SaltCritters.com

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

mmm T5, my next tank is gonna be this. Thanks for your photography help! I have sold my tank and put it all towards my new hobby part time profession. When im not irradiating tumors.

Ya so far its just wow. The light looks like... different, but beautiful... Its funny how much brighter it appears to the eye just because of how different it is from LED, my entire house is filled with the glow bouncing from the tile in front of the tank...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man. All of you guys with T5s and seeing those larger scaled tanks run t5s makes me want t5s too. Someone go find me an 18" ATI fixture. Or I can be awkward and have 3" of bulbs having off each side of my tank.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hubbity hubbity HUBBITY!

Thats what I say every time I see the tubes over the water, then I see the coral through the tube reflection and go Giggity Giggity GOOOOOO!!!!

Oh man. All of you guys with T5s and seeing those larger scaled tanks run t5s makes me want t5s too. Someone go find me an 18" ATI fixture. Or I can be awkward and have 3" of bulbs having off each side of my tank.

Well, its been everything I thought and more so far… LEDs are great, convenient, small, low power, low heat, easy to mount, etc etc etc… did great for growth and I had great color for the most part, but I am impulsive and hard to please and wanted more, and so far, Im already seeing change in tissues, like this metallic shine popping through… so hopefully there is more to come… May just have to go out and upgrade!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Very nice!

Thanks Ark. Its obviously not that Blue lol.. stupid phone… its funny, the Blue+ only compares to LEDs Blue and Royal Blue look, like that cyanish type color… pretty neat! Im happy with the light, so different but more impressive in output… hard to explain… How goes the tank?

Thanks Ark. Its obviously not that Blue lol.. stupid phone… its funny, the Blue+ only compares to LEDs Blue and Royal Blue look, like that cyanish type color… pretty neat! Im happy with the light, so different but more impressive in output… hard to explain… How goes the tank?

Ya, I always liked the Blue+ bulbs when I was using T5s. What purple bulb are you using? The KZ purple?

My tank is doing alright. I was gone for a few days doing wedding planning stuff but nothing bad happened thankfully. I did wake up today to my Potters Wrasse being eaten by hermits and nass snails though. Not sure why he kicked it but it is what it is. Corals are doing well though. Not much growth as I think they are still acclimating to the GFO/Biopellets but their colors are holding well.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ya, I always liked the Blue+ bulbs when I was using T5s. What purple bulb are you using? The KZ purple?

My tank is doing alright. I was gone for a few days doing wedding planning stuff but nothing bad happened thankfully. I did wake up today to my Potters Wrasse being eaten by hermits and nass snails though. Not sure why he kicked it but it is what it is. Corals are doing well though. Not much growth as I think they are still acclimating to the GFO/Biopellets but their colors are holding well.

The ever elusive color & growth balance... Sucks about the fish, same happened to my Tailspot...

Purple+ but I think I'll be swapping it for a second coral+

Well, its been everything I thought and more so far… LEDs are great, convenient, small, low power, low heat, easy to mount, etc etc etc… did great for growth and I had great color for the most part, but I am impulsive and hard to please and wanted more, and so far, Im already seeing change in tissues, like this metallic shine popping through… so hopefully there is more to come… May just have to go out and upgrade!

I'd like to try and do both. Like a bulb of coral + on one side, my Kessil in the middle, and another coral + on the other side. Sounds like sex to me, but I'm not sure how to implement that idea lol.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Shweet!

I'm in love...

Looking great. The SunPower is such a great fixture. Plus T5 photos are so much easier ;)

-Dave

Bro, as patient as I wish I could've been to possibly come up with a break through T5 retro design to mass market eventually for Radions I caught a deal and switched lighting... I think you could tell from our convos it was imminent...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Beautiful reef, your Frogspawn is amazing.

Thanks 4x5, it is one of my original frags, only had 3 heads! Hoping to see more growth! Love the color and movement it adds to the reef.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey guys, so I've been running 10 hours of blues with 6 all bulbs... All looks great... Should I maintain this for now or bump to 10 & 8?

Hey guys, so I've been running 10 hours of blues with 6 all bulbs... All looks great... Should I maintain this for now or bump to 10 & 8?

How long have you been running the 10 and 6? A couple weeks?

I'd go to 10 and 8, just extend it 15 mins every couple days.

SouthFlorida_Tron

What is the photoperiod for T5 total... 10 hours? Or can I do 12 hours with extended 2 Blue+ only... So noon Blue+, then say 2pm other 2 bulbs until 10, then midnight blues off....

Archived