Innovative Marine Aquariums

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

animalmaster6
That does seem a little extreme, especially since you don't have much equipment to heat the tank up that much. Could there be a leak somewhere? Or maybe a drip in the filter?

I'm going to check tomorrow but keep in mind it wasn't filled up all the way to begin with.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

too much evap. mark the fill line with masking tape and watch it.

also, sealife rock might have corals and hitchhikers that you want to keep. don't be in a hurry to crush it up. It is a good idea to have your bio filter establish before adding their uncured rock, so you won't risk another cycle. And this way the life on the rocks will be perfectly preserved.

animalmaster6
also, sealife rock might have corals and hitchhikers that you want to keep. don't be in a hurry to crush it up. It is a good idea to have your bio filter establish before adding their uncured rock, so you won't risk another cycle. And this way the life on the rocks will be perfectly preserved.

Haha yeah I know. I am not even thinking about the cycle until I get the Sea Life rock so don't expect me to have livestock for a while. IMO the cycle hasn't even started officialy until I get the new rock and the sand.

animalmaster6
okay, and are you planning on a soft cycle or regular high ammonia burn?

:lol: I'm actually not sure yet. I'm just kind of taking it by year and enjoying the fact that I have a tank with water :)

Bout time, now I'll subscribe.

Glad to have you here!

TheNordCelt
:lol: I'm actually not sure yet. I'm just kind of taking it by year and enjoying the fact that I have a tank with water :)

Glad to have you here!

Wait, taking it by year? Does that mean you plan to have only water for a year? :lol:

Wait, taking it by year? Does that mean you plan to have only water for a year? :lol:

hehe. I read that to mean year-by-year instead of day-by-day. So in a year he'll check back and see if the cycle's done and then decide what to do next. :P

animalmaster6

My teachers absolutely flooded me with projects, essays, and homework. Not very please with this because I wanted to get some stuff on the tank done. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a picture update with some news.

animalmaster6

Update- Need Sand!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had a ton of projects and essays lately. Most of them end this week though so hopefully I can get some stuff done! Also, I won't be waiting until sunday night for every weekly update, I promise :lol:

The tank seems to be running well. One thing I am still trying to master is salinity. I never realized how hard it was to get the salinity right in a tank this small. It's been going to terribly high levels so until I can get it right no life will be introduced.

The tank is cycling! I'm getting diatoms on the LR and lots of hair algae. I've been seeing some hair algae on the dry rock but not really too much quite yet. I also see some coralline on the LR, but not the dry rock. There has been no pods, mini brittles, nothing. I have yet to add sand yet but I think once I add sand and some Sea Life Inc. LR then I'll start seeing some critters.

320.jpg

322.jpg

321.jpg

Things to do:

• - Get sand and live rock from Sea Life Inc.
    - Make a DIY cover
    - Need to clean up the room the tank is in
    - Need to make a shelf for the Nanobox's coords

FTS Week 3

319.jpg

Jacob042426

Are you cycling with chaeto? If you are not, you should because I read that it will prevent algae problems in future by sucking out nutrients.

animalmaster6

:lol: Don't worry I'll have top off water when I have life in there.

is that where you are keeping your water level? please say no.....

No.

Gotta be splashing the crap outta that nanobox with that low water level :(

It's actually not at all but there is TONS of salt on it.

Are you cycling with chaeto? If you are not, you should because I read that it will prevent algae problems in future by sucking out nutrients.

I've got chaeto in the AC.

wow, 35 pages of conversation and barely any progress... i want your secret!

Move your thread to the members section as it has alot more traffic...doesnt necessarily people will come swooning to your thread but its a start

For the record Animal has quite a bit of charm and has built up a nice rapport with many members on this site hence the interest in his threads ;)

animalmaster6
wow, 35 pages of conversation and barely any progress... i want your secret!

:lol: Most of it actually is not conversation... well, it's conversation about the tank ;) I've had a couple hundred pages too lol.

Move your thread to the members section as it has alot more traffic...doesnt necessarily people will come swooning to your thread but its a start

For the record Animal has quite a bit of charm and has built up a nice rapport with many members on this site hence the interest in his threads ;)

+1 to Hype. Just post on people's threads and get to know them. That's the best part of forums. I didn't get known for a while too ;)

Archived