inTank Media Baskets

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
omgomgomg omgomgomg Congrats little buddy Very happy to see this tank running!! :happydance:

:happy: Thanks Hype! I almost can't believe it's up myself :lol:

animalmaster6

The promise is due by monday ;)

I've got a bit of an update tomorrow as well as some beginning of the cycle pics. Haha don't worry I've got this thread covered ;)

animalmaster6
Ahhh! I remember now, thought there were other pics!

Hows the tank running? Any spikes yet?

:lol:

It's running great! Filter is running fine, chaeto is alive, tank is at the right temp, now I just need to find the parameters. I actually am planning on checking parameters tomorrow. I need to put water in badly lol. It evaporated sooooo fast.

Congratulations on the water. Looking good. I'll be following.

Thanks GT!

Wow it's about time! I can not believe you have water in it! Congratz my friend!

Thanks D! This is all thanks to you though. And sorry about all the hecticness :lol:

animalmaster6
I can't wait until you get some gobies in there - I think they are awesome, too!

:Hi5: Gobies FTW! omgomgomg

In addition to gobies I plan on possibly adding a possum wrasse and barnacle blennies.

animalmaster6

Update on the Cycle Progress

The tank seems to be running well! The filter is staying quiet and the chaeto is alive. I love the chemi-pure. The tank is very clear.

I have not ordered the sand yet so basically my cycle hasn't started completely but on the live rock there is cyano, hair algae, and other growth. One thing that I've noticed is there is no pods anywhere. There is lots of growth and algae, but no pods! This concerns me so I am thinking of ordering a pound of rock from Sea Life Inc. as well as some sand from them. They have a great reputation of having tons of life and biodiversity in their products. I think I am going with their sand but I want to make sure they have fine sand because some reviews say otherwise. What I will do for the live rock is I will just stack the new Sea Life Inc. LR on the old LR and when I'm done cycling crush it all up and put it in the AC.

310.jpg

311.jpg

312.jpg

There is no coralline or algae on the dry rock yet but I am not worried about that. It will come with time :happy:

Things to do:

• - Add water
    - Order sand and new live rock
    - Check parameters
    - Make a DIY cover (tank is open top atm)

FTS Week 2

313.jpg

animalmaster6
Half empty...? Looks good otherwise!

Evap. I need to put water in it.

Thanks Kazoo!

WOW did that all evap????

Yeah it's crazy lol.

That does seem a little extreme, especially since you don't have much equipment to heat the tank up that much. Could there be a leak somewhere? Or maybe a drip in the filter?

Archived