Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mitch's 17.4g Reef

_Mitch_

Nice tank Mitch sorry to ear about your Wrasse! what are you feeding your RBTA?

Thanks, it's okay. I'm feeding the BTA a bunch of foods, including: Enriched Mysis Shrimp, Blood Worms, Spirulina Enriched Brine Shrimp, Regular shrimp, Mussels, Oyster, and whatever else may be in the Rod's Rood Fish Only Blend. Everyone in the tank loves that stuff!

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You gotta post a full tank shot :D

Soon. Not much has changed since the last one, besides getting rid of the Acans and some coral growth. I took some pictures of my Leucs earlier, I'll post them here later. ;)

haha :lol: I love leucs even though I havent kept them yet -_- my fav frog is probably T&B auratus,and are actualy pretty rare(I havent seen any body but a friend and I keep them)

how old was your tank when you put the RBTA in,and sorry bout the wrasse -_-

Thanks. It was a little less than 4 months old. I know that I added it "early" but my parameters were stable and I believe the tank was ready for it at the time.

Anyways, here's a few of those frog pictures. These are my D. leucomelas. I'll soon be building a 65 gallon Peninsula Vivarium for them!

dsc05206h.jpg

dsc05218v.jpg

dsc05234l.jpg

They're not the best pictures, but you get the point.

Yay! My angel fish was trap in the rocks cave for 3 days. I thought he disappear was a goner! But I did pick up a few more resident for the tank.

Those frogs pictures look awesome! Nice colors bro.

Yay! My angel fish was trap in the rocks cave for 3 days. I thought he disappear was a goner! But I did pick up a few more resident for the tank.

Those frogs pictures look awesome! Nice colors bro.

Nice! Sadly my Wrasse wasn't just hiding.

I can't wait to get started on my Vivarium build. It should end up being pretty nice. :)

Everything looks really, really healthy in those pics, Mitch. I particularly like the Caulerpa, what a pretty macro.

Thanks! I really like it too. I plan on letting it grow out a bunch. Sometimes it's shoots just randomly die, though. Not sure why, but it might have something to do with low phosphate levels.

Thanks. It was a little less than 4 months old. I know that I added it "early" but my parameters were stable and I believe the tank was ready for it at the time.

Anyways, here's a few of those frog pictures. These are my D. leucomelas. I'll soon be building a 65 gallon Peninsula Vivarium for them!

dsc05206h.jpg

dsc05218v.jpg

dsc05234l.jpg

They're not the best pictures, but you get the point.

Did you get your insperation from Grimm :P

Did you get your insperation from Grimm :P

Nope! I think he started in the hobby a little bit after me, but I'm not fully sure of that. That being said, he does have some beautiful vivariums.

Nope! I think he started in the hobby a little bit after me, but I'm not fully sure of that. That being said, he does have some beautiful vivariums.

ya he really has some nice tanks,Ive never been good at hardscaping vivs <_< but my reef is actually looking good,cant really do much with it right now because every time I reach in the cleaner shrimp just HAS to jump up on my hand and start cleaning me :P BTW what frogs do you have at the moment

i feel like i havn't been here in a while...things look good :)

Thanks!

ya he really has some nice tanks,Ive never been good at hardscaping vivs <_< but my reef is actually looking good,cant really do much with it right now because every time I reach in the cleaner shrimp just HAS to jump up on my hand and start cleaning me :P BTW what frogs do you have at the moment

My Cleaner Shrimp often does that too, it's a funny feeling when they're cleaning your hands.

Right now I have a 2.1 D. leucomelas and a 1.1 E. anthonyi 'Santa Isabela'. I sold my other frogs and now I'm down to these two groups. I'll be putting the Leucs into a 65g Peninsula Vivarium soon. I might put the SI's in there too, but I'm not sure as of yet. Can't wait to get started on that project! :)

I just picked up a group of 3 juvenile Blue/Green Chromis from Greenwich Aquaria (my LFS). They're schooling well and add a lot of movement to the tank that I didn't have before with my other fish. I'm loving them so far! :D

Pictures to come soon!

I just picked up a group of 3 juvenile Blue/Green Chromis from Greenwich Aquaria (my LFS). They're schooling well and add a lot of movement to the tank that I didn't have before with my other fish. I'm loving them so far! :D

Pictures to come soon!

| :

Trolling...

God: Where were u when Mitch bought the chromis?

Spencer: 2ft away talking to TJ and Rob :P

Where's Patrick? and Bob?

Patrick is still chillin'. Not sure who Bob is... :o

Anyways, the RBTA has been stressed for the past few days and has decided to move around again. Today it moved pretty close to one of the Koralias so I covered it with mesh screening to prevent injury to the Anemone. I'll be curious to see where it ends up this time. Other than that everyone else is happy and thriving!

Archived