ReefCleaners.org

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

So far, initially, the frogspawn was my biggest concern as it glowed under LEDs, is a lot more fluorescent than I expected!

First 30 minutes under T5, Blue+ only.

10347778926_c7a3f645d1_c.jpg
ATI Blue+ by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Now with all 4 bulbs...

Sexy Sexyyyy!
SouthFlorida_Tron

K, another day at work, and still not able to enjoy any of the new lighting but!!!! nothing is white and all seems well! phew....One more long day at work then Sunday will be tank staring day! :)

Hey man love the simplicity of your tank, and i love your placement of everything. Whats your work schedule like, maybe change your lights to come on later in the day so when you come home you can enjoy your tank a little more?

p.s. im jealous of your your yasha and shrimp. i never see my yasha and my shrimp barely comes out at night.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Congrats on the new fixture tron.

Thank you sir. Very nice design and style, cant wait to see the colors tomorrow! Off to work I go...

Hey man love the simplicity of your tank, and i love your placement of everything. Whats your work schedule like, maybe change your lights to come on later in the day so when you come home you can enjoy your tank a little more?

p.s. im jealous of your your yasha and shrimp. i never see my yasha and my shrimp barely comes out at night.

Thanks for the kind words... I have a mixed schedule but I prefer to keep the lighting similar to daylight hours, living on the beach gives strong lighting through the balcony and the tank gets plenty of sunlight, so I try to balance to not give too much light...

They are an interesting to watch pair, very friendly sometimes!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks awesome! The light looks huge compared to what was there before. Making me wish I had a 24" tank!

It does look monstrous and the light it puts out is sooooo much more full than the LED. Its incredible. Looking forward to seeing changes in the tanks growth and color!

You'll love those t5s. I don't care who can justify LEDs being just as good. But t5 is just on a whole different level.

Pop? The royal blue Leds are what pops the colors

Then I wouldn't have switched :P I'm sure there's a combo that'll give me great color without adding LEDs. I'll have to find one though.

It does look monstrous and the light it puts out is sooooo much more full than the LED. Its incredible. Looking forward to seeing changes in the tanks growth and color!
Happy to see you got your light. I am 150% happy with mine. I am up to 67% on my 2 blue+ for 10 hours and my other 4 bulbs are on for 8 hours at 60%. Slowly miving up a percent everyday. Corals are responding very well. I am dosing coral amino to help with the light acclimation as well.
SouthFlorida_Tron

Loven them T5's!

Me too!

You'll love those t5s. I don't care who can justify LEDs being just as good. But t5 is just on a whole different level.

Then I wouldn't have switched :P I'm sure there's a combo that'll give me great color without adding LEDs. I'll have to find one though.

Actinic Plus but not as bright... ?

Happy to see you got your light. I am 150% happy with mine. I am up to 67% on my 2 blue+ for 10 hours and my other 4 bulbs are on for 8 hours at 60%. Slowly miving up a percent everyday. Corals are responding very well. I am dosing coral amino to help with the light acclimation as well.

So far Im having great results, all my corals are responding well and showing no negative signs except the zoa colony on the far right side which was probably used to lower PAR...

Im anxious to extend atleast the Blue photoperiod to 10 hours as I'm not used to only 8 hours of light. LOL.

I am happy with the light but the daylight color is as most were going to describe, cool white with red undertone... so I may rethink the bulb selection.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I run 100% from 1230-730 (1200-1230 ramp and 730-800 ramp)

Coral and Purple Plus are 130-630.

The god of war are no longer doing the umbrella thing, and my stylophora and valida both show great extension.

I run 100% from 1230-730 (1200-1230 ramp and 730-800 ramp)

Coral and Purple Plus are 130-630.

The god of war are no longer doing the umbrella thing, and my stylophora and valida both show great extension.

Yeah my zoas did that umbrella thing the first day to. Then the next day they were stretching. BTA was miving and hiding the first few days but now they are fine.

The GoW have been doing the umbrella thing for weeks, just now with T5 it is going away!

My Seductions are doing it too, now with the new build I am doing i think the LEDs will take care of that low par issue in my biocube.

SouthFlorida_Tron

My Seductions are doing it too, now with the new build I am doing i think the LEDs will take care of that low par issue in my biocube.

Im dying to extend the photoperiod... this is killing me! Soon though... I am noticing Calcium being depleted faster than ever... Its been dosed at 10ml for months, now all of a sudden under T5, Alk has stopped being used and its Ca being used up!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Moar:

10410612024_fa918a8e23_c.jpg
Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

10410616836_ccc1fdd7dd_c.jpg
T5 Tubes by J.L Photography, on Flickr
These look very happy
10410623606_73bd346457_c.jpg
Sunny Ds by J.L Photography, on Flickr

10410616734_0e6c8b8480_c.jpg
GoW by J.L Photography, on Flickr
Not stretching anymore

10410619944_bf291da431_c.jpg
Rastas by J.L Photography, on Flickr

10410631746_a20eb87396_c.jpg
Valida by J.L Photography, on Flickr
Quicky til November 1st...

mmm T5, my next tank is gonna be this. Thanks for your photography help! I have sold my tank and put it all towards my new hobby part time profession. When im not irradiating tumors.

Archived