Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AM I'm kinda surprised on the BB? Aren't you a goby man? Don't you think they would like a little SB to make a home in?

Anyway glad to see this tank wet and salty! Good luck, I'll be following!

animalmaster6
You are going bb?
AM I'm kinda surprised on the BB? Aren't you a goby man? Don't you think they would like a little SB to make a home in?

Anyway glad to see this tank wet and salty! Good luck, I'll be following!

Sand or Bare-Bottom?

As you see in the first post's pictures I do not have sand. I am planning on adding sand.. I have yet to buy sand and I want high quality sand. I plan on the basic, smooth aragonite. I plan on having a possum wrasse and goby/shrimp pair so sand is essential.

What brand of sand?

I have no idea as of now! I plan on ordering it online and I just need to find out where I want it from. At the moment I am considering Sealife Inc.

Cool beans dude, just checking. The goby needs it. I wouldn't worry to much about the possum wrasse. Mine never sleeps in the sand bed, actually he barely sleeps and when he does it curled up in a rock. He's not a type that buries himself. Looks good can't wait to see it grow.

animalmaster6
:D awesome!

Thanks!

Cool beans dude, just checking. The goby needs it. I wouldn't worry to much about the possum wrasse. Mine never sleeps in the sand bed, actually he barely sleeps and when he does it curled up in a rock. He's not a type that buries himself. Looks good can't wait to see it grow.

Haha yeah. I would never recommend keeping a goby in a tank without sand. I also personally don't like the look of bare-bottom.

Really? Thanks for the input jeffro. I always thought they were sand burriers. Guess not!

Thanks! I can't wait to see it grow also.

animalmaster6
What was the running tank you had before this?

Haha that's the thing. I didn't have one! I spent like a year and a half planning out and setting up the 125 but it just couldn't be done. I had to set this tank up because it's literally been 2-3 years since I've had a SW tank. I have and still have a 29 gallon FW tank tho.

animalmaster6
What was the last running tank you had?

A little 12 gallon eclipse that failed due to the bad filtration and lighting.

Haha this will be my first attempt at a real reef. How do I know so much then? Reading. Reading. Reading. Reading. Helping! Reading.

I've learned that not only reading up on every article and everything I can find helps but actually helping people with the knowledge I've gained helps me learn as well.

Animalmaster6's 7.5 Gallon Goby Reef

Finally! A tank from animalmaster6 all filled up with water!

267 days and 620 posts later ... and it looks great!

animalmaster6

:lol: Can't tell if this is sarcasm but thanks lol. It'll get better! It will be worth the wait, I promise! ;)

Yep! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I found a definite source for Trimma tevegae and a possible source for Bryaninops natans. There's two of my dream gobies!

Gah, I have been harassing LFS's for almost 2 years trying to find T. tevegaes. No one will order them for me. Can you share your source? Pretty please?

And congrats on finally getting water! I like the scape, though I think I will like it more with sand. i'm glad the wait is finally over for you.

animalmaster6
Gah, I have been harassing LFS's for almost 2 years trying to find T. tevegaes. No one will order them for me. Can you share your source? Pretty please?

And congrats on finally getting water! I like the scape, though I think I will like it more with sand. i'm glad the wait is finally over for you.

Thanks! :happy: I love the scape. I am planning on tweaking it a tiny bit but that is definitely staying the way it is.

Unfortunetly it's through another forum's member's lfs' wholesaler. It's going to be hard to get and there is a very, very small number. I will say check DD often! I've seen them on DD a couple of times.

All I can say is finally!

Oh I have a pic of the Yasha up. I need to upload the Video of the Shrimp and Yasha doing their thing. Such a neat little couple. :happy:

Thanks! :happy: I love the scape. I am planning on tweaking it a tiny bit but that is definitely staying the way it is.

Unfortunetly it's through another forum's member's lfs' wholesaler. It's going to be hard to get and there is a very, very small number. I will say check DD often! I've seen them on DD a couple of times.

Eh, I figured. I do keep watching DD, but I've only seen one or two, posted several months apart. I'd pay their shipping rate if they got pairs, but not for one tiny fish.

You'll just have to post lots of pictures when you get one, so I can live vicariously through your thread.

Wow I didn't realize it took this long

I'm glad it's finally got water! omgomgomg

Very excited to see the goby stock list!!

animalmaster6
Eh, I figured. I do keep watching DD, but I've only seen one or two, posted several months apart. I'd pay their shipping rate if they got pairs, but not for one tiny fish.

You'll just have to post lots of pictures when you get one, so I can live vicariously through your thread.

Yeah I'd give them a call, too.

:lol: Will do.

FINALLY?

:D

Wow I didn't realize it took this long

I'm glad it's finally got water! omgomgomg

Very excited to see the goby stock list!!

:happydance:

The livestock list should be interesting, I can tell you that.

Try caribsea agaramax. I normally get it at petsmart, 30#lb bag for about 20.

http://www.caribsea.com/itempage_marinesubstrate_dry.htm

Next best would be seachem meridian.

http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Meridian.html

I'll probably go with the CaribSea. That seems like the best stuff. I also may order it because I don't how long it was just sitting at the store.

Archived