ReefCleaners.org

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a hobbyist, but he has some cool lenses. These pictures were taken from my camera actually, just an old canon rebel xti. I guess he knew what settings work.

oh hey newman, you can see the bird in the back of one of those pics!

Mr. Coral has long since been pushing my buttons with his magenta lit coral frag pics. I finally gave in to his marketing efforts and placed an order. All is not well (already) in Mr. Coral land but I placed the order well aware of the issues around this vendor. I just hope that the frags I get are what I picked will keep you posted.

My order:

tangerine_dream.jpgreal_nice.jpgfile_610_67.jpgreal_deal_superman.jpgreally_nice_blue.jpgred_goni.jpgrainbow_monti.jpgORA_spongodes.jpgwarfrag.jpg

LOVE the colors! Good luck!

Mine do this spaz dance when Changa nips Chimi he goes into this seizure/dance looks like he is twitching!

Love it the Female is a bit of a B when it comes to food and etc, tells her poor guy what to do all the time! ;)

I love the goofyness of the clowns!

Question on feeding the baby O's:

I'm broadcast feeding cyclopeez daily and new life spectrum crustacean pellets 1mm every 3rd day (mostly target feeding to select corals and the fish get it too). Occasional mysis feeding (the pieces in the frozen cube are too big for my little fish even though they go crazy for it)

For such an active fish like the clown, is cyclopeeze enough or do I need to feed more mysis?

Also: my fridge decided to go belly up on me, the mysis may have frozen/defrosted/frozen/defrosted several times. Does that mean the batch went bad?

I feed my fish freezer burned stuff and they're all still fat...

Look at their bellies. If they sink in, you know you need to feed more. But as for now, it sounds like you're doing alright.

Take this time to hand train your little o's pellets. That way you can feed every day without dropping any on the bottom of the tank to rot.

I feed my clowns their pellets with a syringe a few at a time. That way I can make sure they eat them all. I see them miss 1 or 2 in their excitement, but the hermits get that.

I have just finished 1 of 2 really freezer burnt table shrimp and they still love it, I mean go crazy. What I do is chop a tiny piece off of the shrimp and then cut it very fine, thaw it i tank water and hand feed them a piece at a time making sure they each get a few. When I feed them I usually feed the pellets for breakfast/lunch and then shrimp before bed, I feed every other day, and they have doubled in size since I got them.

Love clowns!

Very sick tank and from manhattan, yea!!

Too bad I missed the nyc meet up. There's always next time

And frag swap at Pratt in dec

I love the rock work.

Doing my nano rock work this week. Harder than I thought it was

3 rocks and it's full

-Joe

Archived