Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you do not have room for that small colony, is that what you're saying?

idk about each polyp being independent...you are sure about that? make sure the cut is below any part of the skeleton that has flesh on it.

LOL Squared only knows how to say what he doesn't like.

Love the pink nail polish it matches the coral!

Shoes are getting into the holiday spirit! Yay!

If I am not on much tomorrow or Thursday Happy Thanksgiving Early! I have a LOT of cooking to do! ;)

Thank you Miss Candy, have a happy Holiday!

I will! I love how politically correct Happy Holidays is, LOL

Everyone have LOTS of Turkey and all the trimmings! I will be stuffing myself tomorrow and Thursday! I bet I gain 10 lbs! LOL

Woah! Get it plugged in!

Woah! Is it a HH?

WHERE IS KGOLDY? What do I do first?! DAMMIT!

Not sure, I bought zebra shrimps which have been snapping and a huge PITA. But this guys was all black, the tip of his big claw was white though, so it could very well be a HH. I do have a trap but it is in the rock, I could just put the rock in another tank and coax it out with some food at night? I have beautiful macros and feather dusters and hidden cup corals on this rock, not to mention really great coralline so I don't want to destroy the rock.

ib4 pistol kills everything.

also, i hope you left that fireworm alone.

What is ib4?

I fed the fireworm to the hidden cup corals

Gosh that was a very stressful few hours. I'm not sure how I did it, but my LED's ARE IN!

:owned:

FTS under 1 Panorama Pro 12Kwhite/453nm

IMG_3436.JPG

Under PC:

IMG_3433.JPG

FTS under the panoramo pro and the magenta/rb stunner strip

IMG_3434.JPG

And it begins:

IMG_3430.JPG

Step 1: Remove PC bulbs (and reflectors) so the cat can warm his belly on them

IMG_20111123_185958.jpg

Step 2: Take photos because I won't be able to re-create this without a lot of help. I would like to install the PC's in another housing for my frag tank.

IMG_20111123_173829.jpg

Step 3: Lots of closeups of the wiring

IMG_20111123_174529.jpgIMG_20111123_173845.jpg

Step 4: Install. AKA wing it because the lights came with ZERO instructions. The BC hood has NO PLACE to install these comfortably. And if you want to keep some original components along with these, well either get creative, or get an electrician. For a DIY product, this was very non-intuitive. For example there is simple NO PLACE for the right side of the panorama pro to be screwed into. None. Zip. So I had to tape the bloody thing.

IMG_20111123_181855.jpg

IMG_20111123_181843.jpg

Step 5: Install the protective cover back on. There is NO PLACE for the cords to thread through, no help or instructions on how to do it either. Notice the wires hanging on the left bottom of the clear cover.

IMG_20111123_182131.jpg

Now for the sick part! :)

Magenta/RB Stunner Strip

IMG_20111123_182910.jpg

My corals are GLOWING under this light. OMG.

Thank you for your kind words.

Okay, dad is having a couple of drinks and speaking to mom so dinner is on hold while the love birds are on the phone. This could take a while. :rolleyes:

I'M STILL UPSET! This install had me shaking with fear and frustration. The tape did not hold so the edge of the panorama is now resting on the cover. I've never ordered with nanotuners but their DIY videos were steller. Why can't ecoxotic make a simple step by step instructional guide for retrofitting their products into AIO's? The pp is also crooked.

I wanted to keep my stock moonlights, so I could not un-install the internal ballasts and wiring entirely. I just removed the end caps for the PC bulbs. I had to remove the moon lights and install them in a different place because the PP would not fit if these were left in their original spot.

The canopy is getting heated so I may have to use the stock fan after all, I will have to observe tomorrow.

For acclimation, I'm seeking advice. I have it set for 4 hours on time tomorrow. Should it be more? Less? And increase by how much each day?

Over all I still don't know how I feel about it. The magenta only stunner strip is unbelievable for color. Even my yellow ball sponge turned magenta. There is a lot more blue in the tank now, which means of course the over-all light temperature in the tank (to me) is much cooler. Not my first choice.

I was hoping to be able to add a 2nd stunner strip in a couple of months, and I can play with different colors for that one. But the one pro is fine I think.

Archived