ReefCleaners.org

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kat you do know that sun coral needs to be spot fed when it opens right? Sometimes you can get their schedule switched around from night to day just feed the same time of day, suns are a favorite of mine, good luck with it!

Clam seems normal, mine will do the same if messed with

Wow way to go and happy holidays

Hey happy holidays.

Here is a quick pics of my lights, one burnt out because of salt creep.

In the middle is the stock lighting. The 3 on the sides are moonlights.

Of course that picture is perfectly clear on what I am looking at.......

Any pics with the glare off? So I can see position of the lights and where the wiring went?

Hahahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

Neons are in love, fat and happy. although their 'cleaning' behavior looked more like a harassment. But to be fair I only saw them do that once to my clownfish Ruby.

I saw some yellow neons at PETCO (shoot me) that I might get, and QT forever.

Neons are in love, fat and happy. although their 'cleaning' behavior looked more like a harassment. But to be fair I only saw them do that once to my clownfish Ruby.

I saw some yellow neons at PETCO (shoot me) that I might get, and QT forever.

It looks like harassment because the fish being cleaned are so tiny. Most pics I've seen of cleaners in the wild, they're on fish that are many, many times the size of the cleaner (shrimp or cleaner fish).

• 2 weeks later...

Back in December at the Pratt Frag swap, I traded my Acan for a polyp or two of orange Dahlias and a polyp or two of fruit loops. Well, the frags I received were lemons. One had 1.5 polyps that never opened, the other frag had coralline and nothing else.

All this while I communicated with the guy, never left a negative feedback and he was nice enough to offer to pay for the Acan. I didn't accept, I traded, and I still wanted to trade. So the only time we could meet was yesterday when he had a reefers meeting at Manhattan Aquariums. Well it turned out that after I made all the effort to remind him and set up a time to meet, I could not go to the meeting myself. Not to worry, I have since the first reefers meeting that I helped organize, gotten to know the folks at MA rather well. They were willing to take my frags and keep them overnight so I could pick them up today before or after my lady reefers club meeting.

Well. I received 2 frags of zoanthids which were closed so not sure what they might be. And he also returned my Acan to me! :o WTF. So I felt really bad and texted him that I need to pay pal him some moneys because this was a trade. I brought the frags home and as I'm acclimating the bags, I notice swaying tentacles.

ANEMONES!! :o And from the looks of it, very bold ones. Reddish/pinkish bodies that don't retract! Anyway each frag had 1-2 of these anemones which I zapped using boiling water in a syringe. Were they aiptasia? who knows, I was not taking a chance.

And then in the plastic up I noticed a FLATWORM of some kind. :o

So after a heavy Coral RX dipping and zapping with boiling water, I put the frags not in the BC or RSM, but in the pico.

You know how you suspect grumpy servers spit in your food? Grumpy reefers folks. STAY THE HELL AWAY!

:scarry:

@Joel I am flabbergasted that a clean frag I gave him, he returned with a big anemone on it. You can't miss the darn thing. I've got the agree with your comment he wither sucks are reefing or is spiteful for no reason.

Sounds like he has a tank full of them. I had a few that wuldn't ever close on the pink Zoa frag and I ended up injecting boiling water and covering their crack in reef putty, now they are dead.

Sounds like my day. ;)

It's official. This guys is nutz. And I apparently have xmen palys and teq sunrise. I specifically traded for fruit loops and orange dahlias.

Me: :( I feel terrible that you returned the acan. Now I need to paypal you. 3:48 PM

The spiteful one: Not worried about it 3:53 PM

Me: Alright. Well thanks. For the aiptasia and flat worm too. Whew, glad this trade is done. 5:22 PM

The spiteful one:: Haha that's why you got your acan back. You'll learn soon enough that people aren't in this hobby to cater to you. The teq sunrise zoa sells for over 15pp the xmen palys sell 20 each. I think you did ok in the deal. 6:06 PM

It's official. This guys is nutz. And I apparently have xmen palys and teq sunrise. I specifically traded for fruit loops and orange dahlias.

Me: :( I feel terrible that you returned the acan. Now I need to paypal you. 3:48 PM

The spiteful one: Not worried about it 3:53 PM

Me: Alright. Well thanks. For the aiptasia and flat worm too. Whew, glad this trade is done. 5:22 PM

The spiteful one:: Haha that's why you got your acan back. You'll learn soon enough that people aren't in this hobby to cater to you. The teq sunrise zoa sells for over 15pp the xmen palys sell 20 each. I think you did ok in the deal. 6:06 PM

OMG what a douch!

You need to let the other locals know what he did so they don't have have this happen to them either!

OMG!

Archived