inTank Media Baskets

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where were you when I got my shipment of Mr. Coral?! :angry:

omg Im so sorry! I didn't catch it I haven't seen your thread lately :((((

But yea - If I get a frag in the mail and it looks horrible I don't even dip it in rx(unless there are visible parasites) - It gets a 20 minute selcon soak w/ 5ml while tempurature aclimating, then in the tank it goes with some heavy flow - higher the flow the better chance you have no matter whether its soft, lps or sps. getting fresh oxygen into the coral is highest priority. the vitamins it soaked in will for some reason make the coral realize its environment has changed and release its slime coat protecting itself - which can be a bad thing, but in our situation of trying to save it its a good thing because it allows oxygen to penetrate.

-Sorry I didn't pass the info along sooner kat

omg Im so sorry! I didn't catch it I haven't seen your thread lately :((((

But yea - If I get a frag in the mail and it looks horrible I don't even dip it in rx(unless there are visible parasites) - It gets a 20 minute selcon soak w/ 5ml while tempurature aclimating, then in the tank it goes with some heavy flow - higher the flow the better chance you have no matter whether its soft, lps or sps. getting fresh oxygen into the coral is highest priority. the vitamins it soaked in will for some reason make the coral realize its environment has changed and release its slime coat protecting itself - which can be a bad thing, but in our situation of trying to save it its a good thing because it allows oxygen to penetrate.

What about adding a bubbler while it's soaking?

Kat, Nice tank. What is the pink specimen up top of the scape?

Thank you! I believe that to be red glacilaria however I have since then obtained several species of the same macro and they are all different looking. :huh: This one was a HH on my live rock and has grown a lot, pieces of it will grow on other rocks if they touch. Speaking of which, my red titan in the pico is EVERYWHERE.

You gonna make him fall in love with you then marry his best friend?

We are cut above such high school behavior, batman pants. -_-

We shall simply send our sidekick batman pants with his bad ass toys.

have any pics of how you said you have your chemi an stuff?

sowwy., no. I made my own media rack using eggcrate. I've got floss at the top, purigen suspended upside down from the same eggcrate supporting the floss. Then I have a big gap where sits the Chaeto perfectly aligned with the see-through back chamber window on the BC.

under that is chemipure.

You know you've got it bad when friends that have no interest in this hobby meet you on Facebook chat after 2 months and their first question is "How are the Fish?".

That's my status update even though this is not FB.

You know you've got it bad when friends that have no interest in this hobby meet you on Facebook chat after 2 months and their first question is "How are the Fish?".

That's my status update even though this is not FB.

:lol:

Mr. Silly the porcelain from reef cleaners

IMG_3615.JPG

HH brittle star that lives on the magnet cleaner (currently holding the cup holding the sun coral for easy feeding)

IMG_3619.JPG

My little valley of the suns

IMG_2260.JPG

Ruby

IMG_2246.JPG

Thanks. Lots of updates. I moved a bunch of corals to the MAX so the substrate is looking like it's old self again.

The yellow feather duster decided to exit the tube, I can see the crown in the tank, it is not attached to a body though. :huh:

The clowns are getting jiggy with it. They are shaking the tush something fierce, and have scouted out an area on the rock. I have a feeling some spawning is in the plan, and I thought these guys were still babies. They vibrate their bodies at angles to each other. I can only assume this is mating behavior. :D

Finally was able to reach in and rescue one of my gorgonians that was stolen by Dingbat. The other is still MIA. Have not seen Charlie the Yasha in 2 days, he worries me.

Yo Kat, how's that porcelain crab doing? I saw reef cleaners had them in stock again, for a few hours at least. I WANT ONE!!!!!! :)

Get one! They are little and very cute, you can get 2 or more, you have so many tanks and they don't fight.

But keep them away from corals you don't want them to host because if they start liking them, you can remove them and they will find a way back. :o

Get one! They are little and very cute, you can get 2 or more, you have so many tanks and they don't fight.

But keep them away from corals you don't want them to host because if they start liking them, you can remove them and they will find a way back. :o

Yeah I heard that about them. I've been looking for some locally but all I ever see are Emeralds. Was going to get some from RC but they were gone in just a few hours. You got yours from RC didn't you?

I have 3 porcelains! the first one is a carribean blue porcelain called Dingbat (because he is), he is from sealife. My first anemone porcelain crab (Lola) is from Live aquaria and the newest addition, (Mr. Silly) is from RC.

I have to get a few of the Porcelains they are so cute.

Your clowns may just be learning each other. Mine did that for the whole first month I had them until they figured out who was the female and male. Silly fish but if not that's awesome!

I am so glad I have seen the new Yasha every day since I added her and the shrimp. No stress with this fish so far.

I have 3 porcelains! the first one is a carribean blue porcelain called Dingbat (because he is), he is from sealife. My first anemone porcelain crab (Lola) is from Live aquaria and the newest addition, (Mr. Silly) is from RC.

Are they active and not shy? I got one about a month ago and have seen it once :(

I used to have a brain (haha) when my tank was set up a few years ago. It shrunk a little and exposed a bit of skeleton but recovered. Don't panic ;)

Archived