Pod Your Reef

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Merci mademoiselle

The clowns are from Absolutely Fish in Clifton NJ (they were having a red dot sale!)

The corals they have are stunning, most are over $150 but they had amazing deals on colonies for $40 and $50 for this sale. I wish this forum was like facebook I could click and upload.

How are they there? Im about to take a drive over today or tomorrow

they should be fine...palys may have some nasty stuff but in a tank that runs carbon it should not be an issue...its not an issue in my 3 gallon...

I added more carbon, did a 10% water change and threw out the offending palys!

Oh please don't crash!!!!

Take that water change and make it 50%, and then continue 25% changes until everything is dandy again. The key to averting crashes with WC's is to be incredibly aggressive with them.

Okay: update. Saved the day. A couple of mushrooms and the rose coral are still pissed off, Zoas are back to normal, Birdnest shows polyps again. WHEW

wait you threw out that colony of awesome purple/blue palys?

I did. And I refuse to rescue it from the trash.

How are they there? Im about to take a drive over today or tomorrow

They are simply awesome, everybody is very helpful. Leave your coat in the car the store is always extra warm.

How is the tank responding, it has been a couple of hours since the incident. Hope your tank residence are okay ... :unsure:

Doing much better thank you!

they should be fine...palys may have some nasty stuff but in a tank that runs carbon it should not be an issue...its not an issue in my 3 gallon...

I have other palys, specifically green leopard palys that behave themselves, do not slime, and have a gorgeous luminescence/florescence with my moon lights. These purple ones were terrorists.

Take that water change and make it 50%, and then continue 25% changes until everything is dandy again. The key to averting crashes with WC's is to be incredibly aggressive with them.

You are right, I had enough for another 4 gallon change but the temperature wasn't matched, but the tank seems to have recovered (except for the rose coral and some mushies).

GOTTA GO! Frogspawn is awaiting pickup from MA.

What!

Okay just walked out of Manhattan Aquariums with my frogspawn.

OMG insane acans, blastos, SPS (gosh I want that ponape birdsnest!) Halloween rics, neon orange rics, favia, corals I can't name. Holy batman.

Holy goatnipples bat thumb!

Sounds like a great LFS. Mine here are cruddy.

PS - check your coral skeleton thread.

since you are a girl i am going to say this is the most badass biocube I've ever seen.

Thank you Beefus.

glad the crisis was averted. can't wait to see new pics with the frogspawn.

:wub: green with purple tips. I was in love before I even saw it.

omgomgomg MR CORAL ARRIVES TOMORROW! I have my frag station all set up, had to move things around to have it in there.

lol @ noob freakout.

Totally. But n00b also knew what to do to avert disaster.

x_x

RIP palys...

oh stop it.

Archived