Top Shelf Aquatics

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

Yesterday I adjusted the color for the first time on the Nanobox LEDs from Dave Fason. They were fantastic. I can't wait to get some zoas, SPS, and acans under them :D

The amount of change you can do is incredible! By the way this is NOT MY FINAL AQUASCAPE. I just wanted to put rocks in there as I was testing out the rocks.

Lowest K

288.jpg

Medium K (Blue and white lights)

289.jpg

Highest K

287.jpg

Video :D

Subscribe por favor!

animalmaster6

I've got one word for ya, water omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

All filled up! It's goooo time! :happydance:

I've got to finish one thing for school then it's picher time! :D

We've waited. Waited. And waited. And our quench for water is halted for some school project? WTF!?!?

animalmaster6

ADA 30c 7.5 Gallon Reef- It's Go Time

Finally! A tank from animalmaster6 all filled up with water! It's taken a while and it's all for the better but I finally got this tank up! I decided to put my 125 gallon on hold due to financial reasons. I could not wait to get a reef set up so I decided to do this tank.

Why the fancy shmancy journal? I absolutely love Urbaneks journal in the large reefs forum. I thought why not?

I will always keep the first post updated with an equipment list and livestock list and I will put up at least one pic a week, promised.

Now let's just get to the long awaited pics:

The Fill-Up

As many know it's not easy for me to put in water unless I have all of the equipment :lol:

I had to get some pics of the fill up.

290.jpg

291.jpg

Aquascape

I took a very long time deciding my aquascape. I needed to have a scape with lots of different territories for shrimp and gobies but I need to make it so it would look natural, minimalist, and have proper space for coral. I ended up with this:

298.jpg

292.jpg

A side shot

294.jpg

What is that live-rock doing there?

I am having gobies, and gobies need microfauna to survive! Just look at my advise in the fish forum, I'm all about microfauna :D

293.jpg

As of now the plan is to take it out after the cycle and the dry rock is seeded. I also want to visually see the coralline, pods, etc.

Filtration

I went with the Aquaclear mod for filtration. Many people use this technique and I think I will be very successful with it. I have a StevieT media basket.

295.jpg

In the left chamber I have my filter floss>In the middle area with the heater I will be having the heater and small pieces of live rock rubble. I haven't gotten the rubble yet>On the top layer of the media basket I currently have just Chaeto but I plan on throwing in some Gracilaria later on>On the bottom layer of the media basket I have ChemiPure.

Fuge Light?: I woule like a clip on refugium light soon but I haven't done much research on which I will get yet.

Livestock

As many of you know, I am obssessed with gobies and blennies so you can expect that. This week I will make a post with my detailed plan for livestock and a write-up on all the equipment I use. If you haven't checked up in a while and want to see what livestock additions I've made look at the first post of the thread.

The obligatory FTS

I like it on full whites and blues together. I haven't seen corals under it yet and I am willing to change it to make the corals look to my liking.

297.jpg

Here is it on only full blues.

299.jpg

I will continue this layout for weekly updates and additions. Please come back often and thanks for viewing the thread!

And as always... Gobies FTW!

Archived