zeo additives? Have you noticed any positive effects from continued use?

Ofcourse you can use it on its own, it has better effects with other additives though, and as with all the KZ products, they accel and do best under "IDEAL" conditions... even the directions specify certain things like lighting, parameters, nutrients, flow, temp, etc...

I'm pretty certain albeit only a few weeks with it, my corals are responding to the supplements with more intensity. I have no seen growth signs in 2 frags that have been dormant for months now!

Check with NanoTopia regarding specific uses. I love it since adding it to my routine.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Your clowns are gonna love more space!

So will my coral. My frogspawn is outgrowing the corner and my acro keeps reaching towards the glass!

SouthFlorida_Tron

So in this new 34g CAD, can I get away with my 2 clowns, adding 2 gobies for the pistol shrimp, AND a 6 line wrasse, or would removing one of the clowns to stay at 4 fish be better?

I want to definitely do 2 gobies this time around, and I feel a wrasse flashing around would bring life to the reef.

Thoughts?

That will be fine, don't do a 6line bro, they are nice when they are small and there colors are awesome but when they get larger like mine is now they are assholes. I'd do your clowns and two gobys and a Midas for that touch of flash color and they are active.

Frag zem

this :P

i'll take some if you ever do frag :)

i'm excited for your new tank tron! as for fish, if you want a wrasse, why not a tanaka's pygmy wrasse/ banded wrasse. super cool looking, and rather passive.

SouthFlorida_Tron

That will be fine, don't do a 6line bro, they are nice when they are small and there colors are awesome but when they get larger like mine is now they are assholes. I'd do your clowns and two gobys and a Midas for that touch of flash color and they are active.

As much as a miss the Midas Blenny I want to try something new... and I have heard mixed thoughts on the gobies, will a Yasha & Hi-Fin get along, or 2 Hi-Fin Gobies...?

this :P

i'll take some if you ever do frag :)

i'm excited for your new tank tron! as for fish, if you want a wrasse, why not a tanaka's pygmy wrasse/ banded wrasse. super cool looking, and rather passive.

Ya, he does look very cool. Man, there are soooo many different wrasses to choose from!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Possum wrasse. They are super cute.

Funny, basically a darker version of the Tanaka Pygmy Wrasse.... This will be very difficult...

SouthFlorida_Tron

So I heard from CAD, the tank is on its way and is set to arrive Monday, however I'm not prepared at all, still don't even have new sand, and for some reason, am not in any hurry...

I did however decide on two of these guys as new additions while I still hunt down what other fish I want to add...

Stonogobiopsxanthorhinica.jpg

Archived