Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

Awesom update!!!!!! I love the new additions!!!!!! Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to have you back? :happy:

Sounds like you've had some amazing growth. FTS...when you can!!!!!

Thanks, Gena! Its good to be back. I'll try not to completely disappear again even if I get really busy. I've got a FTS on my agenda for tonight. I also plan to take some photos of individual corals and put them side by side with pictures from right after I got them to show you guys some of the awesome growth. I was looking at some old photos and didn't realize how much bigger a few things were. I think it will be fun to see in photos with dates :D

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So awesome! Glad your back and well!

Also happy the tank is doing well!

Thanks, Randi! Its good to be back. I'm just so behind on everything now!

Very nice update. I called dibs on chalice frags though. :lol:

Thanks! And sure thing. They're only a few eyes so it might be a while until they're big enough to frag, but when they are they're yours :D I just have to keep track of this stuff. Gena's got dibs on the first duncan frag.

Welcome back!

The new corals look great

Thanks! How are you?

Getting the camera out now...lots of photos coming in a couple hours... :ninja:

:lol: Nope!

I just pissed off some coral and made the water kind of cloudy cleaning the glass for pictures, so I'm going to wait 30 min for everything to settle and open back up before taking photos. Then it will take me a while to upload them all. I'm going to try to do a video too.

Love your new chalices! They are one of my favorites, I have 2 on order with a group buy, and I just bought my first one the other day. Cant wait to see side by sides of growth! :)

Love your new chalices! They are one of my favorites, I have 2 on order with a group buy, and I just bought my first one the other day. Cant wait to see side by sides of growth! :)

Yeah, I think i'm totally hooked on chalices now. I can't wait to see the ones you're getting. I'm working on the side by sides now and its taking me forever to dig through my thread and find photos for comparison.

Finally time for the photo and video update! omgomgomg

First a new FTS:

IMG_0646-2.jpg

Some top-down shots:

IMG_0694-1.jpg

IMG_0690-1.jpg

IMG_0688-1.jpg

Blue light only:

IMG_0702-1.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

Critters:

Scarlett

IMG_0629-1.jpg

Rhett

IMG_0586-1.jpg

June hosting the zoas and palys.

IMG_0613.jpg

Johnny and June. June took a break from the zoas and was hosting the rics for a few moments.

IMG_0568.jpg

Nano serpent star

IMG_0667.jpg

Nano red brittle star

IMG_0669-1.jpg

Corals:

Tyree LE Miami Hurricane Chalice

IMG_0626.jpg

Ric garden

IMG_0528.jpg

Ok, so now its time for some coral growth comparisons!

Alien Eye Chalice

Previously:

35bcqp5.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0518.jpg

Lavender Lace Duncan

Previously:

IMG_1067-1.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0539.jpg

Green star polyps

Previously:

2rqiybq.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0530.jpg

Xenia

Previously:

16iv28i.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0599.jpg

Bali Green Slimer

Previously:

IMG_0166-1.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

Sour Apple Birdsnest

Previously:

IMG_0099-1.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0547.jpg

Green Monti

Previously:

IMG_0094-1.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0536.jpg

Zoas and Palys

Previously:

2exlhxh.jpg

1qit7n.jpg

28urmw.jpg

30libl2.jpg

IMG_0269-1.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Spirofucci

Welcome back! Wow!!! Everything looks so nice and healthy. Gotta love those new chalice's!!!!!

Welcome back. I have an update too! I found a yellow collar with bumble bees for Bogi the cat finally at my local Petsmart. And a yellow ceramic bowl to match. He's a very co-ordinated kitty now. ;) Hope Lily is doing well, tank is looking sharp.

surgicalsense

Wow Felicia your tank is really filling out wonderfully. I can not wait to see your tank completely matured. Love the zoa rock :happy:

Gena's got dibs on the first duncan frag.

:happydance:

I'll have ricordeas for you too :)

Everything looks amazing!!!!! Just wait until Joel gets a look at those chalices...he's going to be drooling :)

I just watche the videos....very nice :) That bristle star is so cool. How big do they get?

ScubaEthan

Holy sheets. That's a lot of growth! The new FTS is great. Your tank has done amazing and just started in September? Kudos.

Welcome back! Wow!!! Everything looks so nice and healthy. Gotta love those new chalice's!!!!!

Thank you sir! :D I think I've got a new addiction to chalices. I decided they were the way to go since the one I have seems to love my tank. Every time I look at it closely it has multiple new eyes. If these new ones grow anywhere near as fast as that one, they'll be decent sized in no time.

Welcome back. I have an update too! I found a yellow collar with bumble bees for Bogi the cat finally at my local Petsmart. And a yellow ceramic bowl to match. He's a very co-ordinated kitty now. Hope Lily is doing well, tank is looking sharp.

Awww, so cute! You'll have to post a photo of him eating out of his yellow bowl while wearing the cute collar. Lily is doing great! She turns 2 in a couple weeks. I took a few photos of her last night, so I'll post those in a few minutes.

Wow Felicia your tank is really filling out wonderfully. I can not wait to see your tank completely matured. Love the zoa rock

Thank you Danielle! The zoa rock is my favorite area in the tank right now. Its getting to the point where its just solid coral and you can't hardly see the rock underneath. I think it looks so cool when tanks fill in like that. Now if I only I can get some other parts to fill in as nicely.

I'll have ricordeas for you too :)

Everything looks amazing!!!!! Just wait until Joel gets a look at those chalices...he's going to be drooling

I just watche the videos....very nice :) That bristle star is so cool. How big do they get?

Yay ricordeas! You have some absolutely gorgeous ones, so I'll be excited for that. :D I figure Joel will appreciate the new chalices. Gotta do something to keep the fiance interested ;):lol:

I LOVE my 2 red bristle stars! You should definitely get one or two if you're interested. The website says the max size is 1" diameter body with 6" legs. They call them nano because they try to ship them when they're 1/4" diameter body and 2" legs, but mine were quite a bit bigger than that. I think both of mine are about 3/4" diameter with 3-4" legs. Even at the size mine are they don't seem all that big. I bet you could comfortably add one to your tank. They're actually surprisingly active, especially at feeding time. The one I was messing with in the video had managed to climb up to the top of the tank so it could eat the flake food right off the surface of the water. Talk about a greedy/smart starfish :lol:

Holy sheets. That's a lot of growth! The new FTS is great. Your tank has done amazing and just started in September? Kudos.

Thanks Ethan! And yep, I set up the 10 gallon at the beginning of September and then moved into the 30 gallon at the end of January. So the tank is like 8 months old. I honestly can't believe the growth on some things. I hadn't realized the bali green slimer had grown so much until I started looking at older photos last night. That frag has only been in my tank for a couple months and its doubled in size. I've definitely had a few corals decide they don't like my tank for unknown reasons, but the ones that like it seem to really like it :D

Here's a much needed Lily update. I took these last night while I was messing with the tank because she was hanging out watching what I was doing.

Lily lounging on her kitty tower while I messed with the tank.

IMG_0493.jpg

Being pretty and usual :)

IMG_0511.jpg

"Felicia, you've spent way too long fiddling with that stupid tank. I'm bored of watching, so I'm going to take a nap and use my cardboard scratcher as a pillow." - Lily

IMG_0638.jpg

Superb tank, and great growth! You have done a great job with that.

Why, thank you! Its definitely had a few ups and downs, but I'm really happy with it right now. Do you have a tank thread?

Nice update, both fish and Lilly. :)

I'm not dead!

Thanks, Joel! Good to see you're alive. Its ok, I've been really MIA as well.

Oh, and Lily would like me to tell you that her name only has 2 L's, not 3 :P

:lol:

I knew that :)

It's great to see Lily....the cutest cat on N-R again!!!!!!! I think we need a video of her exploring the tank again :happy:

:lol:

I knew that :)

It's great to see Lily....the cutest cat on N-R again!!!!!!! I think we need a video of her exploring the tank again :happy:

I'll have to let her know you said that. She sure loves to be the center of attention. If I hadn't put music on the videos I added last night, you would hear her meowing insistently in the background. She doesn't take much interest at all in the aquarium unless I'm messing with it because she thinks she should be the center of my attention instead :lol:

I'll try to get a video of her if I catch her messing with it sometime soon. I did have the lid off yesterday when I was floating the bags with the new chalices and she wanted to see what I was doing, so she kept acting like she was going to jump up on the tank. I kept having to yell at her not to because she's used to the lid being on and would have jumped right into the tank. :lol:

Archived