ReefCleaners.org

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot Damn!

Raaaaaaaaaaaawr!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one heck of a nice looking cat. (and the tank looks pretty sweet too.) :D

I'm not sure your fish are going to get along with the new tank's other 'inhabitant'. Maybe you should check Live Aquaria to see if they are compatible.

Grab a nice bottle of wine on the way home with the stand, it will help you put it together.

*this*...is how the door on my stand ended up backwards...

I said a bottle of wine not a gallon of Jack!
You were obviously more than drunk here.

I suppose how much 'help' you drink get does change the experience. ;)

I suppose how much 'help' you drink get does change the experience. ;)

Actually, I'm more likely to put the door on backwards without a little sip or two.

Sweet deal! Best bet will be email - LMK what you need and I'll get it right out to you. 'Scape with live rock? Piece of cake!!

This was a recent build - went from this...

7a660fc0.jpg

To this...and we didn't even take out the fish! Gotta love Emaco builds!!!

2dd29f1e.jpg

Sweet deal! Best bet will be email - LMK what you need and I'll get it right aout to you. 'Scape with live rock? Piece of cake!!

This was a recent build - went from this...

7a660fc0.jpg

To this...and we didn't even take out the fish! Gotta love Emaco builds!!!

2dd29f1e.jpg

Damn.

Damn.

+1

So excited for you Kat, you going to rename this thread or start a new one? Going to have a hard time keeping up with 2 of your threads! :lol:

+1

So excited for you Kat, you going to rename this thread or start a new one? Going to have a hard time keeping up with 2 of your threads! :lol:

Start a new one.

Some delays in setting up the RSM and starting a thread. The cabinet looked like it would collapse if I sat on it much less put a 34 gallon tank with over 100 pounds of rock and sand in. The metal bolt locks were twisted and shaky, installed with a power drill and too fast. So I took the stand apart, used metal epoxy on the parts where metal met metal and gorilla glue where wood met wood. Even the little wood pegs got glued. Thanks to KG walking me through my purchase at Lowes, I feel very confident in the strength of the cabinet now.

IMG_20111222_144831.jpg

The rock arrived!

IMG_20111222_121907.jpg

And it's getting wet in buckets with heaters and circulation

IMG_20111222_144909.jpg

Found a dead mantis shrimp with the rocks! about 3 inches, smasher. The rest of the rocks are looking good. Spent the last few hours photographing each one and drawing a patters/footprint of it so I can start planning the scape.

The substrate is delayed due to weather issues and will arrive Saturday, hopefully by then I will have a scape in mind. Still have to run a freshwater test on the tank which I will do tomorrow. Also the circuitry is getting upgraded tomorrow and that is why this tank sits outside the kitchen as originally planned. :)

I like natural scapes with out epoxy or acrylic rods or any of that stuff. It makes me challenge myself. :happy:

Till the rock wobbles then topples and the tank has a crack. I cannot take that risk.

Michael graves bucket with live rock. Only you would have a designer fish bucket. :D

:blush:

*this*...is how the door on my stand ended up backwards...

Bottle of wine + haircut= angry boy

FxCam_1294538175752.jpg

Lol it turned out really good actually. He just did not like the idea of getting groomed in his "safe haven"

Archived