SaltCritters.com

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

College History isn't so bad, but then again the Professor can make all the difference. Oh and fill up the cube more! I think it'd look better and reduce the salt creep. Just my IMO, but hey at least this tank is finally kickin'.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
Are you going to take APUSH? Lots of note taking and memorization :P

Yep AP USH. Should be interesting :D I wanna take AP Bio my junior year and AP Environmental Science my senior year.

You are only 3 years older than me?! I thought that you were older!

:unsure: Haha never knew you were 12. I was 12 when I joined too! :happy:

College History isn't so bad, but then again the Professor can make all the difference. Oh and fill up the cube more! I think it'd look better and reduce the salt creep. Just my IMO, but hey at least this tank is finally kickin'.

Yeah but keep in mind it will be my first "hard work" class in high school. I do well in school especially in history so I am looking forward to it! ;)

:lol: Yeah i've just been lazy with topping off. When I have stuff in here it will be filled to the top. Thanks!

Wow, when you said "going to be a sophomore next year", I was like "when did he graduate high school? I thought he was a senior now." Boy was I off. (Feel free to take that as a compliment! You come off as very mature.)

AP classes are fun, AP Bio was definitely my favorite, since we got to get up and get our hands dirty. AP Environmental sounds awesome, I wish I'd have the opportunity to take that. If your AP classes are run anything like the AP classes in my high school, however, they are nothing like college. College is more reading and way less actual work.

I hated AP lol, but then again I was always good in school just a lazy ass. I am paying for it now in college though.

altolamprologus

You should definitely take AP environmental. I had a lot of fun when I took that in high school, although I guess it also depends on the teacher.

Sublunary is right. "College level" high school classes are nothing like college. They're just regular high school classes with extra projects and homework

animalmaster6

I've got a weird, black algae bloom. Not diatoms, not GHA, it's like a black sludgey hair algae. I'll get a video up. I STILL NEED SAND! :P I've been packed with projects this week and last week but finally I have a break for a while to do the tank.

Wow, when you said "going to be a sophomore next year", I was like "when did he graduate high school? I thought he was a senior now." Boy was I off. (Feel free to take that as a compliment! You come off as very mature.)

AP classes are fun, AP Bio was definitely my favorite, since we got to get up and get our hands dirty. AP Environmental sounds awesome, I wish I'd have the opportunity to take that. If your AP classes are run anything like the AP classes in my high school, however, they are nothing like college. College is more reading and way less actual work.

:lol: Thanks :)

Yeah from what I've heard the AP classes are practically all reading (especially history and chem). I know I will have TONS of summer work.

I hated AP lol, but then again I was always good in school just a lazy ass. I am paying for it now in college though.

Yeah I'd rather not take it lol but it should be good because of the credit.

You should definitely take AP environmental. I had a lot of fun when I took that in high school, although I guess it also depends on the teacher.

Sublunary is right. "College level" high school classes are nothing like college. They're just regular high school classes with extra projects and homework

I'm good friends with a senior who's taking it and he loves it. I can't wait!

haha, oh, so true :lol:

Part of the reason I'm taking it is because of the teacher. Everybody says he is the best in the school.

animalmaster6
How do/did you make money? Or do your parents support you?

:lol: Well for the 125 my dad did all the equipment and I'm doing the livestock (but it's postponed anyways)

This tank was just from money saved up for quite a while. My parents haven't paid for anything though I think some of this money may have been birthday money from a while ago. I'm a REALLY good money saver.

I need a job tho! I plan on setting up a frag system and breeding bettas and other fish. If I spend full time working on the frag tank rather than an actual job I think it will get me more money to be honest. I've been even considering a wholesaler for the frag system once I have it all set up.

Jacob042426
:lol: Well for the 125 my dad did all the equipment and I'm doing the livestock (but it's postponed anyways)

This tank was just from money saved up for quite a while. My parents haven't paid for anything though I think some of this money may have been birthday money from a while ago. I'm a REALLY good money saver.

I need a job tho! I plan on setting up a frag system and breeding bettas and other fish. If I spend full time working on the frag tank rather than an actual job I think it will get me more money to be honest. I've been even considering a wholesaler for the frag system once I have it all set up.

I had a vision that I was going to have an aquaculture facility in my room. :huh: I'm not old enough for an actual job, so it is an option! I would do 6 20l, one for frags, one for macros, one for inverts, and 2 for fish! That would be pretty cool!

animalmaster6

Sorry guys gonna have to do the update tomorrow. Good news though as I finally have time to get some sand :lol: Check in tomorrow!

animalmaster6

I was definitely wrong when I said this week I didn't have much homework and projects :D

I haven't had much time at all. I'm gonna have to do the update this weekend.

Do ycg only eat sps when they are hungry, or is it part of their natural diet?

From what I've seen they don't eat SPS. In the wild they make a nest out of the SPS and that is what kills the tissue.

animalmaster6
Ohhh! I was confused about that! Are they no good for sps tanls?

It's a hit or miss pretty much. There's a good chance he won't nip at them but you never know unfortunetly.

• 2 weeks later...
animalmaster6

Well I have some really sad news :( I'm moving...

There's a good chance I won't be able to have an aquarium especially a larger one (there is now no 125 at all) and even if I can have a tank, I still might not be able to do it. My dad won't be living with me anymore. He always helped with the plumbing, electrical, and RO/DI water. I have no idea how to do any of that and it's going to be tough to do so. I sure am gonna try but like I said, I'm not even sure if I can have an aquarium anymore. It's terribly sad to me because this stuff is my favorite thing in the world and I had some great ideas. I'll still be on the forums talking and helping people tho. I would never leave N-R behind. Sorry to anyone who's been following but as of now, i won't be having an aquarium.

- Michael

animalmaster6
Are your parents splitting bud?

:lol: Long story but that happened when I was like 2. The reason is because money is really tight atm and they can't pay for the house.

Jacob042426

Use this equiptment to start a pico! You have everything you need already! Sell the stuff from the 125 and you'll have enough to support the tank!

Archived