Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome!

I love the red brittle stars that sea life has. I'm going to be ordering some of their rics this summer.

You definitely should! The stars I got are also really entertaining because they hide during the day but as soon as I dump some food in, they come right out in the open and scramble around for food.

Oh look whose sunset isn't dead. :P

Everything looks great!

Yep, the sunset actually looks really good. If it makes you feel any better, I made the same noob mistake and broke mine in half while I was handling it to glue it on a rock. Mine apparently just didn't get as stressed out as yours, so now I have 2 tiny, encrusting sunsets. I honestly assumed I had killed it, but apparently not.

Hola! Excellent pictures of the new additions. All is looking wonder :)

Thanks, Danielle! How's you tank doing? Still on hold or did you get the itch and buy anything new?

I'm not too worried since my fuzzy mushroom has been in the tank since the very beginning and it hasn't tried to eat any fish. I'm only a bit concerned now because my YWG has decided they make nice sofas. I don't want them to think he's food and close on him.

El Fabs elephant ear mushroom hosted his clown fish for two years.

Then he ate it. And 5 more fish after that. Good thing you don't have an elephant ear.

:mellow:

surgicalsense
Thanks, Danielle! How's you tank doing? Still on hold or did you get the itch and buy anything new?

On major hold. I did adopt Gena's blasto.

El Fabs elephant ear mushroom hosted his clown fish for two years.

Then he ate it. And 5 more fish after that. Good thing you don't have an elephant ear.

:mellow:

Woah! Scary! Yeah, luckily I do not have an elephant ear, I'd heard some horror stories about them. So far my fuzzy mushrooms are model citizens besides growing too fast.

On major hold. I did adopt Gena's blasto.

Oh ok. Why did Gena get rid of the blasto?

Wow lots going on!

Acans, WTF????

Fellowship, wow and way cool. Big congrats on that!

Tahoe, very way cool. Haven't been there in 25 years.

Tank and corals, always cool!

Wow lots going on!

Acans, WTF????

Fellowship, wow and way cool. Big congrats on that!

Tahoe, very way cool. Haven't been there in 25 years.

Tank and corals, always cool!

That was about my reaction to the acans. WTF?! Everything else in the tank is perfect and 6 acan varieties just up and melted on me and I can't figure out a reason. I'm pissed because my gorgeous rainbow acan that I paid $40 for one head of had grown 2 new heads and then it just melted.

At least most of the other stuff is positive so I'm focusing on that. :)

Awesome photographic update!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your acans though :( Geeze...wonder what could have happened????? I hate mysteries when it comes to these reef tanks!!!!!!

Awesome photographic update!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your acans though :( Geeze...wonder what could have happened????? I hate mysteries when it comes to these reef tanks!!!!!!

Thanks, Gena! I know right? I guess that's just one of the bad parts of this hobby. As much as I loved the acans, the front sand portion looks much less cluttered without them so I'm thinking I won't rush to replace them.

Thanks, Gena! I know right? I guess that's just one of the bad parts of this hobby. As much as I loved the acans, the front sand portion looks much less cluttered without them so I'm thinking I won't rush to replace them.

I bet it is nice to have open sandbed!!!! :)

Awesome update! I Like your new stars, and your getting awesome growth on the Monti! :D Sorry about the acans though,.... IDK what would do that....

Love the snow, it looks so clean and pretty in the mountains when it's covered in snow.

I bet it is nice to have open sandbed!!!! :)

Yep! We'll see how long it takes me to get the itch to buy new stuff to replace the acans :lol:

Awesome update! I Like your new stars, and your getting awesome growth on the Monti! :D Sorry about the acans though,.... IDK what would do that....

Love the snow, it looks so clean and pretty in the mountains when it's covered in snow.

Thanks, Randi! And yeah, I loved how the snow looked on the mountains. Its nice living somewhere with great weather but that's within a couple hours drive of mountains and snow. I rarely got to see anything like that living in Florida for 22 years.

Yep! We'll see how long it takes me to get the itch to buy new stuff to replace the acans :lol:

I predict it won't take too long ;)

How's the open brain doing? Any better? Didn't you say the one you got originally was having trouble?

I predict it won't take too long ;)

How's the open brain doing? Any better? Didn't you say the one you got originally was having trouble?

Haha, yeah probably not too long. I definitely don't have any plans to replace them yet.

The open brain is still PO'd. It just won't ever open all the way and there's a tiny bit of skeleton showing. I thought it might be that it was in too much flow so I moved it a couple weeks ago and its still PO'd. I honestly don't know what its deal is. I guess maybe the coral beauty could be picking at it, but I don't see her mess with it too much.

It's a possibility she's picking on it. I had my coral beauty first and then added an open brain coral. She did start picking at it and I stupidly got rid of her instead of the brain coral. They are such awesome fish. Hopefully she's behaving and it's something else that's bothering it. Something that's easy to fix!!!!!

It's a possibility she's picking on it. I had my coral beauty first and then added an open brain coral. She did start picking at it and I stupidly got rid of her instead of the brain coral. They are such awesome fish. Hopefully she's behaving and it's something else that's bothering it. Something that's easy to fix!!!!!

Well I'm out of ideas on how to fix it, so hopefully it starts to get better soon. I'm definitely going to keep the coral beauty, so if its her fault I guess I just won't be able to keep any open brains. Everything else is doing awesome right now.

If it's not a critter bothering it, it has to be a chemistry thing. Which is not always easy to figure out, unfortunately. Smart move keeping her. I wish I would have done the same. She was a perfectly healthy beautiful fish. The worst part was going back to the LFS and seeing her in a pathetic state. Diseased. She ended up dying there. If I had a quarantine tank, I would have taken her back and brought her back to health. So, the moral of the story...learn from my mistake ;)

Its ok. The brain has been PO'd for a couple months now. Its not dying, it just isn't all happy and puffy like it used to be. Hopefully it will recover sometime soon.

If it's not a critter bothering it, it has to be a chemistry thing. Which is not always easy to figure out, unfortunately. Smart move keeping her. I wish I would have done the same. She was a perfectly healthy beautiful fish. The worst part was going back to the LFS and seeing her in a pathetic state. Diseased. She ended up dying there. If I had a quarantine tank, I would have taken her back and brought her back to health. So, the moral of the story...learn from my mistake ;)

Its not your fault, Gena! Open brain corals are worth more than a coral beauty so I see where you were coming from returning her. I hate to see my brain coral in that state so its a hard choice if the fish is really the one to blame. Its not your fault the LFS didn't care for the fish properly when you took it back.

If its a chemistry thing, I can't sort it out because all the params I test are fine. I'm at a loss as to what the issue could be besides the coral beauty.

Heeeeey. I've been out of the loops. Nice photo update. That 3 mouthed ric is awesome! And great photos from Tahoe. I want to go snowmobiling really badly. I like your new sig too. I know it's not really new anymore but I keep forgetting to tell you haha. Oh and sorry about the acans. Ever figure out what happened?

Heeeeey. I've been out of the loops. Nice photo update. That 3 mouthed ric is awesome! And great photos from Tahoe. I want to go snowmobiling really badly. I like your new sig too. I know it's not really new anymore but I keep forgetting to tell you haha. Oh and sorry about the acans. Ever figure out what happened?

Thanks! And you should definitely go snowmobiling sometime. It was a lot of fun! And now, I'm still stumped about what caused all my acans to just up and melt.

In other bad news, my starry blenny jumped. I don't even know how he managed it because there are only a few little gaps around equipment that aren't covered by my glass lid. I found him dried up on the floor last night. I hate losing fish. :( I guess I had been having too good of luck with them in the new tank for it to last. I also haven't seen the YWG in a while, but that may not mean anything. One of the brittle stars stole his cave from him, so he moved to the back corner of the tank where its hard for me to see him. Hopefully he's still back there doing ok.

surgicalsense
Oh ok. Why did Gena get rid of the blasto?

She wanted to make some room in her tank and I have the room :D

Archived