Coral Vue Hydros

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know! I may have to just try again with another one. I was so upset to find him on the floor last night. Luckily Lily hadn't tried to eat him. That would have been so gross.

I'm sorry about the blenny. Not cool. I am stressing about moving everyone to a 40B as well, but I want the added depth.

Sorry for your loss. -_-

My starry jumped out of the cardboard dojo. :( they are crazy with their ability to jump.

Yeah, he must have been pretty determined to get out of the tank. Ugh...I'm debating whether or not to get a new one or try a different fish. He had such a cool personality :(

I'm sorry about the blenny. Not cool. I am stressing about moving everyone to a 40B as well, but I want the added depth.

Sorry for your loss. -_-

Thanks, Randi. I'm sure your move will go flawlessly. Just make sure you plan everything really well in advance and have plenty of extra containers/buckets and water on hand.

Sorry about the fish. That just sucks!

Thanks. Its ok. Just unfortunate that he had to go and jump on me.

Btw, in good news, I located the YWG's new burrow and he finally paired back up with the pistol shrimp! YAY!

Btw, in good news, I located the YWG's new burrow and he finally paired back up with the pistol shrimp! YAY!

Yay! Moving right along to the good news.

But we both need to change our signatures now :(

Glad to hear everything is doing well after the acan loss, except the brain! Bummer on the star blenny. :(

Anymore thoughts on what kind of new fish???

• 2 weeks later...

She's been sequestered by some top secrete government agency, to develop some sort of bio-enginered new life forms.

Seriously, I hope all is well.

surgicalsense
We should pm her and let her know we are missing her :)

Harrassing (in a good way) her on fb might be more interesting ;)

Ok, so first off...soooo sorry for completely dropping off the face of the earth guys! I was really busy trying to get a bunch of work done before being out of the lab for a while because of getting my wisdom teeth out. Having to get them out right now was unexpected since one of them started coming in and messing up my other teeth, and it was really bad timing for some deadlines regarding my research. So I was really stressed out trying to get stuff done before the surgery. Then I had the surgery which went really well but it was about a full week before I was feeling 100%. And then since its almost the end of the semester, I've been crazy busy trying to get everything done for my classes. I haven't let myself on NR because I know I can never just spend a few minutes. I always get sucked in and I just didn't have time for that. But anyways, I'm wrapping up the stuff for the semester soon so I should be on more often and sorry for not warning you guys I'd be MIA.

It was flattering to see all your guys' comments! I'm glad I was missed! I tend to go through phases with how busy I am with school, so I'll try to give you guys a heads up the next time I think I'll be MIA for a while. I'll always come back though :D

Glad to hear everything is doing well after the acan loss, except the brain! Bummer on the star blenny. :(

Anymore thoughts on what kind of new fish???

The brain still looks PO'd constantly but its still alive. I've completely baffled as to what to do for it and about what happened to the acans. Everything else is doing great right now though!

Losing the starry blenny was pretty sad and I haven't replaced him yet. My favorite LFS is going out of business so I haven't been to the store to get a replacement. I'll probably go to another LFS I like ok that actually has the better fish selection but not so great corals to get a replacement sometime soon. I'm probably going to try another starry, although if they happen to have a midas in stock I might consider one. They're just a bit expensive and I typically try to avoid expensive fish in case something (like jumping) happens.

Where's the neoprene girl at ;( hope all is well felicia

Glad to hear you missed me Brad ;) I'm doing good now! How have you been? I seriously need to go try to catch up on all your threads! Maybe you guys could give me a short summary of what I've missed :)

She's been sequestered by some top secrete government agency, to develop some sort of bio-enginered new life forms.

Seriously, I hope all is well.

:lol: Your jokes are always appreciated! And thanks for checking in! I promise I'm back for the time being and I'll try to warn you guys if I'm going to get really busy again.

And Gena and Danielle, I'm really flattered that you guys were so concerned. :) Sorry again for dropping off the face of the Earth all of a sudden.

So, now that I'm back its time for a few updates!

1) All of my fish are doing really well. My YWG finally paired back up with his pistol shrimp and they have a new burrow in the back left corner of the tank. June (the orange clownfish) has decided to start hosting the cluster of zoas and palys. At first they seemed a bit ticked, but they seem to have gotten used to it and don't usually close up now when June rubs against them. Johnny (the black clownfish) just kind of does his own thing.

2) The starfish I got from Sealife Inc are doing great and I'd highly recommend ordering from them if anyone is looking for nano-sized starfish. They come running out at feeding time and are really fun to watch going crazy over the food.

3) My corals are doing great! Well other than the acans I lost and the brain which is still PO'd, but I'm over it. Some of my SPS frags are encrusting all the way off of their frags plugs and onto the rocks. My xenia has started growing up the back wall of the tank without me trying to make it do that. My zoas and palys are putting out new polyps insanely fast. The area of the rock they're on has mostly filled it. The newest ones, the red hornet zoas, have gone from one polyp plus a baby to 4 full polyps plus more babies already. I'm definitely going to have to start fragging soon. My alien eye chalice is soooo happy. Its now almost twice the size as it was when I bought it. Since its doing so well, I decided I should stick to what does well in my tank and purchase some fancy chalices to replace the acans.

4) My favorite LFS for corals, Atlantis Aquarium, is closing its retail store! I'm so frustrated because they had an awesome selection and great customer service. They were always helping me chose corals and giving me great deals.

5) Another local LFS, Aquatic Collections, has great corals but their prices at their store are really high. They have ebay auctions though and some gorgeous corals go for really reasonable prices. If you guys remember, I purchased from their ebay auctions before and didn't have much success with the corals since they had to ship. They had some gorgeous chalices up for auction over the weekend, so I decided to give shipping another chance since the weather is so warm right now and the store is local, so shipping is cheap for overnight arrival. I ended up getting 3 chalices and a plate for $100 including the shipping charges. Here are the photos of the frags that were posted on ebay.

Tyree LE Miami Hurricane Chalice - $25.49

chalice6zoom.jpg

Premier Morning Star Chalice - $9.99

chalice2zoom.jpg

Red and Blue Superman Chalice - $9.99

chalice4zoom.jpg

Solar Rays Fungia (Plate) - $23.50

plate2.jpg

The corals arrived today at about 12:30 and I acclimated them for an hour and a half before adding them into the tank. The chalices all have nice color too them and I was amazed that the plate coral extended its tentacles within moments of going into the tank. They seem to be doing really well, so I think the weather being so much warmer the last few days helped make shipping less stressful. Here are photos right after they were added to the tank.

The plate coral with its tentacles partially extended. My photo really doesn't do its color justice. Its a bright orange/yellow with blue/purple tips on its tentacles.

IMG_0491.jpg

The 3 chalices. Tyree Miami Hurricane on the left; Superman chalice in the center; Morning Star Chalice to the right.

IMG_0481-1.jpg

Close up of the Morning Star Chalice. I love the bubblegum pink eyes!

IMG_0477.jpg

Awesom update!!!!!! I love the new additions!!!!!! Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to have you back? :happy:

Sounds like you've had some amazing growth. FTS...when you can!!!!!

Archived