SaltCritters.com

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

Ok great. Its been added to my sig!

You guys all rock so hard!

Joel for making the sig, and sharing his attack plans with me, and you ladies for posting in in your sig!

I appreciate it! :happy:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys all rock so hard!

Joel for making the sig, and sharing his attack plans with me, and you ladies for posting in in your sig!

I appreciate it! :happy:

You're very welcome! You guys helped my photo win, so of course I'll return the favor. Plus, Poe is my favorite :D

Wow!!!!! Beautiful pieces!!!!!

I bet you the clowns will host in the flowerpot. They seriously cannot resist them :lol:

Thanks Gena. I'm really happy with this new stuff. The flowerpot is a small frag right now, so it may not be big enough for the clowns, but maybe when it gets bigger they'll decide to host it.

Ok, so I finally got around to doing my water change that I was supposed to do on Sunday. In terms of my parameters, I can definitely go longer than a week between water changes, but I think I should try to stick to weekly until the cyano outbreak is cleared up. I thought I was making progress with it because it was clearing up in the main area it was in, but now that area is mostly clear and its spread all over other parts of the tank. What a pain :angry:

But anyways, I finally dosed the red slime remover and I'll be doing a full parameter check (including Magnesium with my new test kit) when I get home this evening. I'll also be taking lots of photos as I keep promising. You guys will just have to ignore the cyano.

I went diving today!

I went diving at Whalers Cove in Point Lobos State Natural Reserve in Carmel, CA today with a couple friends. Here are some of the photos I took using my new camera in its new waterproof housing. :D

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

A feather duster.

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Cabezon.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0601-1.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

Feather dusters

IMG_0664.jpg

Nudibranch

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Nudibranch

LobosPicture.jpg

Me and my new camera

On the way home we stopped at an artichoke stand for some deep fried artichokes fresh from the farm. Sooo yummy!

FriedArtichoke.jpg

ArtichokeTruck.jpg

ArtichokeField.jpg

ooooo aaaaahh on the new corals.

Nice diving photos too! I was happy to discover those big round furry feather dusters when I was out there. I had never seen those before and they're really cool. I think Christmas Trees are still my favorite though. I was surprised to see them in cold water.

Wow...beauiful dive photos!!!!! I love the kelp..it's so cool.

I read on yahoo that you guys had an earthquake this morning. Did you feel it?

Nice diving photos too! I was happy to discover those big round furry feather dusters when I was out there. I had never seen those before and they're really cool. I think Christmas Trees are still my favorite though. I was surprised to see them in cold water.

Thanks Ethan! I saw a lot more of the feather dusters than usual this dive. They were hard to get a decent shot of without them seeing the camera and sucking into their tube.

You look really happy :) I'm glad you had fun!

Thanks! Yeah, I had a really great time because it was a perfect day for diving. It was 70 and sunny on Sunday and the visibility in the water was amazing. Granted the water was a very chilly 48 F, but its never much warmer than that there.

Wow...beauiful dive photos!!!!! I love the kelp..it's so cool.

I read on yahoo that you guys had an earthquake this morning. Did you feel it?

Those pictures are amazing!
Awesome Dive Photos!

Boo on the Earthquake! Hope all is well!

Thanks guys! The visibility was awesome on Sunday so I was able to get some decent photos. Plus my new camera is much better than my old one. And yeah, Gena, the kelp is so cool to swim through. Its such a different feel than a tropical reef.

I did feel the earthquake this morning. There were actually 2 of them a few seconds apart centered just north of where I live. The second one was a 4.0 at like 5:30 am and woke me up. Lily freaked out and went running around trying to figure out what had happened, and I of course got up and had to go check on the aquarium before I could go back to sleep :lol: Luckily nothing fell over or got broken, although my apartment building sure moved quite a bit. That was the strongest earthquake I've felt since I moved to CA.

I would have been too freaked out after everything moving like that to fall back asleep! But I can laugh at the crazy freaked look on the cat! They are so silly when scared!

I would have been too freaked out after everything moving like that to fall back asleep! But I can laugh at the crazy freaked look on the cat! They are so silly when scared!

I was so exhausted from getting up at 5 am on Saturday and then spending the whole day diving that I am surprised the earthquake even woke me up. Once I saw that the fish tank was ok, I fell right back to sleep. Lily was definitely funny when she freaked out, and then she was all riled up and couldn't go back to sleep so she was tearing around the house and jumping on me until I got up at like 8. The earthquake didn't knock anything over, but aftershock Lily knocked over a few things afterwards :lol:

Aftershock Lilly! :lol: Worse then the earthquake!

Yep! She's quite the character.

Btw, I like your new sig with Poe :)

+1 it would be cool if you put "candy land" on a candy heart too.

HAHA I saved the photoshop layers and the sig separate so I can edit it if I don't like something. I like it for now, getting the birdsnest to blend and the words where they are was frustrating enough. I am a physical artist, like pencil and paper, this whole drawing/layers thing irritates me! Poor A was trying to help and I was getting snippy -_- , so I stepped back and let him show me. Went A LOT faster that way. :lol:

I did do all the hard stuff though, he just showed me where to find it. ;)

HAHA I saved the photoshop layers and the sig separate so I can edit it if I don't like something. I like it for now, getting the birdsnest to blend and the words where they are was frustrating enough. I am a physical artist, like pencil and paper, this whole drawing/layers thing irritates me! Poor A was trying to help and I was getting snippy -_- , so I stepped back and let him show me. Went A LOT faster that way. :lol:

I did do all the hard stuff though, he just showed me where to find it. ;)

Well I'm impressed because I don't like trying to do much of anything complicated in Photoshop. My current sig was mostly created using PowerPoint :lol:

Well I'm impressed because I don't like trying to do much of anything complicated in Photoshop. My current sig was mostly created using PowerPoint :lol:

Ha I love PP! So much fun!

IDK I have to play more in PS I just don't ever have the time to just play in it. But the birdsnest is a completely different picture on a new layer and the words are their own layer as well. So many different "LAYERS" makes me go WTF. :huh:

Yeah, that's my issue is that I never have the time to just play around with it a bunch. PPT works great if you're just trying to put words on top of a photo without too much editing. But yeah once its multiple photos you've got to switch to PS with the layers. Confusing...

I told you, just let me know what you want and I'll make you one. :)

Take him up on it! ;)

I love that decorator crab though he is so cute!

I will. I just need to decide what I want my new signature to be. I really like my decorator crab signature for now, but maybe I'll think of something cooler soon.

I would have been too freaked out after everything moving like that to fall back asleep!

+1

I've only felt baby earthquakes and I don't like them one bit!!!!!

Aftershock Lilly! :lol: Worse then the earthquake!

Too funny :lol:

Felicia...I just noticed you made your sig smaller. Did you do that today????

+1

I've only felt baby earthquakes and I don't like them one bit!!!!!

Yeah they're definitely unsettling, but there hasn't been one big enough to really be scary. Plus by the time I process what's going on they're over.

Felicia...I just noticed you made your sig smaller. Did you do that today????

I did it about a week ago.

Archived