Cultivated Reef

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey AM, I have a 65 gallon tank being built for me and was wondering, if I could get a pair, if I could keep a mating pair of discordipinna griessingeri in it. It's rimless, but I could probably rig something up.

animalmaster6

Back from another leave af absence lol. I hope to say that I won't randomly disappear but I cannot promise it. :rolleyes:

Kazooie, yes but I can't guarantee you'll ever see them. A lot of people lose them in 12 gallon tanks...

Kazooie, yes but I can't guarantee you'll ever see them. A lot of people lose them in 12 gallon tanks...

Alrighty, cool. Actually, I'm thinking of keeping them in the sump and trying to breed them. I contacted a guy out in the Philippians about getting a known pair a while ago... :huh:

animalmaster6
Alrighty, cool. Actually, I'm thinking of keeping them in the sump and trying to breed them. I contacted a guy out in the Philippians about getting a known pair a while ago... :huh:

Sounds legit :D

• 2 weeks later...
animalmaster6

A little over a week until my freshmen year is over, and I am back into the reefing/forum scene :happy:

I've been extremely busy with soccer (i play like 4-5 times a week), school, friends, and to be honest, I haven't really been into reefing lately. I plan on getting into the video game commentating scene once I move and I've been into that lately. Knowing that I can't have an aquarium until I move kinda just made me think of having a break.

Anyways, I'll see you guys in a little over a week. :D

Haha yeah. Seanannners is awesome :D

It's a greay hobby and if I stick with it I could make a good amount of money.

this is coming from the girl who can barely play the harry potter video games, so i'm completely clueless...and i'm kind of curious, how do you make the money?

animalmaster6

Two days left...!

I've got tons of ideas and shenanigans I need to talk about. Definitely stay tuned!

this is coming from the girl who can barely play the harry potter video games, so i'm completely clueless...and i'm kind of curious, how do you make the money?

Haha not many people no about the Youtube Gaming Community. Basically, if you get a lot of views, likes, and subscribers you can get partnerships with YouTube or channels like Machinima that showcase your gaming videos.

animalmaster6

O hai B)

At the moment I am currentally listening to Deadmau5 planning my future aquarium ideas... Fun stuff! :D

So...

The move is almost complete. I pretty much have to stop being lazy and just get my stuff moved over then I can start up some aquariums. To be honest, I just have a huge jumble of random ideas right now. I of course have the empty 7.5 gallon to take over and I've got the 29 gallon FW I have up. I think I'm going to keep the 29 gallon at my dads house (current house) though. It would just be one big pain to move. Most of you also know I have the 125 gallon. Unfortunetly I can't take that over to the new house and I also can't afford to pay for it by myself at the moment. So, it's still gonna sit empty at my dads house. I really don't know when or even if that will be set up :lol:

Here are my ideas for the new house: I have been alotted one aquarium in my living room and I have a little bit of space in my bedroom for an aquarium too. Also, in the kitchen there is a little overhang thing in front of the window. I might be able to put like a 1 or 2 gallon pico there.

7.5 Gallon- There is a perfect corner in the living room for this tank so I think it will go here. I'm still planning the same stuff for this tank: Gobies, SPS, LPS and Zoas, and lots of shrimp.

Pico in the Kitchen- I honestly don't know 100% yet if my mom will let me do this :lol: If she does, it will probably be like a one or two gallon. It will definitely be sunlit so I'm not sure what corals would be able to thrive in this. I would love to do like 3 or 4 Maxi Minis with a group of Sexy Shrimp but I'm not sure if they would do well under just sunlight. We'll see about this one.

Bedroom Tank- This is mainly what I'm trying to figure out:

- I do have a 40B just lying around. I'm thinking about setting up either a macro only or FOWLR tank with some bigger fish. One idea I have is doing a couple of fairy or flasher wrasses with misc. other fish. I am also considering doing a scorp tank. I'm not really sure yet. One thing I am sure of is I can't afford heavy duty lights or equipment on this tank. I would love to do another reef but I really can't afford nice lights. I am fine with just having the 7.5g as a reef. I am leaning towards doing macros with maybe some Seagrass. Seagrass could be a heavy uptaking though.

- I just thought about this idea but it could be way more involved and expensive then I'd like lol. My favorite thing about reefing is the huge variety of fish, corals, and inverts. One thing I face is there is always a fish or invert I would love to try but they just wouldn't fit with other fish or the tank size. This idea would tackle this problem. It would be something like this except on a much, much smaller scale

stand.jpg

I could have a large variety of fish with this. The only problem is I have a life and I have no idea how I could do water changes and maintenence on something like this :lol: I could just do like 5 or 6 tanks with just a heater and something for flow and that wouldn't be too bad. I would have just live rock, sand, and probably some chaeto or other macro. I'm not sure if I would have lights at all but if I did they would be extremely cheap. Buying food and salt for this many tanks/fish would be expensive and water changes would be soooo not fun :P . I must say I love this idea though. I'd love to have wrasses, gobies, blennies, pseaudochromis, dartfish, cardinalfish, lionfish, stingfish, hawkfish, filefish, everything! (Obviously not all of those lol). I'd be able to have such a huge variety with this idea. If this idea is possible for me I think I might go with this.

So that's pretty much what I'm thinking at the moment. Of course these are all ideas and I'm not sure what I am going to do yet but you guys wanted an update so this is what's going on.

Please give me feedback! That would be much appreciated :)

tl;dr

j/k i actually read it :P

So you want a 7.5g reef, 40g macro, 1-2g pico, and a fish store fish system thingy?

definatly get your reef going first tho

Haha if only I could do something like that last system! That's why I love having multiple tanks, I like having different systems that house different communities :)

You could see if you could get an used tank from a LFS, like a 60-70 with those acrylic dividers (super pain to clean those slits though!) Except it would look like a fish store in your room..

I'm not sure if something like option #3 would be practical and possible for you :/

If you really want something like that you could split the 40 breeder with a piece of glass or something

animalmaster6
tl;dr

j/k i actually read it :P

So you want a 7.5g reef, 40g macro, 1-2g pico, and a fish store fish system thingy?

definatly get your reef going first tho

No, a 7.5g, 1-2g, and the fish store thingy or a 40B.

Haha if only I could do something like that last system! That's why I love having multiple tanks, I like having different systems that house different communities :)

You could see if you could get an used tank from a LFS, like a 60-70 with those acrylic dividers (super pain to clean those slits though!) Except it would look like a fish store in your room..

I'm not sure if something like option #3 would be practical and possible for you :/

If you really want something like that you could split the 40 breeder with a piece of glass or something

Yeah lol. It really doesn't sound possible. I don't care about the aesthetics so much, it's just the maintenence that would be crazy. I'm thinking about just doing the 40B.

Cool ideas! How many hours of sun would the maxi minis in the sunlit tank get? I think you can get away with less with them if you feed. I've got one in a 2.5 gal. with 10 watts of PC and it's doing fine with weekly feedings of mysis.

animalmaster6
Cool ideas! How many hours of sun would the maxi minis in the sunlit tank get? I think you can get away with less with them if you feed. I've got one in a 2.5 gal. with 10 watts of PC and it's doing fine with weekly feedings of mysis.

I would feed every other day if that's not too much for them. I dunno. I feel like it just wouldn't be enough light.

Archived