• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

Looking good! B)

Thanks mx!

Dat euphylia doh

That one is my favourite i want one like that

It had grown by leaps and bounds! Thanks for the kind words.

Try running the purple next to the coral+ bulb.

Then I'll have to do a blue plus and purple plus dawn dusk... How would this appear?

What are the advantages?

Color blending.

Then I'll have to do a blue plus and purple plus dawn dusk... How would this appear?

Not good IMO, I tried it. Looks like an amusement park. :D

i'm currently running your bulb combo in my fixture and its not too bad. I can balance things out with my Leds though.

I'm keep going back and forth between the purple + and using a KZ coral light (basically a ATI AB spec) bulb i picked up a week ago. I may pick up another coral + bulb so i would be running

Blue +

Coral +

LEDS

Coral +

Blue +

SouthFlorida_Tron

I suspect if my corals don't regain colors after 2 or 3 months I'll be ordering the KZ blue to add with the other two blue+ and go 1 coral+... Go for a deeper look

jedimasterben

I suspect if my corals don't regain colors after 2 or 3 months I'll be ordering the KZ blue to add with the other two blue+ and go 1 coral+... Go for a deeper look

What colors are you trying to 'regain'? If they aren't fluorescent colors, then they won't show up by removing green and red and adding blue.

What colors are you trying to 'regain'? If they aren't fluorescent colors, then they won't show up by removing green and red and adding blue.

+1

Not to your likely I suppose, I forgot your slots are diff. than my 6bulb fixture. BTW, I don't find the purple+ over powering at all, as you may know I run the same combo for about 3hrs on mines.

Try my bulb order, front to back... Coral, blue, purple, blue

Right now you are blue, purple, blue, coral right? You could also try swapping the purple and coral around to make it blue, coral, blue, purple.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I just think it may be the size of my display, the light can't blend properly maybe Im not sure, I mean, its not awful, just being picky... I'm excited to try the 2 Coral+...

Im fond of 3 blue+ and 1 purple +

Just a tad too blue for me.

If Plan A falls through, Plan B will be 2 Blue+, Coral+, and a KZ Super Blue

fingerscrossed

Right now you are blue, purple, blue, coral right? You could also try swapping the purple and coral around to make it blue, coral, blue, purple.

Channel 1 is the front bulb and 3rd bulb... so couldn't do that on mine...

Channel 1 is the front bulb and 3rd bulb... so couldn't do that on mine...

Why not?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Why not?

Oh I see... so put the Coral+ in the 2nd slot instead of the last spot... I see....Ill swap it out tonight once it cools down... See what it looks like friday afternoon, Ill be gone all day tomorrow....

When I change bulbs or swap, do I need to really unplug and unmount the fixture or can I just make sure they're cool then swap the bulb?

jedimasterben

I just think it may be the size of my display, the light can't blend properly maybe Im not sure, I mean, its not awful, just being picky... I'm excited to try the 2 Coral+...

I thought you wanted it to be more blue looking? If so, the Coral Plus is going to be much whiter than the Purple Plus.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I thought you wanted it to be more blue looking? If so, the Coral Plus is going to be much whiter than the Purple Plus.

Well, whatever, anything but this red tone the tank has lol.

It's fun, a little trial and error...!

I expect the coral+ to be just that. White, not blue not red.

I have noticed a ton of growth and color in my zoas and palys. My BTA's morphed into a crazy red rainbow. My LPS is popping with crazy colors as well. Glad to hear you are having great luck with it. I am on a 10 and 8 hour cycle now.

Well, whatever, anything but this red tone the tank has lol.

It's fun, a little trial and error...!

I expect the coral+ to be just that. White, not blue not red.

Yeah the coral + will give you more white. I run 4 blue + 1 ATI coral and 1 KZ fiji.
SouthFlorida_Tron

Is ten hours the consensus? I would like to run my blues for an extended ramp and do 12 hours.. Then four bulbs for 8 hours... But say the 4 bulbs are 2-10pm, I would do blues from noon to midnight with a 1-1/2 hr ramp...

Thoughts?

I'm also surprised and impressed with how much pop I still see in my frogspawn and Zoas. Did not expect it.

Is ten hours the consensus? I would like to run my blues for an extended ramp and do 12 hours.. Then four bulbs for 8 hours... But say the 4 bulbs are 2-10pm, I would do blues from noon to midnight with a 1-1/2 hr ramp...

Thoughts?

I'm also surprised and impressed with how much pop I still see in my frogspawn and Zoas. Did not expect it.

From what I have read most do 10/8. I don't see a problem with 2 extra hours if the slowly ramp up 1 hr then down the last hour. With only my Blue+ on my zoas really pop.
SouthFlorida_Tron

Yeah the coral + will give you more white. I run 4 blue + 1 ATI coral and 1 KZ fiji.

Oh that's why, I'm only running 2 blues. I've heard it's a huge difference.

SouthFlorida_Tron

When I first set this selection up, people on RC warned me about a 4 bulb combo with C+ & P+... I now see what they refer to... better for a 6 bulb combo... But am confident I will enjoy the 2 B+ 2 C+ combo...

But man I cannot get over the pop I get without T5... & I can now take pictures under Blues!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

& by the way, this is like the only algae annoying me at the moment.... how can i get rid of those 2 little patches in this photo

Archived