Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The images were larger but in order to see a side to side comparison I made them smaller. Here's a better size:

IMG_20111025_115502.jpg

(yes I know still have to remove the ammonia indicator)

WOW - your tank is looking fabulous.

Nice dremelling.

Thank you!

aww, thank you D.

@FI yes I'm amazed I have much more room, you can't see it from these shots but if I took more top down pictures you would see the shelves are pretty empty.

I'm just flabbergasted at the colors, they look amazing. These are PC lights. I'm not a fan of the ultra bright washed out look, I prefer areas of medium and low lights. I really hope when I upgrade the lights to LED's that I can maintain what I find appealing. The color is really courtesy that Gulf Live Rock, it came mostly purple but look at it now in just 3 months!

Very nice. Been having good luck with the birdsnest?

It's still recovering, I have polyp extension so I take that to mean it is doing alright, and there is better color on some branches. But remember I bought a frag that was bleached so if it recovers fully, it won't be that quickly.

nice tank and awesome pics,miss kat!

i'm digging those neon bobies..

M'akoy! Where have you been? Your messenger is all jammed up I ve been wanting to send a thank you message for ages. Those blue hornets looks pretty in my box! Except they're purple. :)

I'm going to change my avatar to something pink so my thread gets all the hits. Haha.

egyptian.gif

Okay, not sure if you celebrate or not... But my girlfriend is saying everyone in Delhi is partying. She spent all day yesterday making Diwali crafts and decorations with her students... She said it's going to have her in the Christmas spirit (because of the lights) for the next two months. Haha.

UH OH! Placed two orders for corals. Still have the Dec frag swap to go to and yet to buy LED's.

Oh an I still have to buy Stevie T's media basket.....

There's always something more! Tank looks great with all the macro, very homely. Where did you get your corals, what did you get?

Is homely bad? Is it the equivalent of "hot damn that looks sweet" by any chance? :rolleyes:

I placed and order with Mr. Coral. I've been stalking his site for a couple of weeks, he pushed my buttons with some of those war frag packs. I am aware of what I am getting into, both the bad and good reviews.

The order hasn't been approved yet, I think I was over zealous with his limit 1's. Plus I had a chance to order some corals that I would not spend on at my LFS because I am simply not that into them. Or so i think.

Second order is with a forum member for King midas zoas and Nuc greens. Can't wait!

Is homely bad? Is it the equivalent of "hot damn that looks sweet" by any chance? :rolleyes:

I placed and order with Mr. Coral. I've been stalking his site for a couple of weeks, he pushed my buttons with some of those war frag packs. I am aware of what I am getting into, both the bad and good reviews.

The order hasn't been approved yet, I think I was over zealous with his limit 1's. Plus I had a chance to order some corals that I would not spend on at my LFS because I am simply not that into them. Or so i think.

Second order is with a forum member for King midas zoas and Nuc greens. Can't wait!

Homely was meant as more natural and inviting, for inverts and fish.

I ordered from Mr. Coral years ago, and was happy with my order. I havnt had any of the $10 frags yet, but from the looks of it, they are a good deal. Most of them arnt encrusted yet per his pictures, so im sure they are easy to just pop the glue off the plug and then re-glue where you want.

Youre going to be happy with the king midas and nuc greens. I actually just got both yesterday, and next to each other, you can really tell the KM are gold/yellow.

^^ from Mike?

No, mine are from Tenor, bought a nice pack from him. They should all be the same though if they're sold as king midas

I saw those! I did not want to buy from a photoshopped image, do they look like what you see in the pic though? And you would be surprised at the difference between the same coral 'name' from different sellers. I have eagle eyes from 2 different people, and they have an obvious difference (both are still gorgeous btw)

I don't know enough about what would cause the morphs, I imagine it is both light and water chemistry. But I also wonder how much time they need before morphing. I have a large zoa branch (you can see it at the top of my scape) which has at least 3 morphs in the same piece. That branch would have taken a long time to get covered in zoas.

I understand what you mean about different morphs, lighting is a big part in that. But, when you buy from a reputable hobbiest seller, who collects nice named zoanthids, you will most likely be getting the "real" coral you're looking for.

All six zoa/paly I bought from tenor look just as pictured. I am very happy with his representative photos and what I received!

Now if they morph in my tank, that's on me. And would most likely be due to my LED lighting. And I would call them a king midas morph lol.

Please welcome my new baby O's.

IMG_20111030_183220.jpg

Even the tank sitter was super excited, commented: "ah, NOW you have a fish tank". :rolleyes:

These two are teeny, and so sweet. They already ate some cyclopeeze. And were on sale!

I also got my first acan! and a cluster of baby blastos.

Archived