inTank Media Baskets

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Kat!

Tank is looking great - just a heads up on the Acan echinata, they can be VERY aggressive! Sneaky too - they will be model citizens until they get really settled and comfortable, then eat whatever they can reach, which can bee pretty darn far. Lost a big blasto colony to my Orange Crush - which is now exiled to the back side of PlasmaLand...

I need to send you some PicoFrags to try...much better than the regular frag plugs since you can pop the little picorock off the plug when mounting them. I swap all my frags onto my PicoFrags when I get them, no frag plugs allowed in PlasmaLand. Next batch I'll send some your way...

Introducing the NEW Ecoxotic In-line Dimmer!

IMG_20111213_193005.jpg

Will take before and after shots tomorrow!

In other news, worked on turning the middle back chamber into a fuge. Several chipped nails and cuts later, the eggcrate found some use in the chamber.

-Filter floss

-Eggcrate with purigen suspended upside down

-Chaeto and Ulva with an LED pointed at the window from the outside

-Eggcrate

-Chemipure

-Eggcrate

Now I can hear the water flowing which I don't like but hopefully as the chaeto fills up the compartment it is in, it will silence it.

Forgot to add, noticed a second polyp on the frogspawn. The thing made another one without me noticing! It is not branching off into a new stem, it just seems to be a whole new mouth with tentacles.

That's what mine did and the heads are growing into new arms now. Took it a bit to fully split and form two full heads though.

Love your tank Kat. :happy:

ApiratenamedJohn
:wub: to Pismo! That position is as high as it goes on the rock work. I thought it liked medium light?

The start of the zoanthid shelf...

IMG_20111212_172706.jpg

Looks good. They gonna stay on the plugs or are you taking em off?

John! Thank you so much, You know I named a snail John the rock star? :lol:

Haha! Most excellent choice...

You are doing great with your 'scape, makes me want another small tank to play with. Have a couple nano sized structures in progress on the work bench - I'll send some pics when I get them done. Loving your macro algae obsession - my tangs keep eating all my macro algae and ignoring the stuff I want hem to eat!

Love your tank Kat. :happy:

Thank you Miss Candy.

Looks good. They gonna stay on the plugs or are you taking em off?

The plugs come off, and hopefully tomorrow. I cut myself today trying to get the blue clove polyps off the acrylic frag plug they were on. ouch. I think I have enough epoxy and loctite for the zoa shelf at least. And I have too many eagle eyes. So will be trying to sell some.

Haha! Most excellent choice...

You are doing great with your 'scape, makes me want another small tank to play with. Have a couple nano sized structures in progress on the work bench - I'll send some pics when I get them done. Loving your macro algae obsession - my tangs keep eating all my macro algae and ignoring the stuff I want hem to eat!

The macros are something else! Check my pico thread. The pico is currently housing them and they seem happy. The DT has lots of macros too. Seems more natural, adds color and I am sure it is keeping the balance in my little box of water.

Introducing the NEW Ecoxotic In-line Dimmer!

IMG_20111213_193005.jpg

Will take before and after shots tomorrow!

IMO the color tone of your tank looks great as is.

Will you be adding this to your exsisting lights to have less light but balanced to your taste? Or, will you add lights for coverage and color blending but be able to dim them back?

kevin

Hey I got ur post on Legacy II but what was it to? Took me to a random picture lol

Really?! Post 581.

IMO the color tone of your tank looks great as is.

Will you be adding this to your exsisting lights to have less light but balanced to your taste? Or, will you add lights for coverage and color blending but be able to dim them back?

kevin

Thank you! I'm actually adding another stunner strip to add more blue and balance out some of the magenta. The dimmer works to dim all 3 lights if used on the 3-way splitter, or individually on any one light. For now I have it on the pro because it is very bright (to me) and some corals were shocked by it.

Thanks very much! Is that at full power? I think I prefer w/o the magenta so adding more blue sounds like a great idea. How high is that light off the sandbed?

Thanks very much! Is that at full power? I think I prefer w/o the magenta so adding more blue sounds like a great idea. How high is that light off the sandbed?

Yes that is full power, I still have to take pics with the dimmer. The light is exactly where the stock PC bulbs used to be. I would say that is about 15" up.

I do nothing of the sort, my wall has decided to keep itself clean :lol:

One of the cutest comments i heard was "oh wow look how pretty that is, so feminine"

And I think that is true! :wub:

My tank makes me very happy

Archived