Cultivated Reef

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hahaha almost got away with it! so when she said yeah, that's it- it's 80. i said to her "who would pay 80 for a stick!?"

I think we should keep trying..... :)

Everyone needs to help me break Kat on the AIO thing. The goal is 75RR with 40B sump. All she needs is a canopy, and "lights in the eyes" problem is solved. DSB will allow her to reach the sandbed. And if she starts now, she can cycle til March, so she won't be tempted to start stocking before the tank is ready.

pfft I'll be done cycling in 4 weeks with my gulf live rock. Is there such a thing as too much tank?! The plug and play of the RSM has me hooked honestly. I JUST WISH IT WERE NOT SO DEEP but rather wider. I've been dreaming up scapes......

but i don't know if it would work, I need a pattern of the footprint to do my straw scape (Spiro can you send me the pattern? Just an outline on newspaper? if you still have the box, just copy the foam protector shape):

IMG_20110711_143522.jpg

Looks like you are obsessed! I know the feeling!!!!! I think you should look for a cheap used car.

Here's a pic of what I did:

IMG_0201.jpg

I cut the box it came in to the approximate inside dimentions, so as I was building the structure I was able to stay within the shape and not get too wide or tall. I wanted to be sure that I could clean all sides of the glass with the mag and with a hand held pad as well.

Do you want to build the structure before you get the tank? If so, I'll get you the inside dimentions.

Of course I'd love to help in anyway I can.

Here you go,

Inside bottom is 23.5" wide, 15" deep, and about 18" tall.

Just keep in mind where the top surface skimmer is and where the dual pump outlets are and where you plan on putting any extra flow pumps like an mp 10 before you build. Sound exciting, keep us posted!

Metro - I hear you on the need for a lid. I have the same need (lil kids). I also hear you on the need for a bigger tank. Chalk full myself too. Hear is what you do: RSM 250 and replace the lighting with 2 ecotech radions. Bam. Coral factory.

Or maybe get an Elos System 160....

Are your SPS really growing under the one panorama? I'm going to post some month-over-month photos in a few days that show good SPS growth. I've been skeptical that one would do it.

Oh yeah, nice macros!

Dave

Gonna go bigger with a AIO? Really? A Reef ready 75 rimless would be ow so sexy. I think dad opened his arms about 48 inches wide.

Deep Blue rimless 75 a stand and nice sump. Add some LED lighting and you would right around the RSM 250 price tag with alot nicer tank. Instead of that big plastic box.

Metro - I hear you on the need for a lid. I have the same need (lil kids). I also hear you on the need for a bigger tank. Chalk full myself too. Hear is what you do: RSM 250 and replace the lighting with 2 ecotech radions. Bam. Coral factory.

Or maybe get an Elos System 160....

Are your SPS really growing under the one panorama? I'm going to post some month-over-month photos in a few days that show good SPS growth. I've been skeptical that one would do it.

Oh yeah, nice macros!

Dave

Dave, I wish the title of this thread was Kat's got a bad ass money printing press. The 250 looks great and I wish I could see it in a store like I did with the 130D. I would have to say that some tanks are just too much tank for me. If I had started with the BC29 I would have not lost my marbles as quickly as I have. The BC29 I set up for my buddy was great. The RSM 130D is looking perfect.

Gonna go bigger with a AIO? Really? A Reef ready 75 rimless would be ow so sexy. I think dad opened his arms about 48 inches wide.

Deep Blue rimless 75 a stand and nice sump. Add some LED lighting and you would right around the RSM 250 price tag with alot nicer tank. Instead of that big plastic box.

I must assert gently that as a woman who feels happy just installing my LEDs and thinking I'm a DIY queen feels both lost and overwhelmed by some of those big boy setups you bad boys have. I'm content drooling and feeling jealous. And then looking at my pretty tank.

WCs are about to become a #####, lol.

Omg yeah! I have to take my step stool to the LFS. If I can't work on the thing easily then I can't get it.

Update: the 'put it here' spot outside the kitchen won't work, the apartment circuitry routinely trips on that side of the apartment. Ill have to put it where the BC is.

sweet pics ! what lens did u get ?

best of luck with new tank, just one advise, just take it slow i know you would have done ur research :)

PS: thanks for the pistol :) shrimp i mean.

Is that RSM for $750 still there? You better pic it up quick. I see you're doing some research on those stunners and such. Have you come to any conclusions?

I was thinking if I show up in NYC with a new RSM in hand, it might be a good deal considering hotel, restaurants, booze, etc. Just say'n it might be worth a custom rock sculpture. Haha.

Right, well you're cooking then. While I spend time with my tank(s).

Today was glue down zoas day except I didn't trust myself to be home all day as I would have gone to get that tank. Why resist at all! But anyway decided to go hang out with a buddy watching the miserbale jets game in 3D. Now as I go home I have a headache but at least I resisted the RSM for another day!

So TOMORROW! Can't pick it up tomorrow but I will call and if it is there still will put it on hold. Gulf Live Rock is on stand by, he already knows the quantity and shapes I want. Will likely need another care package from Jestersix on the emaco. Picked out sand online, water. Whoa I'm really doing this aren't I? :huh:

Maybe it won't be there...

Excuse the typos, imy head hurts.

LMK on the Emaco, I always have it in stock - give me a good excuse to send you some PicoFrag plugs too. I'm getting ready to go do an addition to a custom 'scape I helped build in the SF Bay Area - nice little 450 gallon pico tank...wish I could deliver the Emaco, it would be fun to help you build this one. LMK if you need fiberglass rods or anything else before we pack up your Emaco order.

RSM on hold, picking up tomorrow. omgomgomg

Live rock from Gulf Live Rock ordered omgomgomg

Sand ordered omgomgomg

What am I missing? :huh:

LMK on the Emaco, I always have it in stock - give me a good excuse to send you some PicoFrag plugs too. I'm getting ready to go do an addition to a custom 'scape I helped build in the SF Bay Area - nice little 450 gallon pico tank...wish I could deliver the Emaco, it would be fun to help you build this one. LMK if you need fiberglass rods or anything else before we pack up your Emaco order.

You are the best! Thank you! Let me see what kind of live rocks come in from Florida and PM you based on what I would need to make the scape.

So WTF are you doing? Do you still have a HA? My wife has had a HA for the last five years. We want to know, did ya do it?????

BTW are you planning on building your rock sculpture out of live rock???? I hope not.

Archived