Top Shelf Aquatics

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Brotha you are doing WONDERFUL.

I want a sig like yours bro.

Oh, for that, ya, I totally forgot how to do it, but it consisted of using a dslr, and a macro lens, recording a short video of whatever.... then using photoshop I think to edit the clip to basically a 1 second gif with added text etc...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks far better with all the bulbs.

The first shot was actually taken under Radion lighting. Looking forward to another 6 week follow up under all bulbs however...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Are you happy with T5 so far?

Would you ever go back to LED?

Im very pleased... Maybe its the fixture with the controller and such but the softness and spread of the colors is impeccable. If I were to setup a simple reef with simple coral or fish only, LEDs would make more sense due to the smaller footprint and maintenance... But for full reef with Hard Corals, I will always do T5... Already seeing a change in growth pattern on the across, so many new tips growing from the stalks that were never their before... Colors evolving as well...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Stinkin T5's! Nice looking tank.

Thanks for the props Sunar! Im loving them so far! Can't wait to see the 6 month result, then the 12 month, 18 month, etc...

By the way Christine,

These params are all out of wack! Ive had to nearly double my dose output even after the bumping...Corals are growing at such an accelerated rate!

By the way Christine,

These params are all out of wack! Ive had to nearly double my dose output even after the bumping...Corals are growing at such an accelerated rate!

Combination T5 and Zeovit. But we are still among the non-believers :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

I concur doctor. Changing reefing one doubter at a time!

I've been searching around for more T5 information lately, still having bleaching issues in my 40. Over and over again I see T5 tanks that appear dimly lit and have great colors. My personal feeling on the matter, at least for the moment, is that PAR measurements with T5 way way way underestimate the amount of light the coral is receiving. This is due to the fact T5 offers constant light from all angles whereas any point source lighting, while measuring the same or more PAR, is not delivering that light to the coral on a constant basis.

As a result, 400 PAR Halide works well, 400 PAR T5 roasts the coral (without proper acclimation).

LED has similar but different issues.

My thinking is the colors under T5 look better, when the right amount of light is applied, due to the fact the light is applied on a more even basis. It's not exactly natural to have the coral receive this "light all over" but it looks damn good. :)

I concur doctor. Changing reefing one doubter at a time!

you guys are converting me! i really want to try zeovit. tank's at home, i'm at school. :/ bah, maybe one day.

SouthFlorida_Tron

you guys are converting me! i really want to try zeovit. tank's at home, i'm at school. :/ bah, maybe one day.

It is a Meticulous routine with immense payoff and results... But great timing...

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/specials/korallen-zucht.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=kz102813

I've been searching around for more T5 information lately, still having bleaching issues in my 40. Over and over again I see T5 tanks that appear dimly lit and have great colors. My personal feeling on the matter, at least for the moment, is that PAR measurements with T5 way way way underestimate the amount of light the coral is receiving. This is due to the fact T5 offers constant light from all angles whereas any point source lighting, while measuring the same or more PAR, is not delivering that light to the coral on a constant basis.

As a result, 400 PAR Halide works well, 400 PAR T5 roasts the coral (without proper acclimation).

LED has similar but different issues.

My thinking is the colors under T5 look better, when the right amount of light is applied, due to the fact the light is applied on a more even basis. It's not exactly natural to have the coral receive this "light all over" but it looks damn good. :)

Always all about the amount of light, & just as with halide kelvin, bulb selection is crucial...

SouthFlorida_Tron

maybe one day ... fingerscrossed

Small steps... I started with just the Nano Pack, and now is a great time to try it without going full ZEOvit as its 25% off.... take advantage, worst case, sell it for near the same price....

I would at least recommend you try one Amino Acid Concentrate & the Phol's Xtra, or Sponge Power...

Wow, the lighting change has made a big difference on the visual look of the tank. My LFS uses the same lighting fixture over their 8foot SPS tank, their pieces always look awesome.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Wow, the lighting change has made a big difference on the visual look of the tank. My LFS uses the same lighting fixture over their 8foot SPS tank, their pieces always look awesome.

It is great so far... No algae, bleaching, no negatives, only amazing colors, great pop (even without LEDs) and nice signs of new growth.

Hmmmm zeo on sale huh.... Dunno which to try out.... To complicated lol

Good time to start somewhere... Thats what I did!

Wait a tick... so this actually grew out of the water? Or were your pumps just off?

LOL Thats the goal but this was taken during a water change! But 3 months ago none of the tips reached the surface!

SouthFlorida_Tron

When the tips hit the surface... harvest time!

:)

No way, I want those Acros and Zoos to get so full it looks like the Congo up in that bish! :naughtydance::haha:

Woooo!

You said it mang, no body f's with da Jesus!

You-dont-mess-with-the-Jesus.jpg

Oh, and Coral+ ordered to swap out that Purple+..... Will see how it helps reduce the red undertone...

SouthFlorida_Tron

MOAR! omgomgomg

10560746176_af0001148f_c.jpg
T5 by J.L Photography, on Flickr
Still sooooo brown but starting to show signs of green coming

For comparison.... 9-30-13

Archived