inTank Media Baskets

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

They get pretty large right? Mine are almost the size of a small/medium orange and have been told they would host clowns.....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They get pretty large right? Mine are almost the size of a small/medium orange and have been told they would host clowns.....

What I read online said they'll get to like 3" in diameter before they split, but I honestly think mine was more like 5" before it split into 3 smaller mushrooms. And yeah, they are a common clownfish host. I was hoping mine would host the pile of fuzzy mushrooms but they have yet to show any interest. My female clown has been scoping out the magician palys as a potential host recently.

Those are pretty. :)

I know. I really like them. If I manage to frag them at some point soon, I can send one your way once the weather is staying warm because I think they'd be fine with priority 2-3 day shipping.

Your pics from a few pages back are really great! And I can't wait to see how that order turns out, those different seastars look really cool!! I like their colours :)

surgicalsense
I definitely cannot type on my iPhone that fast. I love my macbook :D

In other Oregon Trail humor:

oregon-trail.jpg

:lol: looks like Ella.

I wish I had room for some of your shrooms. Those look like the variety that was a focal point (and clownfish host) for one of the N-R TOTMs. I think it was a fluval edge tank. They are so pretty!!!!!

Awesome order. They usually do give something extra. Not always though. I've gotten a freebie urchin and the free sponge. Either way, you'll like their stuff :)

Sounds like a great plan! :) how has your research been?

So do you have any ideas how to frag it when it splits again? Do I just razor blade one of the new ones off the rock they are all attached to and then put it in a jar (to block any flow) with rubble rock down in the tank to attach? I'm guessing it will split in the next month or so if it stays as happy as it is now, so I'll keep you posted. :)

Research has been ok I guess. I'm kind of at a stand still right now until I can get more cells. We lost all of the cell line I'm using and we have more of them cryogenically frozen, but it takes a week or two to thaw them out and get them growing again. I can't really run any experiments until they're all thawed so I'm mostly just working on class work this week since I have a big project due Wednesday.

Your pics from a few pages back are really great! And I can't wait to see how that order turns out, those different seastars look really cool!! I like their colours :)

Thanks! :D I really like the red color of the brittle stars, so I'm hoping they survive the 2-3 day shipping ok. They were listed on their websites section of things hardy enough for slower shipping.

:lol: looks like Ella.

It does! You should build her a wagon :lol:

I wish I had room for some of your shrooms. Those look like the variety that was a focal point (and clownfish host) for one of the N-R TOTMs. I think it was a fluval edge tank. They are so pretty!!!!!

Awesome order. They usually do give something extra. Not always though. I've gotten a freebie urchin and the free sponge. Either way, you'll like their stuff :)

The fuzzy mushroom I bought was tiny when I got it and only cost me $5. It was one of the first corals I added to the tank and its definitely one of my favorites. They seem to love my tank though since it split in 3 within 3 months of me getting it and it looks like they're getting to the right size to do it again. I would love to give you one, but you definitely don't have space since they get really big! Maybe if you upgrade some day :)

I'm fine not getting any freebies as long as my order shows up in good shape. You know how my luck has been with online orders, so I was hesitant to do it again. I only caved and decided to try again because I really want some stars and I can't find any small ones locally. All the ones my LFS has are huge serpent stars that I could see eating my little fish.

Your plan to frag sounds like it would work. :) good luck on your project!

Ok good to know. Those mushrooms seem pretty hardy, so I think they'll be a good first coral to practice fragging.

My parents are in town next week so I'm taking some vacation time and going to Tahoe. Hopefully once I get back I can get the project going well again and get some good results :)

surgicalsense

She would probably crawel in it. Have you seen the picture of her sitting in the lunch pale on my fb?

... and yes the tank is looking good :)

I would love to give you one, but you definitely don't have space since they get really big! Maybe if you upgrade some day :)

I may have to upgrade at some point. If so, I'll definitely take one from you! Although, my luck is pretty bad with big mushrooms and fish :lol::scarry:

She would probably crawel in it. Have you seen the picture of her sitting in the lunch pale on my fb?

... and yes the tank is looking good :)

Thanks! And no, I haven't seen that photo. It sounds cute! I'll have to go look for it on FB.

I may have to upgrade at some point. If so, I'll definitely take one from you! Although, my luck is pretty bad with big mushrooms and fish :lol::scarry:

I don't think the fuzzy mushrooms are particularly known for eating fish. They're right by my YWG's home and he actually sits on them all the time when he's out eating and stuff. He's the smallest fish in there and they haven't eaten him.

Did gena say upgradE?!?

She did! :o I say we don't allow her to until her current tank wins TOTM :)

She did! :o I say we don't allow her to until her current tank wins TOTM :)

I second that! Your on a freeze until it's been TOTM then you can upgrade.

Sorry I'm sure you've said this at some point, but what level do you run your lights at? I'm looking at setting up my old 30g with a kit from aquastyle and am wondering if a 9x3 array would be enough.

I second that! Your on a freeze until it's been TOTM then you can upgrade.

^ I AGREE!

Hey Felicia, love those new nano stars! I've never seen them before. Do they stay that small??

I won't be upgrading until I have some room to put it. Either a move or an addition to our house! That means I have a few years, most likely :lol:

Sorry I'm sure you've said this at some point, but what level do you run your lights at? I'm looking at setting up my old 30g with a kit from aquastyle and am wondering if a 9x3 array would be enough.

I actually don't think I have said because the Aquastyles don't really have levels so its hard to really give a value. The knobs don't have any markings, so you can just turn them up or down and guess at what percent you're at. I believe my blues are around 90% and my whites are around 75%. My 30 gallon has 36 LEDs on it and that is definitely enough, I'm not sure if 27 would be enough though. Depends on the depth of your tank and what you're wanting to keep in there.

^ I AGREE!

Hey Felicia, love those new nano stars! I've never seen them before. Do they stay that small??

I'm really excited about the stars! I think they can grow bigger, but they start out so small that it would take a long time. I know Gena has some from the same company, so she probably knows better than me.

I won't be upgrading until I have some room to put it. Either a move or an addition to our house! That means I have a few years, most likely :lol:

Ok good. As much as its awesome to get a bigger tank, yours is just too pretty to mess with for a while :)

I'll post pictures of them as soon as I get them. According to the tracking information they should show up this Thursday! :D

In other news, my purple firefish moved out of the YWG's house and moved in with the orange firefish. What a slut :lol:

I'll post pictures of them as soon as I get them. According to the tracking information they should show up this Thursday! :D

In other news, my purple firefish moved out of the YWG's house and moved in with the orange firefish. What a slut :lol:

Gotta try the shoes on before you buy em.

You got a slut infestation.... :o

:lol: I don't know if it can be called an infestation when there's only one slut.

Gotta try the shoes on before you buy em.

Haha, apparently. She rushed into moving in with the YWG and then realized there was a more attractive orange firefish available. So she had an affair, the YWG filed for divorce and kicker her out, and she moved in with the other firefish :lol:

They must actually be opposite genders in this case because I've heard that if they are the same, they will either fight or just avoid each other. Its cute that they seem to have paired up now. Although the poor YWG is all alone again because for some reason him and his shrimp can't locate each other even though they live like 5 inches apart.

Archived