Cultivated Reef

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

I have so many responses to that, I don't know where to start!

I am still awaiting these numerous responses btw :P

Oh and you shoulda stuck the BC14 in the RSM.... that woulda really shown the upgrade.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Till the rock wobbles then topples and the tank has a crack. I cannot take that risk.

+1

take it from my personal experience. :( my poor pink hammer .

After building with Emaco, I would never go back to a stacked build - especially with our little earthquakes here in Cali! You can create 'scapes that would be impossible with stacking, plus you have the added security of knowing you won't topple things unexpectedly.

Looks like some cool rock there Kat, anxious to see what you end up with on this one!

I think I added too much sand, so had to remove some this morning. It is back to being cloudy. I added some of my live sand from the BC into the MAX, hoping it will seed it fast. Seeing ammonia. Water change in a little bit.

It literally brings a piece of the ocean to the tank. This rock is encrusted like no other live rock can be. I can epoxy frags of anything on rock, but it doesn't come anywhere close to this stuff. There is even orange coralline, sponges, tunicates. The creepy crawlies will come out too! lol.

There could be more! :scarry:

True. No pops yet. The dead mantis was a good 3 inches long, pink/salmon color and a smasher. Also had a dead red mithrax crab, no urchins this time. Dan sent me a good selection of rock shapes, I had described to him what I wanted. He's awesome.

Another big bi valveCIMG0645.JPG

Archived