Pod Your Reef

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pics are up now kat. i am as giddy as a child on the first day of school, one of my LR seed pieces is teaming with life. not done with the scape, just need to search out more flat rock pieces. i am going to try to tier one more piece to the right side and a piece or two to the left. oh, and thanks for your advice on finding the shelf pieces kat. i just need to find a couple more pieces that fit into the system.

Update:

Piggy, the Yasha is alive! TS had a sighting and then I did too.

The clowns are starving all the time! They steal food from the corals, I'm trying to train them to accept the pellets from the pipette and today they did, so did the neons.

One of the corals from Mr. Coral died, Goni has not opened yet.

One of the scarlet hermits decided to go back into his old SMALLER shell. Really.

Duncan looks like it might sprout 2 new heads, :)

Blue mushroom is walking to a new spot making baby #2 in the process.

And it looks like I'll be getting my LED's this week, my dad was insisting on something to buy. It was either golf clubs or LED's. :P

In other fishy news, I put an LED table lamp on Schmoopy the Betta's tank. He has been loosing color, I've had him almost 2 years so I was hoping maybe a brighter light would bring his color back. The tank sure looks great with the new light. Let's see what happens. Maybe he is just getting old?

surgicalsense

I have a blue betta and I know the food (which I am not fond of) has been changing his color. Now he has bits of red pigment <_< so I might just be changing the diet back to frozen blood worms again. How old is the betta?

I have a blue betta and I know the food (which I am not fond of) has been changing his color. Now he has bits of red pigment <_< so I might just be changing the diet back to frozen blood worms again. How old is the betta?

I think he is 2. I was giving him the frozen mysis as a treat occasionally.

What are you doing for LED's?

Ecoxotic panorama pro

Your signature and that of the posse that trolls travels with you should have a badge that says the # of times you've been banned. Maybe I should start a thread.

D, you have like 75 more frags to name. Get off this thread and get to work.

WHAT. You're consorting with D?!

That's it, you cannot wear the "I'm with n00b" shirt for the frag swap. hmpf.

I'm wearing this to pick up dorks advice

1668037712_b029a29ee4.jpg

Your signature and that of the posse that trolls travels with you should have a badge that says the # of times you've been banned. Maybe I should start a thread.

WHAT. You're consorting with D?!

That's it, you cannot wear the "I'm with n00b" shirt for the frag swap. hmpf.

I'm wearing this to pick up dorks advice

1668037712_b029a29ee4.jpg

you had it right the first time... dorks. :)

Bettas do change color as they age, depending on genetics. more pure bred show bettas are less likely to do this though, and tend to have the same colors throughout their life, brightening up or fading depending on age, but never new colors.

sorry to hi-jack, may have been relative since both of you have bettas...

BTW, kat how much did you pay for that frag with the green striped shrooms/red shroom/zoas on it? it looks very nice.

Archived