Coral Vue Hydros

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

I haven't had any issues with her and the coral at all. I see her picking around on the rocks for algae a lot but she never seems to bother any of the corals. She's sooo pretty and active, which is great :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally...new photos! omgomgomg

FTS 3/13/12

IMG_0030_1.jpg

Corner View

IMG_0044_1.jpg

Top Down

IMG_0054_1.jpg

IMG_0061_1.jpg

SPS Land

IMG_0881-1.jpg

Andy, the starry blenny, being BA as usual. :wub:

IMG_0806.jpg

ET, the pom pom crab

IMG_0801.jpg

Cleaner shrimp with eggs!

IMG_0843.jpg

Cleaning my hand.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Cleaning Andy.

IMG_0835.jpg

Stylophora

IMG_0012.jpg

Sour Apple Birdsnest

IMG_0017-1.jpg

Bali Slimer

IMG_0023.jpg

Green Monti Cap

IMG_0007.jpg

Pokerstar Monti

IMG_0074.jpg

Ring of Fire Zoas

IMG_0030.jpg

Devil's Armor Zoas

IMG_0038.jpg

Kryptonite/Hulk Zoas

IMG_0034.jpg

Kedds Red Zoas

IMG_0027.jpg

Orange Palys

IMG_0046.jpg

ATL Valentine's Day Massacre Palys

IMG_0053.jpg

Green Button Palys

IMG_0841.jpg

Neon Green Flowerpot

IMG_0849.jpg

Green Striped Mushroom

IMG_0058.jpg

Frogspawn

IMG_0067.jpg

Xenia

IMG_0054.jpg

Lily checking out the tank.

IMG_0097_1.jpg

IMG_0106_1.jpg

And Lily drinking water out of the AC70 return.

IMG_0084_1.jpg

Your tank is awesomesause!!! :wub: You have been quite busy with buying corals. I like the height of your rock work. When that SPS fills in, it is going to be epic. I kinda have it in my head that on my next tank, the rock work will be mostly half the height of the tank. Maybe a couple spots that peak over the halfway mark, but not much. I want my tank to look like

one day. You can't get like that with too much live rock. One can dream. Tell me that blue stag in the middle isn't amazing?!?!

Thanks Joe! I'm really happy with how its coming along. I have bought quite a few things lately, but I definitely need to stop now because I'm pretty close to being out of space. I can't wait until all the SPS frags grow out and fill in the whole top portion of that arch.

That tank is BEAUTIFUL! And yes, the color on that blue stag is to die for. I love when tanks are so filled in like that that you can't even see the rock work. All the schooling fish are pretty awesome too :D

Holy shiit. I haven't seen a FTS of your tank in a while. All I can say is WOW! I love your scape and choice of corals and fishies!!!!

Mr. Dirt is right, an epic tank in the making!

Wow! It looks amazing and so colorful!!!! I can't wait to see how it fills in with growth!!!!!!!

I don't think the firefish will try to kill each other. Maybe if you get another, make it a little smaller than the other. The firefish seems to be a rather passive fish, not so aggressive like a clown/damsel. I really think you'd be fine adding another.

Great new pictures and video, especially the FTS. :) everything looks so good. Oh, the fruits of living in an area with a booming reefing community. :)

*Drool* Too bad with shipping it would cost like $130. :(

That's why you just spend $225 and justify it. :lol:

Finally...new photos! omgomgomg

Andy, the starry blenny, being BA as usual. :wub:

IMG_0806.jpg

Stylophora

IMG_0012.jpg

Sour Apple Birdsnest

IMG_0017-1.jpg

Bali Slimer

IMG_0023.jpg

And Lily drinking water out of the AC70 return.

IMG_0084_1.jpg

Those are my favorites :wub:

It all looks great.

Your tank is awesomesause!!! :wub: You have been quite busy with buying corals.

Yesss awesomesauce haha!

Holy shiit. I haven't seen a FTS of your tank in a while. All I can say is WOW! I love your scape and choice of corals and fishies!!!!

Mr. Dirt is right, an epic tank in the making!

Yeah, I got really lazy about photos since the last FTS was all the way back in January. I'm glad you like the progress since then :D Thanks for all the compliments! I'm just waiting patiently for everything to fill in.

Wow! It looks amazing and so colorful!!!! I can't wait to see how it fills in with growth!!!!!!!

I don't think the firefish will try to kill each other. Maybe if you get another, make it a little smaller than the other. The firefish seems to be a rather passive fish, not so aggressive like a clown/damsel. I really think you'd be fine adding another.

Thanks, Gena! I've been trying to get a good variety of color in there. Although I really love how yours has so much pink. Its so pretty and girly :D

Next time I go to the LFS, I'll look and see if they have a small firefish. The one I have now is definitely very shy and not aggressive at all, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to add another one.

Great new pictures and video, especially the FTS. :) everything looks so good. Oh, the fruits of living in an area with a booming reefing community. :)

That's why you just spend $225 and justify it. :lol:

Thanks, Joel! You should have applied to law school is CA. There is such a big reefing community here. Gena and the other SoCal people have it the best. I feel like at least half of the adds for frags on N-R are people in SoCal.

Those are my favorites :wub:

It all looks great.

Yesss awesomesauce haha!

Those were some of my favorites too! I'm glad you guys think its "awesomesauce" :lol:

So I'm having a bad day again. All of my embryonic stem cells that are like 2 months of my research got contaminated with a bacteria and had to be thrown out today. Yay for losing 2 months worth of hard work! Ugh! :angry:

So if I can get out of here early enough to make it to the LFS before it closes, I'm going to go buy myself a firefish to cheer me up. Is it bad that I buy aquarium stuff to cheer me up? Not like most girls who'd go shopping for clothes or shoes. :lol:

So I'm having a bad day again. All of my embryonic stem cells that are like 2 months of my research got contaminated with a bacteria and had to be thrown out today. Yay for losing 2 months worth of hard work! Ugh! :angry:

So if I can get out of here early enough to make it to the LFS before it closes, I'm going to go buy myself a firefish to cheer me up. Is it bad that I buy aquarium stuff to cheer me up? Not like most girls who'd go shopping for clothes or shoes. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear that. :( and no, it's not bad, I was strongly considering a "my ex is a lying, manipulative, cheating whore" Diver's Den order but instead I bought a #### load of bullets for my assorted guns and am going shooting tomorrow. Much more therapeutic.

Your tank looks great! Good thing you have a pretty sturdy top on that thing or you would be adding a cat fish to the tank! :P

I'm sorry to hear that. :( and no, it's not bad, I was strongly considering a "my ex is a lying, manipulative, cheating whore" Diver's Den order but instead I bought a #### load of bullets for my assorted guns and am going shooting tomorrow. Much more therapeutic.

Did your ex do something recently? I bet shooting stuff makes you feel much better. That was one of the best parts of doing MMA fighting. I got to punch the heck out of the bags a couple times a week. Now I just buy myself and fish and let Lily sit on my lap and purr while I watch the new fish to make myself feel better :D

Lily drinks saltwater?!

Everything looks great!

Thanks Kat! And only when she notices the running water coming from the AC70 and decides to check it out. She realized pretty quickly that it was salt water and stopped. :lol:

Your tank looks great! Good thing you have a pretty sturdy top on that thing or you would be adding a cat fish to the tank! :P

Thanks Randi. Well she's already been a cat fish once when the lid wasn't on :lol: And its just a glass lid, so she always makes me nervous jumping up onto it. I'm a bit worried it might crack or break one of these times. Luckily she only gets up there when I'm working on the tank and needs to get involved.

So I ended up getting a purple firefish because they didn't have any orange firefish in stock and I figured I like having a variety of species. So far the two firefish seem to be totally ignoring one another. Here's a photo of the new firefish right after going into the tank:

IMG_0124.jpg

Sorry about losing the cells :angry: I don't think it's bad at all to cheer yourself up or reward yourself with tank stuff :) Nice firefish!

Thanks Randi. Well she's already been a cat fish once when the lid wasn't on :lol:

:o That's hilarious. Did the water get all furry? I find fur in my tank sometimes... I don't have a dog anymore but my roommates have two.

Awesome choice on the purple firefish! I'd much rather have that little pretty than new clothes/purse/shoes!!!!! ;)

Hope today is a much better day for you :flower:

Did your ex do something recently? I bet shooting stuff makes you feel much better. That was one of the best parts of doing MMA fighting. I got to punch the heck out of the bags a couple times a week. Now I just buy myself and fish and let Lily sit on my lap and purr while I watch the new fish to make myself feel better :D

Oh that's right, you were gone when I found out. Turns out she was cheating on me, with her ex, and is now engaged to him. I'm not upset about it, actually I'm pretty glad I dodged that bullet. It just irked me that she didn't just call it off with me when she started feeling different.

Also, nice firefish. :)

Awesome choice on the purple firefish! I'd much rather have that little pretty than new clothes/purse/shoes!!!!! ;)

Hope today is a much better day for you :flower:

Me too! Actually I plan on going to the LFS today! :lol:

Oh that's right, you were gone when I found out. Turns out she was cheating on me, with her ex, and is now engaged to him. I'm not upset about it, actually I'm pretty glad I dodged that bullet. It just irked me that she didn't just call it off with me when she started feeling different.

Also, nice firefish. :)

Damn Joel!!!!??? Which girl was this? :huh:

I just wanted to say "hi", and tell you how much I enjoy watching yout tank grow. I have 2 purple firefish that get along just fine - they are different in size and one is dominant but not aggressive, just a big brother type.

I also REALLY like the dive photos. My husband got me snorkeling, then diving, then into this hobby - he didn't understand my addictive side until now!!! Anyway, I am going diving in Cozumel the end of May and those pictures have me jonesing!!!

I live in the armpit of NY without any decent LFS or even places to dive so the pictures here fill a void. B)

You should have dipped then quarentined those stem cells.

Seriously, what a bummer to loose all that work.

You deserve much more than a firefish, even though she is purdy. You have my blessing to go out and buy shoes, purse and some chocolates, its OK to be gurly. (once in a while)

You should have dipped then quarentined those stem cells.

Seriously, what a bummer to loose all that work.

You deserve much more than a firefish, even though she is purdy. You have my blessing to go out and buy shoes, purse and some chocolates, its OK to be gurly. (once in a while)

Good man! You were taught well! ;)

Archived