Top Shelf Aquatics

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow, someway, tissue of where an old frag of Orange Digi was place, and was partially bleached from being covered by the monti cap, has come back from the ashes!

One explanation.... KZ, Zeo... HAS TO BE!...

10029873235_10a5cbfb47_c.jpg

Mine is coming back on a top rock as well. Bleached completely white, looked like a dead skeleton. I broke it off and moved to my 46 months ago, last month is suddenly turned orange and stunned me, I though it was a dead stick, then the encrusted area left in the 40 came back. My kind of coral. :D

Tank looks great, thanks for the update. I need to better manage my notifications, too many setup on fast moving threads mean some of my favorites get buried.

SouthFlorida_Tron

IWC? :wub:

Amino acids always produce a feeding response. Within a few minutes. In the pappone method, this is when you feed the corals to get max absorption and growth will be the result.

Yup, love it more than the Panerai, it's more casual...

I dont see an instant response per say... but the effects are visibly noticeable over time...

Mine is coming back on a top rock as well. Bleached completely white, looked like a dead skeleton. I broke it off and moved to my 46 months ago, last month is suddenly turned orange and stunned me, I though it was a dead stick, then the encrusted area left in the 40 came back. My kind of coral. :D

Tank looks great, thanks for the update. I need to better manage my notifications, too many setup on fast moving threads mean some of my favorites get buried.

Thanks, I get that from time to time... And the Digi is making its way back but so is the Cap. There was tissue encrusted on the back wall that is stubborn and will continue to show red/orange, and polyps, so I continuously scrape it off but it grows back again... very annoying!

Lol montis are a pita to get rid of.

Tell me about it. the dormant pieces on liverock under coral are ok, they arent going anywhere, the one on the back wall is pissing me off.... :rant::rant::rant:

Yup, love it more than the Panerai, it's more casual...

Panerai looks too close to a Baume & Mercier to me. I like the Ulysse Nardin a lot. And for a dressy watch, I like the Rolex submariner all black and the Breitling Crosswind. Very heavy watch though.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Panerai looks too close to a Baume & Mercier to me. I like the Ulysse Nardin a lot. And for a dressy watch, I like the Rolex submariner all black and the Breitling Crosswind. Very heavy watch though.

The thing about Rollie's and Breitlings, just like even Hublot down here in South FL, there are so many Brazilians and Russians who live here that they wear them like undershirts... kind of disappointing.

The thing about Rollie's and Breitlings, just like even Hublot down here in South FL, there are so many Brazilians and Russians who live here that they wear them like undershirts... kind of disappointing.

You nailed it. Cartier gal over here, the sleek and small profile of their watches are more me. Except roadster. too big for my wrist but I'll happily wear a Pasha and I do.

jedimasterben

I dont see an instant response per say... but the effects are visibly noticeable over time...

Not really how amino acid supplements work. Corals absorb very, very few amino acids from the water (instead synthesizing them), and some may not absorb any, but there are a few (notably glycine, glutamine, aspartine, and proline) trigger a feeding response, aka polyp extension. Amino acids are nitrogenous and are snatched up promptly by a protein skimmer, which is why you should not run your protein skimmer for several hours after using any amino acid supplements (and feed the corals a couple of hours after the amino acid supplement).

SouthFlorida_Tron

Have pods?

I have no idea how to calculate the size of my tanks pod population.

Not really how amino acid supplements work. Corals absorb very, very few amino acids from the water (instead synthesizing them), and some may not absorb any, but there are a few (notably glycine, glutamine, aspartine, and proline) trigger a feeding response, aka polyp extension. Amino acids are nitrogenous and are snatched up promptly by a protein skimmer, which is why you should not run your protein skimmer for several hours after using any amino acid supplements (and feed the corals a couple of hours after the amino acid supplement).

My skimmer gets a 2 hour shut down for all zeo Dosing

jedimasterben

My skimmer gets a 2 hour shut down for all zeo Dosing

HOLY SHIT! YOU NEED A MEDAL! Almost no one understands the necessity of this when dosing or feeding anything! :D

In your nano it may be an issue unless you can get him eating frozen...... Mine just love PE Myisis.

Hey I turn the skimmer off as well. :P

I turn off my skimmer when I dose as well Ben, usually 1 hour does the trick but sometimes I leave it off for 3 hours, depends if I am home. My skimmer is a bit over rated for the tank so I can turn it off for hours if I want.

If you can visibly see pods then the Fish will have food to eat while you train him on frozen. You could try to boost your pod population by purchasing live pods and seeding the tank or starting a culture.

Scooters have the same needs as mandarins. Best bet would be to get a fish that you can see is eating for yourself, don't take the LFS word for it.

Any way you look at it if you don't get him eating frozen at some point without a SUMP your tank will be picked clean in a few weeks to a month.

Try to see if they will eat live brine in the LFS from there it's easy.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Oh I learned that much from my ORA "Trained" Mandarin episode.... f;ing sham....

My buddy who works there said theyre eating the frozen cyclopeeze, unfortunately they didn't eat any of it yesterday... As far as the scooter blenny goes, looks like the search will continue... No more finicky eaters for me for now...

Had to share:

10158907016_a91c4fef8e_o.gif

Somehow, someway, tissue of where an old frag of Orange Digi was place, and was partially bleached from being covered by the monti cap, has come back from the ashes!

One explanation.... KZ, Zeo... HAS TO BE!...

This happens to me all the time. I got small patches of corals all over and I didn't put then there. I'm looking forward to the T5s. I need a reason to switch. Been thinking about it for a while.

10029873235_10a5cbfb47_c.jpg

Digi is Back -- 9-30-13 by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Archived