• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go switch mine to that. My current schedule is:

11:00 am - RB on

12:00 pm - White on

9:00 pm - White off

10:00 pm - RB off

Its probably way too long now that I think about it and I'm not here during the day anyway, so its not like it'll bother me being dark later into the day.

Hey Felicia....when and if the brain dies don't take it out....glue a monti to it for it to encrust over....sweet

Hmmm, fun idea! Coral skeletons depress me though. Its such a sad dead thing :(

It'll cover soon....plus real reefs do this...monti shaped like a scoly...gnar

True. I'll do it if I have enough space when I try to add the new frags. The open brain skeleton takes up a ton of space and I need to put my new birdsnest and stylophora on the rock it's been sitting on.

I totally just realized that the current FTS and video I have up don't even have my SPS frags in them. I apparently should have taken updated ones last night when I was taking pictures. Silly me! But, I'm getting my new frags tonight (they're even getting delivered to me :D ), so I'll post photos of the new stuff and a new FTS and video as soon as I get a chance. Tonight is Breaking Bad and wine night with my friends, so if I have time to get the photos before I leave for that I will, otherwise it will be sometime tomorrow.

Oh, and my light cycle has officially been changed to:

1:30 pm - Blues on

2:00 pm - Whites on

10:00 pm - Whites off

10:30 pm - Blues off

I totally stole your cycle for now, Joel. Thanks! :flower:

Sounds fun, and you didn't steal it, it was going to be half yours anyways. :lol:

I caught up on the walking dead btw. You told me to let you know. :)

Sounds fun, and you didn't steal it, it was going to be half yours anyways. :lol:

True :D

I caught up on the walking dead btw. You told me to let you know. :)

Yay! Now if I say something about it, I won't spoil anything. What'd you think?

I liked it. (editing to not needless spoil anything for others) I did find that Dale's suspicion about Shane was so easily believed by all who heard it. It's not that I like Shane (I don't) but the chain of events didn't make logical sense to me.

I also like that Rick is apparently a lot more gritty.

I liked it. (editing to not needless spoil anything for others) I did find that Dale's suspicion about Shane was so easily believed by all who heard it. It's not that I like Shane (I don't) but the chain of events didn't make logical sense to me.

I also like that Rick is apparently a lot more gritty.

I completely agree. It was like Dale somehow magically figure out what Shane did and then with no proof everyone believed him. Although honestly I can't stand Shane lately so if they figure out what a jerk he is, that's all for the good.

And I'm totally with you about Rick. I'm glad he finally grew a pair. :D

Yeah, I'm so relieved the YWG is all healed up now. I was really worried about him for a bit because after he got stuck in the overflow box he was so stressed and it got way worse. Once he got settled again and started eating, it slowly healed.

Oh, and you don't see any cyano because I spent 20 minutes picking all of it out by hand before I took photos. Its already back in force this morning -_- My red slime remover is on its way though.

If it was the same thing mine (and others) have had at least we know it is curable. I bet it wasn't the same thing though. Seems once they have it they are toast :( Yours probably did just injure himself in the move :)

Great job cleaning the cyano....I couldn't even tell it was an issue.

If it was the same thing mine (and others) have had at least we know it is curable. I bet it wasn't the same thing though. Seems once they have it they are toast :( Yours probably did just injure himself in the move :)

Great job cleaning the cyano....I couldn't even tell it was an issue.

Yeah, I doubt it was the same thing. I think he must have just scraped his nose on a rock or something when I was trying to catch him with the net. Luckily he seems to be back to his healthy self. Unfortunately him and the pistol shrimp never paired back up. I know where both their burrow are and see them all the time but they apparently couldn't find one another.

If I took a photo right now you'd see cyano again. It comes back overnight and I just keep manually removing it.

Looks great girl!

Sorry about the brain, apparently they don't like you like Yumas hate me.

The baby is coloring back up from stark white but momma is slowly dying, IDFK they are in the same kind of flow and etc.

Kat wow! Did you tell the doctor about the palythoas? Hope they figure it out, and quick.

My cyano actually looks better today VS yesterday after a WC and a manual removal via scrubbing and rinsing rocks that were bad. Hoping I can get this one with the WC and GFO. I went the chemical route with the flatworm exit and it went well, I just don't want to push my luck. Just remember to do a good WC and remove every piece you see then treat.

Giant PITA. :angry:

I don't know what the deal is with the brain because the brain I've had for a couple months is still puffy and happy as usual. This is why I'm so baffled as to what is wrong because whatever is killing the newer brain coral isn't bothering anything else.

And yes, cyano is a serious PITA.

But in good new, I have new coral :happydance: I don't have time for pictures cause I'm headed to a bar to meet my friends and then its Breaking Bad/Wine night :D But look forward to photos tomorrow. I got:

1) Rainbow monti

2) Tyree sunset monti

3) Purple stylophora

4) Purple polyp birdsnest

5) Red Hornit Zoa (2 polyps- one polyp was a freebie)

6) 2 blue speckled purple mushrooms (freebies!)

7) Neon green cloves (freebies!)

I'll definitely try to get some photos of the new stuff tomorrow.

Were partway through season 2. Like right after the Tuco kidnapping incident.

Haha, Mark, I won't tell you how much I paid. They're tiny little frags though, so they definitely shouldn't have been too expensive. I feel bad for you guys that live somewhere where there isn't a big reefing community. Once I start fragging my coras, I'd love to trade for things so that we can increase our coral diversity without spending a ton of money :D

a chia pet turf algae problem at the same time

:lol:

Oh, and you don't see any cyano because I spent 20 minutes picking all of it out by hand before I took photos. Its already back in force this morning -_- My red slime remover is on its way though.

haha we can make our tanks look real good for some quick photos. We are probably all guilty of that.

Love the photo update. You have so many bright colors and great specimens.

In other news, I finally got to dive in a kelp forest :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

But I may have ear damage from trying to dive with a sinus infection :(

:lol:

haha we can make our tanks look real good for some quick photos. We are probably all guilty of that.

Love the photo update. You have so many bright colors and great specimens.

In other news, I finally got to dive in a kelp forest :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

But I may have ear damage from trying to dive with a sinus infection :(

Yeah, I refuse to take photos with the cyano everywhere. Yuck! Glad you liked the photos :D

I'm so glad you got to go diving! What did you think of the kelp forests compared to tropical diving? Did you see any seals or sea lions? Anything really cool? Sorry to hear about your ear. I have a ton of allergy/sinus issues to I'd hardly ever get to dive if I cancelled because of that. I always take Sudaphed like 20 minutes before the dive and it fixes the issue. Hopefully you're ear isn't too damaged and will feel better in a couple days.

Your scape went from pretty good to bada$$! Man, I miss a lot of stuff here and there.

Hey Joe! Glad to see you back active on N-R today :D You have missed quite a bit with my tank since there was the recent move into the 30 gallon. It probably won't change much at all now since I'm really happy with it (except the red cyano I'm trying to eradicate right now :angry: ) and its pretty full already.

... psst.

shark

tumblr_lv32j01rCN1qa6lp8.gif

basicfisherman
The first time you posted dive pictured made me look at cold water tanks, and now again. :lol: looks like an amazing time. :) I'm glad conditions were good for you.

No idea on the gills, the only time I've seen flared gills is if a fish is pissed or holding like in cichlids. If he's breathing fine I wouldn't worry too much.

Or a walleye when your trying to take the hook out of it's mouth! :)

Archived