Coral Vue Hydros

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
felicia...im not jordan...i know...haha

I should have separated the two sentences. The "Oh Brad" was for you cause you crack me up. The statement about position was in case we were confusing poor Jordan :D

Guys I'm not an uncultured swine <_<

Nothing to do with culture!

I did not kill your thread, I simply broke it.

Ok fine. Joel broke my thread beyond repair. That better? :P

woah....you did friend me....joel you better get on that bro...trip to cali haha jk jk srry

jordan...your like the token teenager...kinda like the token short guy...or the token.....nvm

surgicalsense
For my sake can you at least pretend you're an innocent young kid? I'm wondering what high school has come to nowadays. This conversation would have totally lost me when I was 15.

It has come to crap. I am fussing and fussing with the LAUSD right now with my son. I am lucky my daughter is in a excellent charter school for now. However, he is also very responsible for his grades too.

woah....you did friend me....joel you better get on that bro...trip to cali haha jk jk srry

jordan...your like the token teenager...kinda like the token short guy...or the token.....nvm

:happy:

It has come to crap. I am fussing and fussing with the LAUSD right now with my son. I am lucky my daughter is in a excellent charter school for now. However, he is also very responsible for his grades too.

I don't know a ton about the LA schools, but I bet the charter school is much better. That's great that your son is being responsible for his grades though. :)

How did I miss this the first time?! I'm torn about whether or not to take that as a compliment or scold you for being inappropriate :lol:

surgicalsense

Well that is not the case, he knows what is expected of him. This is where he and the school fall short. Ty knows what we expect and he has the resources around him for help if needed. The school isn't helping him, he is a number there. We are blue in the face with him and honestly if I could send him to military school, I would.

One of my cousins is in public school in southern CA and my aunt has has the same struggle with him all the way through. My cousin ended up doing ROTC which I think helped him quite a bit because of the discipline. He also ended up loving it and they require them to keep their grades up to stay in the program, so its good motivation too.

How did I miss this the first time?! I'm torn about whether or not to take that as a compliment or scold you for being inappropriate :lol:

Probably a healthy mixture of both. :D

surgicalsense
One of my cousins is in public school in southern CA and my aunt has has the same struggle with him all the way through. My cousin ended up doing ROTC which I think helped him quite a bit because of the discipline. He also ended up loving it and they require them to keep their grades up to stay in the program, so its good motivation too.

That was one of our plans :)

how do I do that?

Click "My Controls" near the top of the page, then go to "Board Settings" and it's one of the last options.

----------

Felicia, how was your hot date?

Felicia, how was your hot date?

I hope it went well!!!!! I don't think you were around all weekend....hopefully that's a good sign :happy:

Looking forward to some tank updates too!!!!

I hope it went well!!!!! I don't think you were around all weekend....hopefully that's a good sign :happy:

Looking forward to some tank updates too!!!!

;) hope you had a good time!

PICS! :P

Sorry for being MIA this weekend guys! My friends decided to go out bar crawling Friday night, I had a bunch of errands to run Saturday, then Saturday night we went out in San Francisco and I didn't get home until 4:30 am, then Sunday I slept in really late and then had a date, so I wasn't on my computer much at all. Then yesterday I spent the day recovering from the busy weekend :lol:

The weekend was a ton of fun and the date went pretty well. He took me to the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco which of course was right up my alley. :lol: It was only the 2nd date though, so hard to tell yet if its going anywhere. But anyways, tank stuff...

The tank seems to be doing ok for the most part. I'm seeing no improvement in the angry open brain though. It just looks exactly the same everyday. Also, I'm still having issues with PE on my SPS frags because the microbubbles still haven't gone away, ugh! Oh, and the cyano is still pretty bad but it seems like it might be getting a little better fingerscrossed. I'm going to do a water change tonight and afterwards I'll try to post a few photos if things are looking decent. The tank is just not being overly cooperative at the moment so I'm a bit frustrated with it and not wanting to share pictures of it looking crappy. I'm hoping its just in that stage where it takes a while to get stable since its still so new.

surgicalsense

I think I am still recovering from the last 10 years :P ... have fun and stay level headed. It will show itself sooner or later, you catch my drift ;)

You know my cyno has cleared up a little bit since I have new lighting. Thinking, thinking, I wonder. I am sure you have enough par going on?

You know my cyno has cleared up a little bit since I have new lighting. Thinking, thinking, I wonder. I am sure you have enough par going on?

I've got my LEDs now which are pretty darn bright and my tank isn't that deep, so I should have more than enough PAR. I'm honestly thinking its just because the tank is so new and everything is not 100% stable yet. I'm hoping just keeping up with my water changes will eventually wipe it out. Otherwise I'll try red slime remover and dosing magnesium like Joel's been doing.

Man I am having Cyano issues as well!

I am really considering the red slime remover as I am sick of siphoning it out. I know it was from the overfeeding, but there should be no reason for it now as I am no longer over feeding.....

Oh well maybe when I get done picking up the frags from the other local tomorrow I will do another WC......

Man I am having Cyano issues as well!

I am really considering the red slime remover as I am sick of siphoning it out. I know it was from the overfeeding, but there should be no reason for it now as I am no longer over feeding.....

Oh well maybe when I get done picking up the frags from the other local tomorrow I will do another WC......

Ugh! Why do we all have cyano right now? The reef gods must be angry with us for something :lol:

At least you have an idea what caused yours. I'm still stumped because I feel like I overfeed (I'm trying to stuff the coral beauty to the point where she doesn't nip at my coral) but every time I test I have 0 amm, nitrates, and nitrites. I'm just going to try fixing it with lots of WC's. Hopefully that works for you too.

Archived