Coral Vue Hydros

The Unofficial WalMart Pico Contest

streetsong

Well even if they don't id be willing to order the tank from ebay and ship it to you from my house. Just repay my costs on the tank and I'll throw in the sand and rock for free. I know what its like to be stuck somewhere where no one ships. It ####in blows! Lol

Thanks again John, i'll just see how things go here....i have high hopes that big als will ship the tank alone up here.....man im willing to pay whatever expedited fedex costs... usually 60-100 bucks for 2nd day to overnight.

Why are all the companies hating on Alaska? I want to move there =] and does anyone know about the stipulation on sumps, if we can have one and how big can it be?

I dunno, they need to get with the times.....fedex,ups and USPS all ship up here....hell i order alot of things UPS ground...and well its about 300 miles to the mainland so they have to fly them in anyways and UPS just does it. Alaska is a very wonderful place to live.....i think most vendors are just afraid of the "potential" hassle that could arise if something gets broken. Not sure on the sump stipulations panda

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

A lot of you reefers are asking about live sand being shipped. Yes it's heavy and us online stores don't turn a good profit on them as a stand alone product, so we don't offer it.

I however, do offer it on my site. We carry the 5 lbs bag of live sand, I like it because it is the smallest bag I've been able to find.

In a 3 gallon, you can use quite a bit of it and still have a little left over.

I have 7 bags in the shop... We ship them out UPS ground and charge a flat rate of $9 dollars anywhere in the United States....

xxredxpandaxx
WAIT! They have it back in stock?

I think they were talking about in the store. I haven't seen it on the online store yet.

I think they were talking about in the store. I haven't seen it on the online store yet.

Yes I know. Members did try to get it from the actual store but they did not have it, same as online. Sold out.

How much is it to ship Pizzmo to So Cal? Hulkblood is hungry

No need to ship him, with the love, special attention and food he's been getting, he'll be able to hike it to the west coast and nuke out your nems. :naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

No need to ship him, with the love, special attention and food he's been getting, he'll be able to hike it to the west coast and nuke out your nems. :naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

bah!!! I may buy a peppermint shrimp to see how well hulkblood devours! At a later update though

xxredxpandaxx
Sorry, should have made that clear. I did site to store shipping because walmart is about 1/2 mile from my apartment.

Did they get more in or did you buy it before they were out of stock?

Can you ah see Putin from over there?

Palin, that B****.....I can see Bald Eagles & Sitka Blacktail from my window, bears just a bit down the road, but russia? nope.....not to defend her at all, but there are parts of alaska way up north that are relativly closer to russia. :happy:

Palin, that B****.....I can see Bald Eagles & Sitka Blacktail from my window, bears just a bit down the road, but russia? nope.....not to defend her at all, but there are parts of alaska way up north that are relativly closer to russia. :happy:

I think Palin is pretty hot. I like her glasses and her daughter.

If you want, and are willing to spend the $$$, You can ship it to my house from marine depot and I will slap a fedex label on it and send it your way. I can provide references to my character from other NR members and I will pay for the fed ex - up front, so long as you can paypal me the monies when you get the product.

Is it too late to enter im going to call big al tommower if im not too late or does walmart have them in

The cut off dates are listed in the official contest rules. Read first post.

Also, hows the weather in upsate, NY?

I think Palin is pretty hot. I like her glasses and her daughter.

And those are the two things she has going for her. ;)

masternano, no, it's not too late to join. You can actually enter until 11/29, although the contest is officially starting on 10/29.

masternano, no, it's not too late to join. You can actually enter until 11/29, although the contest is officially starting on 10/29.

I already started yo!

If you want, and are willing to spend the $$$, You can ship it to my house from marine depot and I will slap a fedex label on it and send it your way. I can provide references to my character from other NR members and I will pay for the fed ex - up front, so long as you can paypal me the monies when you get the product.

Thanks Herranton, I've seen you around for awhile so I wouldnt have an issue trusting you.....but I just got the last one that Amazon.com actually had in stock themselves! If amazon actually has the item instock, then they ever so graciously offer anywhere from 1 day overnight shipping down to slow boat shipping. Sooo, my tank will be here wedensday this week! Psyched that i actually found one!

Thanks Herranton, I've seen you around for awhile so I wouldnt have an issue trusting you.....but I just got the last one that Amazon.com actually had in stock themselves! If amazon actually has the item instock, then they ever so graciously offer anywhere from 1 day overnight shipping down to slow boat shipping. Sooo, my tank will be here wedensday this week! Psyched that i actually found one!

HURRAY!!!

In celebration I give you an obnoxiously long to load but worth the wait KARA gif!

Gif removed to not eat up my photobucket bandwidth

hmm, didnt think of barebottom, maybe that would help with the inevitable scratching of the cheap acrylic too.... I couldnt imagine trying to boil some of my already established substrate....just running the prefilters for my MP pumps under warm water is killer.

I am going bare-bottom just to avoid scratching the acrylic.

I went to three Walmarts this afternoon so I could buy a few tanks to ship out to folks who don't what to spend a so much money. No luck, but it states on their website that some stores do have them in stock.

Is it too late to enter im going to call big al tommower if im not too late or does walmart have them in

Nope, you have until 11/29

Please welcome babboa to our contest family! Also, please post a link to your tank thread here. That will help me to get them up on page 1 in a timely manner.

Brandon

HURRAY!!!

In celebration I give you an obnoxiously long to load but worth the wait KARA gif!

1560553_o-1.gif

Thanks Herranton! I've never heard of Kara, but it looks like her and her crew def have some moves!

It's exiting to see so many new contestants! :) I can't wait to see all the picos.

I'm going with barebottom so that I can feed the tank more heavily (it'll be all NPS) and have higher flow. I'm also fed up with sand in general after dealing with sugar-grain sand in my other pico. :P

It's exiting to see so many new contestants! :) I can't wait to see all the picos.

I'm going with barebottom so that I can feed the tank more heavily (it'll be all NPS) and have higher flow. I'm also fed up with sand in general after dealing with sugar-grain sand in my other pico. :P

It looks like we are going to have more than a few NPS tanks! I'm really excited to see everyone's tanks develop!

It looks like we are going to have more than a few NPS tanks! I'm really excited to see everyone's tanks develop!

How many other people are doing NPS picos for the contest? I'm exited to see them. I don't think I've seen anything smaller than a 20 gallon used for an all NPS tank.

Archived