Cultivated Reef

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So WTF are you doing? Do you still have a HA? My wife has had a HA for the last five years. We want to know, did ya do it?????

BTW are you planning on building your rock sculpture out of live rock???? I hope not.

Sorry to be dense, what is a HA?

Yes, my current scape was made with live rock also. Anybody can make a dry rock scape. :rolleyes: i like a crazy challenge.

I figured out what LFS Kat goes to and told them to get rid of the RSM and give her a 75 instead.

Kat, you can thank me later.

ATT182525.jpg

Are you going to turn the BC14 into the new frag tank? That would be pretty neat.

I'm crazy enough, no I'll be trying to sell the BC 14, it is in very good condition.

heater? i dunno but im excited for you ;)

Comes standard. I'm excited too.

More LED's omgomgomgomgomgomg

You know RSM owners really like the stock lights for some reason so I might try those at least till the tank cycles. The LED's are going to continue on in the BC14 till I pull them out.

Kat, looks great! You do have reef tank issues. But, lets face it, everyone on this forum does. You helped me with my tank a few weeks back, thanks. I will be updating sometime this week, financially could never keep up with yours. Wow, just Wow.

Can't believe your doing it!

Cool can't wait to see pics!

:D

HA = headache Go baby do ya NYC thing! Don't let no one get in your way.

egyptian.gif

You got a RSM 250 for 750???? Congrats on that pick up!

ha, no such luck, it's the 130D.

Kat, looks great! You do have reef tank issues. But, lets face it, everyone on this forum does. You helped me with my tank a few weeks back, thanks. I will be updating sometime this week, financially could never keep up with yours. Wow, just Wow.

Is there a 1-800-REEFER like 1800 gambler?

Very, very excited for you Kat. New build thread to come?

You called it!

Dear Kat... I think you need a boyfriend with a reefing habbit. I nominate myself. Then you can share some corals.

Thank you, that is all.

I have so many responses to that, I don't know where to start!

can't wait to see the scape in the new tank, i am sure it will rock. :lol:

:P

Everything is ordered, the waiting game begins. :haha:

How far back is the pics lady! How's it going, last I seen you had gotten a few pieces from mr. coral where's all the pics at? What page?

how's that bias all girl except for the married guy reef n greet club going? :D

I thought for some reason you had a BC29. Did you get black or silver in the RSM? Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the RSM heater it comes with is junk and know to fail? When is the new tank arriving?

your brain.

And a sump :D

your brain.

How do you always know everything? Yep, I've lost the marbles.

I thought for some reason you had a BC29. Did you get black or silver in the RSM? Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the RSM heater it comes with is junk and know to fail? When is the new tank arriving?

And a sump :D

I'm planning on picking it up today, hope Pat wrote "RAWR" on it with the sold sign like I asked.

It's an AIO, a sump would require plumbing. and I leave that whole concept to the big boy setups.

I got the black, never seen a silver one. The new uber series comes in your choice of colors. at $3.5K for the smallest, it better. lol. And no I had the BC 14. Big mistake, I listened to TS who himself said, wow that's a small tank but you've got enough in there (I hadn't even bought a single coral when he said that).

RSM Stocking plans!!! feel free to chime in people.

TWO YELLOW TANGS!

no, just kidding, calm down. :lol:

Thinking of adding

Yellow/orange stripe cardinal fish (school of 3 maybe)

And a blenny or two, I like the Midas blenny and the tail spot, will they fight?

Barnacle blennies are small and cute too

New RSM!!! Cool...Look forward to the new tank thread and the NYC Ladies meet, keep me posted.

Yeah! I'm an old reefer since 2005/2006, that started crash and burned :angry: Had my tank for 2 1/2 years started really slow with fish and a lil corals it was going really well until, I left my tank in the hands of family members and came back to over populated aptasia and algae reef with half dead fish. Ended up giving away the fish that was still viable and broke down the tank. I bought a 24g aquapod some months later and never got the chance to set it up. But it up and running right now. I'm cycling the tank. I'll post some pics soon still picking up some supplies

Kat your biocube is beautiful, however I know how you feel. Once that itch for upgrade starts it doesn't stop. I'm sure you will do just as amazing if not more beautiful scape in your new tank and look forward to your progress and ideas girl :P

New RSM!!! Cool...Look forward to the new tank thread and the NYC Ladies meet, keep me posted.

Yeah! I'm an old reefer since 2005/2006, that started crash and burned :angry: Had my tank for 2 1/2 years started really slow with fish and a lil corals it was going really well until, I left my tank in the hands of family members and came back to over populated aptasia and algae reef with half dead fish. Ended up giving away the fish that was still viable and broke down the tank. I bought a 24g aquapod some months later and never got the chance to set it up. But it up and running right now. I'm cycling the tank. I'll post some pics soon still picking up some supplies

Good luck with the cycle, you should read my thread "return of the tank sitter", might fix the trauma of family tank sitters for you :)

Agreed 130 RSM is a beauty :D I love the look of the smoked glass in the back and the hood layout.

uh huh, as Maeda says, I'm a chump. And a happy one.

Kat your biocube is beautiful, however I know how you feel. Once that itch for upgrade starts it doesn't stop. I'm sure you will do just as amazing if not more beautiful scape in your new tank and look forward to your progress and ideas girl :P

Thank you! I hope (and pray) this tank is big enough for me.

It will be, it might not be that much of a difference but inside the tank is a lot more room, you'll be happy i promise your upgrade itches will be soothed, it feels so good to upgrade into something you WANT lol

Archived