Pod Your Reef

Mitch's 17.4g Reef

_Mitch_

That skimmer looks like an overflow. It's perfect. Does it skim the surface well? Awesome tank btw! :lol:

That's what I'm thinking too. It doesn't skim the surface unless I keep it higher up in my tank. I want it to just look like an overflow so I'm keeping it down low. I have a surface skimmer for my canister filter anyways.

Yeah try out a monticap first. My little frag has been doing pretty good and that's under 36 watts of t5. Keep it up high.

Hmm, maybe I will. I also like The Pink Birdnest, which I might use to test things out since it's not too expensive.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good stuff, glad to see the new fish up and about...

If u tell me when your coming I can have a few prime SPS frags made/saved for you

Our whole SPS system is being redone very soon, four radions like the other tanks, black sand, and possibly a large elevating frag rack, combined with the frag tank and grow out tank in the basement Greenwich Aquaria will be frag/forum friendly...

:D

any nog pictures from the skimmer? i'm tempted at pulling the trigger as well. HOB's just look ridiculous on our size tanks.

What's a "nog" picture? I didn't really like the look of a HOB skimmer/filter either. I don't mind how this skimmer looks in my tank.

good stuff, glad to see the new fish up and about...

If u tell me when your coming I can have a few prime SPS frags made/saved for you

Our whole SPS system is being redone very soon, four radions like the other tanks, black sand, and possibly a large elevating frag rack, combined with the frag tank and grow out tank in the basement Greenwich Aquaria will be frag/forum friendly...

:D

That's awesome Spencer. I'll have to stop in soon.

Also, I just finished the build for my 65 gallon Peninsula Style Vivarium. It still needs more plants and has a lot of growing in to do, but here are a few shots.

dsc05779i.jpg

Corner View

dsc05778a.jpg

FTS

dsc05802z.jpg

Orchid - Stellis sp.

Full details can be found here.

What's a "nog" picture? I didn't really like the look of a HOB skimmer/filter either. I don't mind how this skimmer looks in my tank.

people on here have referred to the skimmate results of the skimmer as a 'nog shot'. how has that skimmer been working for you?

Viv looks good. What kind of frogs will live in there?

I have a 1.2 group of D. leucomelas that will be going in there. I'll be putting them in there in 3 weeks.

people on here have referred to the skimmate results of the skimmer as a 'nog shot'. how has that skimmer been working for you?

I was actually going to dump out skimmate today so I'll give you a "nog shot" later today. The skimmer has been working incredibly well. It's very quiet, pulls out a lot of skimmate, and doesn't look obtrusive in my tank at all.

I was at my LFS just now and I saw the cutest, tiniest Royal Gramma I have ever seen. Needless to say I purchased the little guy. I have little to no impulse control when it comes to buying Reef stuff... :rolleyes:

Pictures to come soon!

I'll show you "nog" my friend.

I love my luecs. I have like ten juvies and they're great frogs. We plan on keeping a 2.1 group but in a 20 long. That's a nice size tank for them.

I'll show you "nog" my friend.

I love my luecs. I have like ten juvies and they're great frogs. We plan on keeping a 2.1 group but in a 20 long. That's a nice size tank for them.

Let's see your nog then!

My Leucs are my favorite frogs. I was keeping/breeding 5 species not too long ago but I sold them all off and kept my Leucs, which were my first frogs. I love 'em!

Here's a nice big picture update for you guys. It took me a while to take and edit all these pictures so any comments would be greatly appreciated. :happy:

dsc05433y.jpg

The only shot of a Chromis I could get - they're incredibly quick!

dsc05445t.jpg

Dragon Eye Zoanthids

dsc05446q.jpg

Eagle Eye Zoanthids

dsc05477d.jpg

Chromis about to be cleaned

dsc05490r.jpg

Bangaii Cardinal

dsc05494s.jpg

The Blenny (Patrick) loves to wedge himself into the power head when it's off during feeding - he's a funny character!

dsc05531k.jpg

I love that face!

dsc05549hf.jpg

Branching Frogspawn

dsc05563j.jpg

Another Cardinal shot

dsc05571g.jpg

The Gorgonian, which is still growing like crazy

dsc05584gy.jpg

Xenia - one of my favorite corals

dsc05611m.jpg

The surface

dsc05617nk.jpg

Snail Race!

dsc05623zs.jpg

Mini Ricordea garden

dsc05670h.jpg

Another surface shot

dsc05680r.jpg

Top/Side view

dsc05689t.jpg

Side view

dsc05665n.jpg

FTS - 1/16/12

Enjoy!

nice tank!

Great tank!

Question: How much of a difference does the stunner strip add to your over all lighting and appearance of the corals? I have pretty much the same lighting setup and im debating which strip to add.

Beautiful reef man!

Reef octo nw-110

That's some great Simmate. I'd love (or hate?) to smell that! :P

nice tank!

Thanks, but no need to quote all of my pictures to say that. :huh:

Great tank!

Question: How much of a difference does the stunner strip add to your over all lighting and appearance of the corals? I have pretty much the same lighting setup and im debating which strip to add.

Beautiful reef man!

Thank you! The Stunner Strip certainly adds a bit of shimmer to the tank that I would not get using only the T5's. It also lights up the front a bit more than the back, creating a sense of depth. I'd highly recommend adding one to your tank if you're looking for these effects.

I've learned to love it. It's like the smell of acros, love it or hate it.

Haha, I was just joking, but whatever floats your boat buddy... :P

Does your blenny jump out quick enough before the pump turns back on?!

I wait for him to leave the Powerhead before I turn it on. I'm not mean enough to turn it on when he's still in there...

I present to you, Mr. Royal Gramma:

dsc06053ui.jpg

dsc06067o.jpg

dsc05862gb.jpg

He's a timid little guy but I'm sure he'll become more bold sooner or later. I'm hoping that he won't become too aggressive. Being that I added him to an established tank chances of this should be lower, but we'll see. Feel free to comment!

If little guy is from GA, than i think i recognize him...

Grammas are awesome fish as long as they don't jump or hide

Can we see some FTS?

I don't know what im talking about but nice Viv, next time you come you might wanna talk to Rob (Short Bald) about that stuff as he has a pretty decent Vivarium downstairs with five or so frogs and a whole mess of plants...

Looks like a pain the ass to feed (Wingless Fruit Flies are constantly being shipped here :P)

If little guy is from GA, than i think i recognize him...

Grammas are awesome fish as long as they don't jump or hide

Can we see some FTS?

I don't know what im talking about but nice Viv, next time you come you might wanna talk to Rob (Short Bald) about that stuff as he has a pretty decent Vivarium downstairs with five or so frogs and a whole mess of plants...

Looks like a pain the ass to feed (Wingless Fruit Flies are constantly being shipped here :P)

Of course he's from GA! :happy: Got him on Sunday afternoon. I posted a FTS a week or two ago. Check out the first page to see it. I've talked to Rob about Dart Frogs. I make fruit fly cultures every weekend, tell him that I can make them for him and bring them in if he wants. I'd do it for store credit!

Archived