Top Shelf Aquatics

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

Yeah, I refuse to take photos with the cyano everywhere. Yuck! Glad you liked the photos :D

I'm so glad you got to go diving! What did you think of the kelp forests compared to tropical diving? Did you see any seals or sea lions? Anything really cool? Sorry to hear about your ear. I have a ton of allergy/sinus issues to I'd hardly ever get to dive if I cancelled because of that. I always take Sudaphed like 20 minutes before the dive and it fixes the issue. Hopefully you're ear isn't too damaged and will feel better in a couple days.

It was beeaauutiful! Someone had a good analogy: diving in the Caribbean or other tropical waters is like going to your beach house while diving in California is like going to your mountain house... may not be hot and sunny but still beautiful in it's own way.

Lots of sea lions and some harbor seals, but only while on the boat. Oh well. Just means I have to go back ;) The kelp was the highlight. Those spanish shawls are so cool. And some sharks, horn sharks I think. :D

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was beeaauutiful! Someone had a good analogy: diving in the Caribbean or other tropical waters is like going to your beach house while diving in California is like going to your mountain house... may not be hot and sunny but still beautiful in it's own way.

Lots of sea lions and some harbor seals, but only while on the boat. Oh well. Just means I have to go back ;) The kelp was the highlight. Those spanish shawls are so cool. And some sharks, horn sharks I think. :D

I had to google Horn Shark. They look harmless enough!!!!! :happy:

Hi, Felicia *waves* Does Lily forgive me????? -_-

I really like that analogy! I love diving out here even if it is cold. I'm actually going diving in Point Lobos State Reserve in Carmel, CA (central CA) this Sunday. Sounds like you some some awesome stuff even without seeing the seals or sea lions. You'll just have to come back some time. The harbor seals are much more friendly and curious about divers, so they're the really fun ones to run into because they'll follow you around and come up and tug on your fins and stuff. I had one come all the way up in my face and tap his nose on the lens of my camera out of curiosity. They're so cute!

I had to google Horn Shark. They look harmless enough!!!!! :happy:

Hi, Felicia *waves* Does Lily forgive me????? -_-

Yeah horn sharks are pretty harmless. I've seen quite a few small ones while diving.

Of course Lily forgives you. I was just teasing :D How could Lily not forgive you since you're always saying she's the cutest cat on N-R?

I really like that analogy! I love diving out here even if it is cold. I'm actually going diving in Point Lobos State Reserve in Carmel, CA (central CA) this Sunday. Sounds like you some some awesome stuff even without seeing the seals or sea lions. You'll just have to come back some time. The harbor seals are much more friendly and curious about divers, so they're the really fun ones to run into because they'll follow you around and come up and tug on your fins and stuff. I had one come all the way up in my face and tap his nose on the lens of my camera out of curiosity. They're so cute!

Yeah I'm not really even that upset about not seeing them underwater cause I saw so much other stuff. But someone else on the boat had that fin-tugging experience with a harbor seal. Oh well.

Yeah I'm not really even that upset about not seeing them underwater cause I saw so much other stuff. But someone else on the boat had that fin-tugging experience with a harbor seal. Oh well.

Seeing them on the surface is almost as entertaining anyway. Plus, you can't complain about having an excuse to come back to CA sometime and do more diving. If you're ever here on vacation, I'd recommend doing one of the weekend long liveaboard trips out of LA harbor. I've been out on the Great Escape for weekend trips twice now and its an awesome diving experience.

Yeah horn sharks are pretty harmless. I've seen quite a few small ones while diving.

Of course Lily forgives you. I was just teasing :D How could Lily not forgive you since you're always saying she's the cutest cat on N-R?

I've never dove there but I'm sure it will be beautiful...and cold!

Keep a look out for golf balls and sea otters.

I've never dove there but I'm sure it will be beautiful...and cold!

Keep a look out for golf balls and sea otters.

I've been diving at Point Lobos and couple times and its gorgeous. Its an underwater reserve so there are no boats allowed and they only let it 15 teams of divers a day, so it stays really pristine. Its also nice not to have the place crowded with divers like some other places around there.

That might be a little far to hit a ball from Pebble Beach, but I'll keep and eye out. And we usually see otters and seals there :D

I wanna dive lol

Get certified! You'd love it!

Can I get some pictures of Kes's coral? I don't want to string him on and I'd like to see them in your tank. Everything looks great I just want to see it in another tank.

Sorry Joel! I totally forgot you needed pictures and ive been being lazy about taking them. I'll snap some later tonight when I get home.

Is this the guy I almost bought clove polyps from? He was a nice guy in correspondence!

If he is the same guy, I more than agree. And he has a beautiful tank.

If he is the same guy, I more than agree. And he has a beautiful tank.

I didn't see his tank! He had a huge list of corals for sale though (if it's the same guy) :)

I didn't see his tank! He had a huge list of corals for sale though (if it's the same guy) :)

Right now I have (all montipora) rainbow, sunset, grinch, pokerstar, and superman along with two other tyree SPS reserved. If it can't come down in price I'm going to ask if there could be freebies added then. I'm just not comfortable with the price as is for 7 small frags.

Right now I have (all montipora) rainbow, sunset, grinch, pokerstar, and superman along with two other tyree SPS reserved. If it can't come down in price I'm going to ask if there could be freebies added then. I'm just not comfortable with the price as is for 7 small frags.

Awesome list! I've had and loveed rainbow, sunset and superman. I hope you work something out and they are in your tank asap :)

Hmmn good luck with the buys Joel...but maybe you should a just flown out to meet Felicia and get the monti frags off her...her new profile pic speaks words in vivid colors lol :P

Hmmn good luck with the buys Joel...but maybe you should a just flown out to meet Felicia and get the monti frags off her...her new profile pic speaks words in vivid colors lol :P

:lol: we actually joked about that in a PM. Yes, we PM :P

Yay!!!! I have a helper in getting these two together ;)

One of these days...you two :happy:

Wow. So I go to dinner with a friend and I get crazy behind in my own thread. Now I know how Joel must feel all the time :P

Ok so...

1) Brad, you are my new favorite person. Thank you for all the compliments :flower:

2) Gena, the guy Joel is talking to is not the same guy you spoke to about the cloves. They're both great and are the two people I've bought from locally. Gena, you talked to Micah who is where I got the bali slimer, sour apple birdsnest, etc. a few weeks ago. He is also the one who was so awesome with letting me know about the potential monti pest (which thankfully did not end up in my tank!).

Joel is talking to Kes who I purchased some stuff from back when I first set up the 10 gallon. He has a gorgeous tank that has been running since like the 80's. Its really impressive.

3) Joel, how much is Kes wanting for the stuff you're getting? His frags are definitely small, but he had some things that I can't find at the LFS so I decided it was worth it. Plus I'm running out of space anyway and I'll just be patient and wait for them to grow. He cut me a decent deal though for buying multiple things and he said he'd do the same for you. Hopefully you two can settle on a price. Oh, and did he tell you about how he packs frags? He does an awesome job and I'd totally trust his stuff in shipping because of that. Oh, and your pictures are coming. My camera battery is charging for a bit first. You're going to get awesome in the tank macro's of the frags because I want to try out the new waterproof housing for my new camera before I go diving with it this weekend :D

4) You guys just think you're the matchmakers of N-R don't you? :P

I'll pm you the number, until it's final I don't want it to be public.

He even showed me pictures, I'm very impressed with him and his experience shows. :)

I'll pm you the number, until it's final I don't want it to be public.

He even showed me pictures, I'm very impressed with him and his experience shows. :)

Ok. Sounds good. :)

Archived